Forum Banning Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Topics are locked for stupidity. One can not just ban a user who spams a topic. In general, if it's a topic that even one user spams, it is likely that it will be spammed by another user. Likewise, topics that are stupid/redundant/serve no purpose are generally locked as well. Chances are, if it's locked, it's not a good topic to begin with.

2) Bans are done via usernames when first applied. If one does not evade the ban, one may still view the boards as often as desired. However, if one evades the ban, then an IP ban is instated. Someone who is banned and can not view the boards is in such a predicament because he or she evaded his or her ban. Banned users' avatars are removed, I believe, also.

Mystic said:
We do ban flamers. However, the system we have in place is slow to give people time to actually respond to warnings.

If you're referencing Timberwolf, he has been banned for flaming already.
Thank you, this answers a lot. I was just getting worried. In all the places I've been to, the best are those that never have new people. However, getting new people is a good thing. They're just hard to control at first. But now that I know that they are still being controlled, I'm over this. :)

EDIT: And to make sure that I'm not stereotyping, not all new people are noobish. By new people, I mean those that aren't completely familiar with the rules. Generally, forum vets tend to not cause problems.

Chaos said:
I thought guests can't have them. Light Dasher has one. >_>
Light Dasher's old account was delete by the same thing as Bigboi's was, turning him and his posts into a guest. He made a new account, so all his new posts are by his new account, but his old ones are "guested".

SRB2 forums doesn't support guests, the only way guest posts can be made is if they were made by an account that was then deleted afterwards.

Yeah, but LightDasher is not banned or suspended anymore.

I was banned for something that wasn't my fault, then I got unbanned and still didn't get my avatar back...... or maybe it was something else I did? I didn't do anything bad here at these forums or anywhere else. Meh, I dunno.

EDIT: Darnit, I'll Begin beat me to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back