How far are you all? (Maybe spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im doing pretty well, but im having a really hard time finding all the emblems, right now I have

clear the game

clear the game with all emeralds

I have all the emblems at green flower zone act 1

I have sonic and knuckles' emblems on green flower zone act 2
I have sonic and knuckles' emblems on techno hill zone act 1

anyone willing to help?

I would have all 7 chaos emeralds with Tails, but I keep on going into the Disco room and getting destroyed. Wtf do you even get from it.

emblempride said:
I would have all 7 chaos emeralds with Tails, but I keep on going into the Disco room and getting destroyed. Wtf do you even get from it.

Potentially infinite lives, a second emerald token and an alternate ending to the act.

Finished the game with both Knuckles and Sonic. (spoilers marked below, but even then, they're not too explicit)

[spoiler:4708372d57]It's kinda amazing that Tails was the hardest character for me to use against the final boss, and not Sonic, as I had initially expected. Sonic has a tendency to get trapped when leaping from platform to platform, but at least when used properly, his thok can be a blessing (or a curse). I'm pretty sure that Tails's flying just doesn't help at all whatsoever in this battle; it makes you practically a sitting duck, and you can't move around as quickly as you'd like. I still haven't completed the game with him, as a result. And of course, Knuckles is the easiest character to use because... I shouldn't even have to explain this one.

Oh yeah, and with Sonic, it's actually not too difficult to nail about six hits on the boss a minute into the fight.[/spoiler:4708372d57]

By the way, I stand by Egg Rock Zone being the final zone that has made a more lasting impression on me than any other final Sonic level after Final Egg from SA1. So hard, but so wonderful.

Falvern57 said:
emblempride said:

Potentially infinite lives, a second emerald token and an alternate ending to the act.

It's a lot harder than the normal way if you die in the room after hitting the checkpoint. Even with infinite lives, it's incredibly difficult to keep the magnet shield until the last room, and the enemies are too annoying. I did it after dying, but then got raped by the boss (FUUUUUUUUUUU).

Plus, if you actually care about getting emeralds, you'll have them all by the time you get to ERZ1. It's all a matter of how hard you get screwed. But it's still so fun and addicting 0_o

So far the only thing worth mentioning that I've gotten is the perfect bonus.

I have sonic and knuckles' emblems on green flower zone act 2
I have sonic and knuckles' emblems on techno hill zone act 1

Here´s some tips for Tails, without spoiling the exact location of them:

[spoiler:d5ad211af5]GFZ2: Find a red shield
THZ1: Don´t look up, look near the poison lakes[/spoiler:d5ad211af5]

As of now, I have twenty emblems, have completed the game with all emeralds as Sonic and Tails, and am on ERZ with all emeralds as Knuckles. I haven't even touched time attack yet.

I.....FINALLY beat the game with all emeralds with Sonic and Tails.

Remaining lives were 2.

Jake said:
[spoiler:8b314111cc]It's kinda amazing that Tails was the hardest character for me to use against the final boss, and not Sonic, as I had initially expected. Sonic has a tendency to get trapped when leaping from platform to platform, but at least when used properly, his thok can be a blessing (or a curse). I'm pretty sure that Tails's flying just doesn't help at all whatsoever in this battle; it makes you practically a sitting duck, and you can't move around as quickly as you'd like. I still haven't completed the game with him, as a result. And of course, Knuckles is the easiest character to use because... I shouldn't even have to explain this one.

Oh yeah, and with Sonic, it's actually not too difficult to nail about six hits on the boss a minute into the fight.[/spoiler:8b314111cc]
[spoiler:8b314111cc]Tails's fly allows you to get in all 8 hits before he even makes a single attack, for a sub 30 second room, whereas normally you might take about 1:30. Sonic isn't particularly hard, but he takes much longer, and he has to use the missle during pinch mode. I actually find Knuckles the hardest for this because of his low jump height.[/spoiler:8b314111cc]

Phew, just finished with Sonic and 6 emeralds... (haven't tried SS7 yet).

