Have you already quit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome. Well if anyone wants to join they can feel free to but I would advise sending me a PM with which time zone you guys are in. My time zone is -8:00 Pacific Time so I'm 8 hours behind from the UK and 3 hours behind the east coast of the US since I live in California so if you don't see me on either I'm not hosting or it's the time zone difference. I still haven't posted the rules that I usually set for the games I host in my forums but I'll get to it tonight before I host a game. From now on anyone who would want to join send me a PM to continue this particular conversation and I'll give you guys all the info of then I'm usually on, the server name, etc.

As for quitting, the trend I've been following is playing online a lot, then going through a hiatus, and back and forth again.

I don't play much anymore either, because none of my friends are on much anymore, so yeah, that's it and plus srb2 got boring because no new releases yet which I don't think there will be any soon so I don't play as much.

I've found that there is always something new to do on SRB2, just add a bunch of random SOCs, WADfiles and a mod, then you'll usually get pure chaos.

darkness claw said:
I've found that there is always something new to do on SRB2, just add a bunch of random SOCs, WADfiles and a mod, then you'll usually get pure chaos.
what he said.

I don't play as much anymore because of flyff and there is a n00b infestation on the Master Server. And when I do play Srb2, I end up reporting a server -.-'

(Also to the Master Server Admins: There is this player named Master Server who keeps evading bans when they're given to him. Normally his server's name is "Master Server's coop". After giving a warning, he changes to the appropriate map, bans the user reporting, and goes straight back to rule breaking)

sonic260 said:
I don't play as much anymore because of flyff and there is a n00b infestation on the Master Server. And when I do play Srb2, I end up reporting a server -.-'

(Also to the Master Server Admins: There is this player named Master Server who keeps evading bans when they're given to him. Normally his server's name is "Master Server's coop". After giving a warning, he changes to the appropriate map, bans the user reporting, and goes straight back to rule breaking)

When my internet actually works (and when I keep it off the MS) it's actually a lot of fun to play my netgames. You never know what to expect. Right, Dr.P?

Angelus_the_echidna said:
When my internet actually works (and when I keep it off the MS) it's actually a lot of fun to play my netgames. You never know what to expect. Right, Dr.P?
Yes it is, :) I wish we didn't have so many problems trying to connect to each other. >_<
I would play online more if my connection speed wasn't so unstable. I was able to play with HS on his server with 6 other players one night just fine. Although on the next, I had to leave Blue Warrior's server because I was lagging worse than I'll Begin! I got so pissed I pulled my PC's plug right out of the wall without even leaving the net game, and didn't get any sleep all that night. >_< That is all that's keeping me from playing SRB2 online regularly. It's fun when I can actually play with someone besides 16 dumb-as-hell JTE bots.

i notice that when i look for servers on SRB2 there are never any good ones or none at all. it gets boring waiting for it so in the end i just shut my computer down and play my 360 or something.

I like the JTE bots' stupidity. They're funny to torture. I did some of the things FoxBlitzz did in his movie, plus a never-ending automatic ring (although now I can beat 30 of them no sweat.

Last night, a person joined my game. They said "Guess what... you suck" and then just left. Then another person joined and they left right when they joined. Two more n00bs joined, acted stupid, and left suddenly. Then finally one person stuck around and Blue happened to join right after and all of a sudden the 6 player limit was reached within a matter of a minute. Well, it was worth waiting, but it seemed like forever. And all of those players who stuck around to play including Blue and Blade T. Hedgehog weren't n00bs.

Still, don't like the n00b infestation. Maybe I'll just host it as a private game and not on the Master Server if this keeps up.

arnold_the_bartender said:
Last night, a person joined my game. They said "Guess what... you suck" and then just left. Then another person joined and they left right when they joined. Two more n00bs joined, acted stupid, and left suddenly. Then finally one person stuck around and Blue happened to join right after and all of a sudden the 6 player limit was reached within a matter of a minute. Well, it was worth waiting, but it seemed like forever. And all of those players who stuck around to play including Blue and Blade T. Hedgehog weren't n00bs.

Still, don't like the n00b infestation. Maybe I'll just host it as a private game and not on the Master Server if this keeps up.
if that happens can you PM me? i'd like to join it's just that i can't stay on here all day.

I haven't even played SRB2 in So long...

I'm thinking about getting back into it again, As long as there's some decent servers up.

Im staring to get off SRB2 as most people I play with always go "can you add *insert*.wad" about 100 times (I do show them the boot if its my server but when it isnt then I just leave). That and I dont have a lot of wads so I cant join many netgames.

Luckily one of my buddies are back online, just waiting for the other one so I'm gonna stick around online longer. Last night was horrible. One person joined and just left and I was stuck sitting around for literally an hour then I just quit. I tried joining servers by IP but for some reason it never works for me by connecting by IP. It only works if I join a game in the MS list or when I host a game, which is what I do pretty much all the time I play SRB2. But honestly if it keeps up I'll only start a server if one of my friends wants to contact me and play.

And about super's problem with people hosting wads, I know how you feel. It gets annoying seeing the game crash because of missing wad files and having to reopen it again, which is why I never host a game with wads. Wad-free and to the point and advertised on the MS for anyone to join and play.

I don't play mostly, but for some reason, I do now. You can mostly find me as SG or "A God". SO I've started back up Srb2, so no, I haven't quitted.

I've defeated LXShadow a few times now (No offence to LXShadow). But im not going to play for a while, I need to focus on school and keep my 100% A's in my classes. But Im going to start playing again now. So I'll be found a SuperSonicStar* or Shinigami of DeathNote.

I'm on the verge of quitting and just focusing on making my CTF in the meanwhile. Seriously, sitting in an empty server constantly is not fun, not to mention not being able to join any others unless they are advertised on the MS, which they never are. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back