I can't believe no one has asked this yet.

How do you rate SRB2? (1 worst, 10 best)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically, the reason I rate it a 10 is the reason everyone else rates high. It's moddable.

Four.

Yes, four.

SRB2 at this point is just kinda "blah" to me. The netcode needs work, OpenGL is glitchy, software doesn't have any special features, no slopes (argh.), and well, the replay value is pretty much gone by now. All the levels out there have essentially got the same generic feel to them, just with varying difficulties and different texture sets. It's just not anything new to me anymore, and the over-saturation of sh... er, crappy wads out there doesn't exactly help the situation out either.

Additionally, the gameplay is a little basic for my tastes. What we need now is some kind of mission mode. That'd add some much-needed pizazz.

I do appriciate the moddability of the game, though. That brings it up a notch. Too bad a ton of other Sonic fangames out there are starting to do the same thing, with built-in level editors and far superior results.

I'm starting to see why JTE moved on from SRB2 onto other games with more massive scopes. Meh.

God. I can't get an honest (see: accurate) overall opinion of the game without 20 retards going "ITS THEE BEST GAME EVERRRRR".

I was asking this for a project, but fuck it.

But I do feel that it is the best game ever. I don't say "It's the best" when I don't mean it.

This is a game with good potential, but it's not used. (In most cases. People who use the SRB2 Sonic sprite as the base of their character wad, I'm looking at you guys.)

Who has done that now...?

Super mystic sonic
Flame the hedgehog
Me ( I used the SS Sprites, but I guess they count)
Mystic shadow
Sega (Not really a sprite, but shadow sucks...)

I guess an 8 would be for me, the netplay functions and its customisablility make up the majority of this, but the gameplay is fun.

On the negative side, I would say the lack of a decent knuckles sprite and the numerous rendering errors, not to mention the lack of enemies/boss' and official maps.

8. Very good game, but I still think it has a lot more possibilities that aren't or can't be done.

I'd say around an 8. It's so incredibly well-done on all of the basic levels, but it needs more content. Single player stages are lacking, and the multiplayer can be a tad unbalanced at times. When the final DOES eventually get here, though, I'd give it a 10. The gameplay rules, and when we finally have more than 3 zones to play, it'll shine.

It's too bad the multiplayer is OVERbalanced as of the newest version and the stages all have the same feel. Red Volcano was the only stage I've tried so far that doesn't feel like "Generic Sonic Platformer Level Act 1", and I've tried a lot of them. Luckily it was made by AJ, who is doing the levels for the final game; hopefully they'll be up to RV's standards.

Oh, and CEZ needs to be blown off the face of the internet. Enough said.

Omega the Hedgehog said:
It's too bad the multiplayer is OVERbalanced as of the newest version and the stages all have the same feel. Red Volcano was the only stage I've tried so far that doesn't feel like "Generic Sonic Platformer Level Act 1", and I've tried a lot of them. Luckily it was made by AJ, who is doing the levels for the final game; hopefully they'll be up to RV's standards.

Oh, and CEZ needs to be blown off the face of the internet. Enough said.
Well, if the levels suck so bad, and you hate them so much, I'd like to direct you to our friends, DoomBuilder and WadAuthor. Make better stages yourself, and then we'll start talking about how the SRB2 stages supposedly "suck". I'll note that we currently have more variety in SRB2 than ever. Non-symmetrical match levels, match levels with weird gimmicks, a group of interesting CTF stages, and some highly entertaining single player content. The only part of that I agree with is the fact that CEZ sucks, but we've known that for years, as it was never supposed to exist after Demo 4.X. Oops.

PWNED.

Multiplayer levels are easy, and I mean REALLY easy to make. You hardly need any tags at all (unless you want it to be as perfect as posable in every single way ... til lag comes along ;P) and Its a real breeze to make equal. then, you test it yourself... and when you feel it's nice, double the size with 'Scale 200%'

Omega's just mad because he continued to play with 1.08 for at least half a year after 1.09 came out. ^_~

I still have 1.08 too. I mainly have it cause of the wads, like SPMoves' wads n EXE, Skornedshadow's Eggmanway; Mario Kart; the huge Super Mario mod, and some match levels here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back