Glaber's Ban and anything Sandwichface related ig

that’s not a rude remark, that’s a snarky remark
A snarky remark, unprompted, coming from the guy that is known for being obsessively rude, is rude.

If you actually found that offending then you might as just have glass skin!
It's not a matter of having a different material for skin, it's about not being an asshole for no reason in the first place.
No moderator worth their salt on any community is going to tolerate a disruptive member of the community taking potshots everytime they decide their opinion has to be heard. That's fucking annoying for everybody involved and for the moderators having to clean it up if applicable.

if you cant be bother to watch a couple of videos on this guys channel that shows hes changed for the better that’s on you
I'm not watching videos because the idea here is that you defend your position with information you have, not to make me go watch a person talk to their microphone with vitriol dripping from my headphones for a cumulative amount of three hours.

*attitude

I am not giving you attitude. I am telling you that you are giving me a point that is completely unrelated to my point, and to chalk it up it's also a point that you're not explaining well. I don't understand you.

If anything, you are giving me attitude, man. Stop it. :worry:
Hi there! Long time lurker, first time poster.

Felt necessary to make an account as I feel you are being quite rude to Sls64LGamingBro despite your claims of not giving any attitude, as well as the overall discussion of SandwichFace's previous behaviour in this thread, comes off as hypocritical. I'd appreciate if you wouldn't be so rude to someone making minor spelling mistakes as a way to "one-up" them, as it isn't a valid point and it looks like you're just trying to get a leg up on them for no reason.

Explicitly saying you don't understand them and hitting them with smug emotes is, to me, absolutely giving them attitude as well, please don't be the pot calling the kettle black in this situation.

I was under the impression with this thread, the overall message of the community and your comments that this is meant to be a group that is to support one-another and you don't seem to be doing that, even if their point is contrary or they lack understanding, it isn't right to give them this sort of treatment.

While the version of the game itself isn't going anywhere, the master server tends to drop support for outdated versions, meaning multiplayer requires planning it out with a group, which results in the older version being near dead. Unless the master server starts supporting older versions, I can see the concern for the updates.
I am actually curious if there will be any proper moderator/admin/etc. response to this officially within this thread considering the activity of the team in this thread? Despite the back and forth about everything, this has only been addressed by amperbee. It may be an idea worth thinking about if the community is splitting in half about the changes of 2.3, to potentially appease both crowds as they will be able to still play SRB2, so they won't be leaving the community or anything, and still have an accessible means to provide connectivity with other users of 2.2 outside of their friend group.

Theres nothing I can say to make you dislike him or at least understand why people do, thats fine. But know that the moderators and other community members are not obligated to 'grow thicker skin' and tolerate him. You don't get to decide how people should react to things (neither do I).
No no, it’s just the fact that I have literally 0 clue how anyone would find anything related to “community harassment” offending based on what bee showed. I’m not trying to control how anyone takes things but you would need very thin skin to feel offended this
Setting up a spam bot, transphobic or not, is harassment of the moderators and is completely bannable, notwithstanding the other stuff mentioned in this thread.
I agree with this, this is a perfectly ban able reason! But the problem is that it happened 2 years ago, trying to using something that happened 2 years ago to justify a ban now is pretty weird
Post automatically merged:

A snarky remark, unprompted, coming from the guy that is known for being obsessively rude, is rude.

It's not a matter of having a different material for skin, it's about not being an asshole for no reason in the first place.
No moderator worth their salt on any community is going to tolerate a disruptive member of the community taking potshots everytime they decide their opinion has to be heard. That's fucking annoying for everybody involved and for the moderators having to clean it up if applicable.
Im so sorry, I genuinely don’t understand how you find that comment offensive at all

It may be an idea worth thinking about if the community is splitting in half about the changes of 2.3
In fairness, this has happened with every major version of SRB2 thus far (except 2.2, the community was pretty dead at the time), so I don't think it's worth worrying about. The community is not and will not be splitting in half.

If things do happen to be different this time, then hosting an unofficial Master Server is always 100% possible. The game is open source, after all!

As for Sandwichface, he's a bigot and I don't think the community owes him any respect. I look quite suspect at anyone in this thread who tries to claim he's "not that bad" too.

I agree with this, this is a perfectly ban able reason! But the problem is that it happened 2 years ago, trying to using something that happened 2 years ago to justify a ban now is pretty weird
If Sandwichface had shown any sign of improving since then, then yes, I agree it would be a little peculiar. However, he really... hasn't? He's barely changed since then, I'd argue, if not gotten worse, in that case an "old" incident like that is properly citable as part of a ban's reason.

Welcome to the board.

