For some strange reason....

Status
Not open for further replies.

hirohero

I don't know if this forum is still active or not,but when i play srb2,my keyboard doesn't work.at all.can anyone help me?thanks.

...Is it plugged in? *shot*

If its a wireless keyboard then the battery has probably ran out, i dunno.

Have you messed around with any of the drivers for it?

If so, what OS do you use?

and I wasnt messing around with it,i just havent played srb2 in a long time,and i say it got updated,so i downloaded 1.09.2 and the keyboard doesnt work on it.I press enter to skip the opening and it doesnt work,and when i finally get to the menu,i cant go up/down.

An OS is the Operating System, like windows XP and 98, and IMAC, Without one the computer would get to the POST screen, finish the POST and stop.

So do i, home edition SP2 to be exact.

It can't be the drivers your typing. x.x

Ok, try restarting the computer and then trying, or maybe your controls are setup differnetly than usual.

You are trying to use the right controls, right? Or, can you not even move forward and turn?

I meant, can he only move around, like, not jump and spin. In that case, he's probably using the wrong buttons.

I think your pressing the wrong buttons too robo. (example: the 'post reply' button *shot*)

As mystic said, if any 'System shortcuts' work (Alt+F4, Alt+tab, ctrl+alt+del, ect.) Then:

A) Magically, the controls crapped up and wont work for some reason...
B) Your computer isn't compatable with srb2 for some reason.
C) You have a virus.
D) The program may need to be set for 'compatability mode' for 98. I don't know how exactly It'd be running in this case though...
E) God hates you
F) Your computer is ...unusual and should be looked at.

If A or B are true, delete srb2 and any backup srb2 stuff you have on your computer (the installer, a back up save data you made for no reason, ect.) and re-download srb2. If it still doesn't work... talk to the creators.

If system shortcuts do NOT work:

See B through F

Guys, if he's typing this, it obviously means it's nothing to do with the keyboard, it's a problem with his SRB2 settings.

Lostgame said:
Guys, if he's typing this, it obviously means it's nothing to do with the keyboard, it's a problem with his SRB2 settings.

...Things people have suggested as help or pointed out as posable problems have currently been intwined with srb2, not the keyboard itself.
At one time I remember playing a game and none of the controls worked, i hade to manually shut down(cpu button)...

Some programs will work with some keyboards and some won't. As well as the 'vice-versa' to both :P.

Maybe you set SRB2's CPU priority to Realtime or Highest by accident. Most games get laggy input once you increase their priority above Normal. Also, other processes won't be able to run very well while you are giving more CPU power to the one program.

Speaking of keyboards in SRB2, I really wanna see compatibility with keyboard maps other than US. I'm tired of having to press \ for the console, - for \, ' for -, ç for ', etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back