Hard Mode has a secret level?Yes!(HardModeLevel.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superusuario

...Wait. I'm here?
Tired of the same levels every time?
Tired of thokfests in your server?
Tired of n00bs in your server?
Well...This is your wad!
Temple Of Desition:It's useless...Depending on the skill you're playing...You will go to a different level...
Easy & Normal:To credits.
Hard,Very hard & Ultimate:To the secret zone!
There's one useful trap...Fake floor!You will fall in a pit if you fall into a flower floor.Thats the only trap that i'll show!!!
Version with custom music.
Version w/o custom music.
Screenies
Temple of desition:It's not needed.
Secret Zone:
srb20066.png

The same ol' trap.
srb20067.png

Hello Deton,Wait...Deton?Oh no!
srb20068.png

Hi Crawla Commander...Stop with these arrows!
srb20069.png

Eggman!You again?This is your doom!
As you see...Sonic 1 Style.
Have fun!(And yes,I know that i will get scores less than 5)

Haven't you learned from your past mistakes? Eggman boxes are awful in this map, considering how cramped this map is. Hard doesn't equal fun. Sonic doesn't require spring platforming; it rather needs speed.

TD And MI,Have you even played my map or readed the first part?
The Dark Fox:It's to avoid thokfests,They'll mostly thok there...And aslo...Thokfests aren't fun.
Monster Iestyn:I have only released like only 5 levels here.And since the Wiki is down...I have no other thing to do...Me+Wiki down=Suckish levels.
Both:Play the map and rate it.Saying things like that doesn't helps at all.It will maybe make the person's map skills worse.

Yes. I'm saying that Thok fests are much more enjoyable than playing a map where the springs are next to pits. You don't have to rate a map to give criticism.

Dude, Here is some advice: A level like the one you are creating should be fun and good looking. Also if you want a truly difficult level, try making the player think they have to use cheats to get by, when really you just have to use a simple trick.

I don't know anything about making srb2 maps but I know about hl2's hammer editor but hell I'll comment. Just remember to make a good map, you must have random curved turns, lots of them, and never ever have a room where it feels like you are in a box. Long rectangle pathways need to be trashed, you need like the map semi outside but semi inside, with random stairs to go outside. Sounds complicated but that's how to make a good map >.>

Also what I did to make really good maps is basically play other good maps, copy what they did like try to make it almost identical and put your bit of creativity in it, or if you have none merge it with another good map. This is a good map! My first hl2 map is here http://youtube.com/watch?v=R1h9VNlRECg . It basically a bit sucky to be honest, I could have probably made it a lot better but what the hell? It's funny as hell. Also this is 2 years old... I did not use adobe after effects for the video editing... there are a lot of useless effects.

The only cool thing about the map is the cave, I unfortunately got lazy and decided to make the cave blocky at the end... but who cares? (PS it has a low rating because I 1 voted like 10 peoples work, they came after my video that nobody looked at. Now if you are bored take a look at this beast http://youtube.com/watch?v=R1h9VNlRECg (Not for children)

Back to you, never ever make a map with just your imagination. Always base it off something, look at pictures from someone else's map copy it. It is really key!

Oh come on peeps...

Oh come on, at least it's origional, And you try making Techno Hill zone ctf and that's even harder than something like this. This Is gonna be great! i'll give it a try... Ok?

Superusuario, how the hell do you intend to learn to make better wads if you don't listen to criticism, and don't learn from previous bad levels? The wiki will not tell you how to make a good level, rather it will just help with things inside. You made successful fake floors didn't you? I think I have seen better maps in plain design than this one. The wiki being down is no excuse for bad level design. I've played the map(s), and this is what I rate them:
Temple Of "Desition" 0/10 -No effort at all detected. I know it's an intro level thing, but scenery is key with these kinds of levels.
Hard mode challenge 1/10 -I give you props for those fake floors, not much else. Hey, this level had a thok barrier didn't it!
I would suggest looking at fun official maps and see what makes them fun or unfun. And you need to spend a lot more time on making your maps than the apparent 2-minute maps you're making now. You need to have a creative way to stop thokfests, not just some springs over deathpits.

Monster Iestyn said:
Just because it's original, doesn't mean it's going to be great, Sonicboy.
But anyway, Try making THz in ctf, and you'll say "WTF, IMPOSSIBLE!"
I can't get Bases to work, god dang. It's hard!

Unsurprisingly, you still believe that a random Eggman in a square room is a hard boss.
Boss levels aren't fun. Platforming which needs no skill (jump, strafe, Thok) isn't either.

supertails6255 said:
The level just takes me to some brown temple.When I walk I see a door with a spring then it closes.I don't know what to do now.
Go backwards to where the door opened and you'll go to the secret zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back