• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Green Hill Remake & Marble Zone Remake

They're all nice, but the original light blue one looks the best to me followed by the second image in this post with the white clouds. The first is too dark and grim, the third is too cartoonie and doesn't mesh with the rest of the artstyle, and the 4th is a bit too round. I think the redrawn skybox is a huge downgrade to the original too, but might just come down to preference in artstyles.
The Skybox does not have a final style, I want to rework it, if it turns out badly, I will choose another one.

After a good look,thats actually just Green Hill,and not Emerald Hill.It may look like it,but its not that zone.
If you look properly, you'll a large patch of yellow flowers, which are very prominent in Emerald Hill's Background, and the texture of the dirt is blocky but definitely not a checker pattern. Also i had the unedited image of that as my wallpaper for some time.

I even found the original image just for that little extra proof.
> https://www.reddit.com/r/ImaginaryMindscapes/comments/43h2x6/sonic_2_hd_emerald_hill_zone_by_jesús_campos/

Emerald Hill is my favourite Zone, I think I know when I'm looking at it.

battle toads 3d remake.
I thought maybe someone is interested in what I do in my free time, it all took a couple of days.

2023-07-27_17-48-28.png
2023-07-27_17-49-35.png

Last edited:
Wow,your doing great,I cant wait till this is finished,keep up the good work.If this gets finish,I will be so hyped up!

After playing Sonic robo blast 2, I got the idea to transfer the classic cards from the first and second sonic. This map is my idea of how I expected to see the continuation of the classics. In Sonic robo blast 2, I lacked loops and now the work began to boil, I took up the work of the first and second acts of the green hill, as well as parallel work is underway on the marble zone, also sketches of these maps you could see in the assets. There will be several interesting ideas in the maps, such as bridges made of logs, serpentine tunnels, steep jumps, etc. I also invite you to help with editing the landscape.
View attachment 75278
View attachment 75277View attachment 75276
View attachment 75275
If anyone has any ideas to improve the map, write.
Ok that is freaking sick...

This ship is one of the maps that I would like to embody. As for the green hill, I'm redrawing the classic skybox (if I manage to finish it, I'll do the palette, the most difficult thing is to come up with the location of the tracks
s2-wfz-act1map.png
2023-08-08_15-18-41.png

Is this project close to finishing?

If you're asking about the green hill, it's hard to say, because I'm not a designer, and I don't really own Photoshop, I spent a lot of time drawing, which knocked me out. To be honest, I don't believe that I can do anything at all, I can't combine mods with physics and with a high jump, this is essentially the basis of gameplay, I'll try to finish the map, but I don't know what I'll do with the physics of movement. Moreover, I have a new concept of the map, which is why I had to redo the floor of the map, and I'm redoing it for the third time, so that the loop catches my eye and there is a space effect, I can somehow lay out the first part of the location, but I have raised the bar a lot and therefore I can't cope, since the desire to finish it has disappearedIs this project close to finishing?
Post automatically merged:

Is this project close to finishing?
And I haven't made a ship yet

Well hey,I believe in you.Youre trying your best,so if you feel like you need to push yourself more,or you need some rest,we wont hate you for it,its ok,but I think you can do it,you hust need a little bit of help :)

I don’t mind if it’s not but how reminiscent will the levels be off the original level layouts of GHZ and MZ but 3d?

Holy moly that looks magnificent
I don’t mind if it’s not but how reminiscent will the levels be off the original level layouts of GHZ and MZ but 3d?
I compared different styles, including classic ones, I had the idea to make a patch that changes the design to classic for an amateur, but I will try to stick to the golden mean. As for physics, the choice is between high jumps and running on ceilings, I don't want to choose, I'll try to come up with something

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back