If it wasn't for...
[spoiler:2f6217d934]The disco room, i'd still be going though...[/spoiler:2f6217d934]

Took me forever but I finally beat the game with Tails and Knuckles with all emeralds. Super Sonic is too much of a hassle imo

[spoiler:14017c8362]Actually I just suck on SS7 with him, it's way too hard for the likes of me. Still very fun, just very hard. :P[/spoiler:14017c8362]
So far I have the perfect bonus, all emeralds bonus, and 4 emblems. Here's to emblem collecting!

Currently stuck on the overly long jumping over bottomless pit sequence on ACZ with sonic.

Got perfect bonus, 3 emblems and 6 emeralds.

How do you get to Sonic's THZ2 and ACZ1 emblems?
Oh, and 13(?) emblems, beaten as Sonic, currently in Deep Sea Zone as Knuckles. Also beaten with all emeralds, and currently around 16 minutes on Time Attack, not having beaten ERZ1 or 2 on TA yet. Found the disco room, beat SiD, beat SRB1R.

Come to think of it, I haven't figured the perfect bonus out either. Which is amusing, because I've gotten two so far.

Kaysakado said:
Jake said:
[spoiler:aa1aedd1ad]It's kinda amazing that Tails was the hardest character for me to use against the final boss, and not Sonic, as I had initially expected. Sonic has a tendency to get trapped when leaping from platform to platform, but at least when used properly, his thok can be a blessing (or a curse). I'm pretty sure that Tails's flying just doesn't help at all whatsoever in this battle; it makes you practically a sitting duck, and you can't move around as quickly as you'd like. I still haven't completed the game with him, as a result. And of course, Knuckles is the easiest character to use because... I shouldn't even have to explain this one.

Oh yeah, and with Sonic, it's actually not too difficult to nail about six hits on the boss a minute into the fight.[/spoiler:aa1aedd1ad]
[spoiler:aa1aedd1ad]Tails's fly allows you to get in all 8 hits before he even makes a single attack, for a sub 30 second room, whereas normally you might take about 1:30. Sonic isn't particularly hard, but he takes much longer, and he has to use the missle during pinch mode. I actually find Knuckles the hardest for this because of his low jump height.[/spoiler:aa1aedd1ad]

[spoiler:aa1aedd1ad]Well, coming from someone who got to the final boss as Tails before Sonic, I'd say they're about the same difficulty. It's arguably a little easier as Sonic since he can thok right over the boss, but Tails can fly over him, which is about as good. Tails can beat the boss's pinch mode much quicker by jumping on his head, but using the missile is more enjoyable. :P

I actually had no problem whatsoever with Tails' flying; as long as you're moving both horizontally and vertically you're sure not to get hit by his scum gun. Knuckles is definitely the hardest, considering you have to use the highest platforms to jump over the boss.[/spoiler:aa1aedd1ad]

Overall, I'd say Tails is easiest in SP, Knuckles is normal, and Sonic is hard respectively. It's so easy to skip sections in the single player campaign with Tails; Knuckles is little bit more difficult, but it's worth it if you find those exclusive paths; and Sonic is the hardest, but if you get all the emeralds, then you've got a really nice reward for your efforts. Surprising how well the difficulty works without actually having any difficulty settings. I figure people would have the least amount of trouble with the SP campaign if they tried clearing the game with Tails, Knuckles, and Sonic in that order.

Blue Warrior said:
Overall, I'd say Tails is easiest in SP, Knuckles is normal, and Sonic is hard respectively. It's so easy to skip sections in the single player campaign with Tails; Knuckles is little bit more difficult, but it's worth it if you find those exclusive paths; and Sonic is the hardest, but if you get all the emeralds, then you've got a really nice reward for your efforts. Surprising how well the difficulty works without actually having any difficulty settings. I figure people would have the least amount of trouble with the SP campaign if they tried clearing the game with Tails, Knuckles, and Sonic in that order.
Of course, there are some areas where Knuckles is harder than Sonic, most are in ERZ.

Update:

Emblem Count: 16/40

[spoiler:5d5039ee52]Unlocked Levels:

Neo Aerial Garden Zone
Sonic Into Dreams
SRB1 Remake[/spoiler:5d5039ee52]

Perfect Bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back