I'm tired of n00bs on our master server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Penopat said:
I was in a coop server, leisurely speeding through Flame Rift 2 perfectly legitly. Some guy said I was hacking and kicked me. I joined again, I asked what I was kicked for, they kicked me again.

Later, I join in on Midnight Freeze, and kinda played through the level... (I'm guest)

Player 3 renamed to guest
<guest> :/
<jeff cooper> PLAYER 3
<guest> STILL WONDERING WHY YOU KEEP KICKING ME...
<jeff cooper> CAUSE U HACKED
<dark supersonic> YOU HACK
<waz ups bro> YEAH
>say how?
<guest> how?
Player 6 is in the game (node 23)
Player 6 renamed to Gabriel
>say how did i hack?
<guest> how did i hack?
Gabriel renamed to sonic the hedgehog
<dark supersonic> DONT PLAY DUMB WITH US
jeff cooper has completed the level.
<guest> ...
jewely has completed the level.
<guest> MY LORD
<jeff cooper> HAHA
<jewely> I WAS GONNA WIN!!
<guest> YOU COULD AT LEAST TELL ME HOW I HACKED
<jeff cooper> JEWELY USED AMY I USED SUPER SONIC
<jewely> ...
<jeff cooper> AMY MAKES IT EASIER
<jewely> THE ROBOTS ARE EATING US ALIVE!
<waz ups bro> SOOOOOOO CLOSE
guest has been kicked (Banned)

Wow, they could of said "you use cheat codes" or something, at least.

I demand a selective biased "no stupid hosts, be banned for any reason" rule on the MS. Now. Plz.

But try putting it in their perspective... They are new players enjoying the game (you were an new player as well to). And just some guy gets in the game and quickly ends it.
When I was new I would get upset when better players beat the level really quick. But I would try to beat them most of the times (thats problay why I race alot). But thats's me (and not alot of people are like me.). But just try to put it in their perspectives before you complain...

I believe that the mentality of idiots who scream "U H4X0RD" is one that doesn't deserve that kind of attention. So there was an anomaly in the game. WHOOP DE DO! Doesn't make the guy a hacker.

amyrose said:
(amys rule)
At one point, we are all n00bs, so maybe n00bs isn't a good nickname for them...I'm new to this site, but i'm anything but a n00b....I'm getting a pretty extensive fanbase of people, who think im goofy, but a darn good server.

Acually, you are refering to a "Newb"

Newb=New person
Noob=Annoying/idiotic person

Isn't newb and n00b pronounced differently?
Like, Newb is pronounced New-Be
And N00b is pronounced NOOB?

Tired of n00bs? TOO BAD.

Kind of a summary of Spazzo's post. I remeber when Spazz "left forever" under the forum n00b onslaught. One person couldn't even start the game.

I find it incomprehensible how a frequenter of SRB2 netgames cannot be annoyed by consistency errors, lag, overuse of wads, shitty wads, idiots, morons, and assholes, and furthermore wave off someone else's complaint on it as "too bad". If it's "too bad", then I think the one thing users should be doing is helping get rid of noobs, or at least giving some smart ideas.

I've said before how negativity on this kind of thing pisses me off.

No. Two, to split noobs and actual players. One of them has no rules, the other one does. This way, noobs can host hangout or whatever and just be out of our hair.

Segmint said:
No. Two, to split noobs and actual players. One of them has no rules, the other one does. This way, noobs can host hangout or whatever and just be out of our hair.

Hmm, I like that.

Lots of people have said the same thing you just did, yet nothing is being done. I mean, it's not like Logan_GBA likes spending his time banning people from the MS.

I still believe just removing the address from the game settings and moving it over to a sticky would solve a lot of problems. SRB2 netgames are a lot of noobs' only way of communication with SRB2 folks until they hear about the forums in a netgame. They won't hear about SMS in a netgame, and they won't go onto the forums asking where to get it.

The link to the forums is on the main page, Blue Warrior. If a noob downloads the game, they'll probably see the link.

Segmint said:
Lots of people have said the same thing you just did, yet nothing is being done. I mean, it's not like Logan_GBA likes spending his time banning people from the MS.

Well, I don't know if you could do this but can't you ask someone who is willing to make another master server twenty-four-seven and then get some one to just hook the two up together!?

Sykotic said:
Who the hell is going to be willing to make a server that'll get populated by the people no one likes?

Well, don't look at me, you guys will eventually find someone who could do it!

Sykotic has a point. Actually, who would make another server, in general? Most of us here don't want our bandwidth being sucked up, and the chance that we'd be able to keep it up every minute of every day is pretty minimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back