I need answers. Im totally lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess Sonic had a fever, and the only prescription was more cowbell?

Seriously. There's no explanation. Not like it really matters.

I've always considered large series to not really have any true continuity. I mean, no one takes offense when the Mario games screw around with the geography every game. It's just not worth trying to give the Sonic games a continuous timeline or fix plotholes.

Most people in the Mario community hardly ever confront the idea really. Its kind of funny. Mario games usual have simple plots, with little room for plotholes, and each mario game has little or no references to the previous one.

firemario1001 said:
Most people in the Mario community hardly ever confront the idea really. Its kind of funny. Mario games usual have simple plots, with little room for plotholes, and each mario game has little or no references to the previous one.
That's my point. The Sonic games only sorta reference each other, and never really seem to actually be continuous. All that stays the same is that the Chaos Emeralds are integral to one of Eggman's plans, and it's up to Sonic to stop him.

Heroes appears to try and connect them, and I'd consider that the biggest mistake ever, plot-wise. Continuous plots aren't always a good thing, really.

The only part I've seen it connect at is where Tails recieves a chaos emerald from saving station square from the Egg Walker.

Super Sonic's eyes were red in the Genesis games.

This post marks my return from a 2-month limbo. Horray. While I was gone, I won a free, all-expenses-paid trip to Heaven.

"There's a shortage of chairs..."

TV? You must be playing Mega Collection. I think in mega collection, sonic Team has slightly remade the sprites to look more accuture to the charcter designs of today

Mystic said:
It's just not worth trying to give the Sonic games a continuous timeline or fix plotholes.

however some series are meant to connect. the megman games are supposed to connect (asside from the network games.) but Capcom is still screwing around and won't make a blasted megaman 9. HURRY IT UP CAPCOM, THE BIGGEST PLOTHOLE IN GAMING NEEDS FIXED.

Heh... Megaman 9 was STJr's Top-Secret non-Sonic game project... We had a pretty good idea going that made a lot of sense...

Why does everyone think Megaman and Bass is really Megaman 9? I mean, you can have games with similar gameplay and not be part of a series. Look at the Sonic Advance games for example. They share features found in the old Sonic the Hedgehog series, but they're not the same series.

I heard that Megaman and Bass was made as a beta before Megaman 8 was made but didn't get released until afterwards. True or untrue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back