I'd appreciate if you wouldn't be so rude to someone making minor spelling mistakes as a way to "one-up" them, as it isn't a valid point and it looks like you're just trying to get a leg up on them for no reason.
The typo correction was intended to be a simple correction, not as a zinger or something to support my reply.

Explicitly saying you don't understand them and hitting them with smug emotes is, to me, absolutely giving them attitude as well, please don't be the pot calling the kettle black in this situation.
1715744929683.png
That's not a smug emote. I intended to express concern.

I get what you mean though. I try to be assertive to avoid going in loops, but sometimes I go overboard. I'll watch myself :sadthumbsup:

If Sandwichface had shown any sign of improving since then, then yes, I agree it would be a little peculiar. However, he really... hasn't? He's barely changed since then, I'd argue, if not gotten worse, in that case an "old" incident like that is properly citable as part of a ban's reason.
Like I said before, his entire YouTube channel is proof that he’s changed as a person after that point

I was going to prompt an actual comment about this because I had tiring and horrible problems with the community. Because I just hate, how horrible and disrespectful this can go on.

What I'm talking about, is that when there is drama, there will be problems and issues coming from people who wanna explain and chat about. I know Sandwichface's behavior was horribly and suspiciously weird. But I can be thankful for the work and creativity the community tried to, it's kind of obvious that I went rough as well.

But, I still wanted to share my feelings and thoughts. I can't apologize anything because I can't remove my comments, at least take this as an "I will truly be thankful for the work this community has given." even though it's a problem in reality...

He also left a transphobic comment on one of my videos, so I will not be giving him the benefit of the doubt either.
Like I said before, his entire YouTube channel is proof that he’s changed as a person after that point
No it's not. See above.

I'm gonna be completely honest, I shouldn't have to watch a guy's Youtube videos to see if he doesn't suck nearly as bad anymore.

That doesn't mean I didn't, though.

I have tried to watch his more recent videos, and they're honestly way harder to watch than his older stuff because they're so... I don't really know a good word for this, antagonistic? Vitriolic? In any case, he may have decent points, but when those points are caked in so much unusual hate, it makes it way harder for me to jive with the person presenting them, and in turn, the points they make.

No it's not. See above.
okay so let me get this straight

because YOU don’t want to watch any of his video to see visual proof of him being a good person, I can’t use it as proof anymore? That’s like telling a looking a “do not enter” sign and saying “well I don’t want to read it, so it doesn’t count”

But the problem is that it happened 2 years ago, trying to using something that happened 2 years ago to justify a ban now is pretty weird
Something in particular that happened years ago can't be a ban reason - it happened way long ago. But it can be a supporting reason for your removal.
Think about it: If your whole two year history is about talking shit, and people get tired of you talking shit, if you keep talking shit then you're getting removed for talking shit for two years.

okay so let me get this straight

because YOU don’t want to watch any of his video to see visual proof of him being a good person, I can’t use it as proof anymore? That’s like telling a looking a “do not enter” sign and saying “well I don’t want to read it, so it doesn’t count”
Did you see what I put directly above the quote?

Did you see what I put directly above the quote?
uh why does it matter???
Something in particular that happened years ago can't be a ban reason - it happened way long ago. But it can be a supporting reason for your removal.
Think about it: If your whole two year history is about talking shit, and people get tired of you talking shit, if you keep talking shit then you're getting removed for talking shit for two years.
this is true however, it could have been a supporting reason for his ban instead

Welcome to the board.

----

I get what you mean though. I try to be assertive to avoid going in loops, but sometimes I go overboard. I'll watch myself :sadthumbsup:
Thanks for the welcome -- shame that it's within these confines, but what can you do. Pleasure to finally engage with the community.

I understand the want to be assertive but you definitely come off a bit sour in some of it; definitely just be mindful. Some people may not be as eloquent or as quick to catch on but that's just the nature of people, especially considering this place is open to age 13 at the lowest. All good otherwise, though. :wonderful:

He also left a transphobic comment on one of my videos, so I will not be giving him the benefit of the doubt either.
Oh, that blows. What video was it, if I may ask; if not the comment itself? I'm somewhat familiar with his content, I had no idea about this.

Oh, that blows. What video was it, if I may ask; if not the comment itself? I'm somewhat familiar with his content, I had no idea about this.
My video on Transflower Zone. Back when it was unlisted (although links were available in the OS), he posted a disapproving comment on it. He has been blocked from my channel ever since.

My video on Transflower Zone. Back when it was unlisted (although links were available in the OS), he posted a disapproving comment on it. He has been blocked from my channel ever since.
If I were to say something negative, I would've said something stupid, and promptly the dumbest and suspicious thing. Hopefully, he can learn from the past.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back