• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Flash-drawn wads a.k.a. NG wads (cancelled)

Do you want a next gen sonic wad?

• Hell no!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • wtf r u talking about?

• no

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quitting...

Turbohog said:
gots some bad new i do, I can't find time to work on this so, I unfortuately gotta quit...

... I'm sure you did all you could for the wad before you quit. I hope what ever is consuming your time goes well.

The progress on the wad has gone from extremely fast to kinda slow....I've hardly received any good updates lately.

This does NOT mean the project is dead. Its active, and even though there are few slowdowns, they have their reasons. The teammembers are starting to work on long-time big important things of the project. (aside from the character) It seems like there's a extremely huge update slowly coming to the Sonic next gen wad. And to tell the truth, I'm already getting kinda nervous for it to come.

Slow progress

I expect it is going slower because people were exited when it 1st came but now their bored with it. (I am not trying to be nasty and i don't mean this about everyone)

Blah.

Whatever.

Can you guyz...ah...speed it up some? I know life takes its toll, but geeze. A Snail Race could probably beat this >_>;;;

Released!

InuYasha said:
One of our team members should buy the game because its...RELEASED!
RELEASED! I thought i was coming out next week. And i still don't have enough money to get the x-box to play it on (plus i need to get the game aswell)!!! £115 off! well this wad had better be good!

Sykotic said:
Blah.

Whatever.

Can you guyz...ah...speed it up some? I know life takes its toll, but geeze. A Snail Race could probably beat this >_>;;;

Meh, go complain about SRB2 itself while you're at it.
If you can't wait for a quality mod, don't bother waiting at all.
We could release a peice of crap and then you would complain
about that. It will take time, because we want it to be good.
-KTHXBYE ^_^

Super mystic sonic said:
It seems like there's a extremely huge update slowly coming to the Sonic next gen wad. And to tell the truth, I'm already getting kinda nervous for it to come.

*Ahem* Big level update? Heh... If possible, I can get another fourth of the hevel done over the weekend, that is, If nothing is going on, on IRC and I happen to be Bored or something...

Sykotic said:
Blah.

Whatever.

As I sayed, we indeed didn't get lots of updates last time. But it seems everybody is working hard on the bigger things. Flame is going for finishing Kingdom Valley, Ghostplayer makes the first mach speed zone as perfect as he can, RgxSS is finishing sprites whenever he can, I'm trying my best to find new textures and music, while CrimsongodX just finished the boxes and maybe new life icon.

[DBZ-talk]*"previous-time-in-DBZ" music plays* We're looking at a really big kamehameha blast coming this way. Once it hits the Sonic-nextgen wad....[/DBZ-talk]
Why the hell am I using DBZ? I don't even like it.

InuYasha said:
One of our team members should buy the game because its...RELEASED!

I have it. :mrgreen:

The wierd thing is, I have Next-Gen but I don't have a 360...
I'll eventually get it by my birthday.. :roll:

Also, my friend brought over his 360 and I finally got to play it.
Lemme give a little review of what I did so far....

Note: I only played the game for only 2 hours, so I didn't get very far....

***Spoiler Warning***

1. Game starts with the festival (like in the trailer)
2. Eggman trys to take the blue emerald fome Elise, but she doesn't give it to him.
3. Sonic comes rescue her and destroys most of the robots and runs away... (in the trailer)
4. Silver says, I finally found it the Iblis trigger.... (same voice clip, but diffrent scene.)
5. Elise gets captured by Eggman, right after sonic saved her and Eggman says "For now Sonic, I'll let you keep the chaos emerald, I'll just get it later.." (something like that, I don't remember) Eggman then leaves in the NEW Egg Carrier. Yes, its the Egg Carrier.
6. After that scene, your sent to a town stage (Soleanna), where you meet Tails and Sonic says once again, "Yo Tails, long time no see!"
7. After meeting up, your supposed to find some old guy to test out his new sneakers by doing a minigame by jumping through hoops. After you complete this town mission, he gives you his sneakers and you earn money when the mission is over to buy the "light dash chip" to advance to the first level by light dashing to a cave.
8. First Level, "Wave Ocean" not Kingdom Valley. This level includes, regular gameplay, a small segment to play as Tails when sonic is stuck on the whale, and the first Mach speed area. (It was hard the first time, its also kinda like Secret of the rings, but without the Wii remote.)

(I really don't remember much after this point but I will try...)

9. You return to a Town Stage then you either play that Dessert level (which you carry elise) or fight that Mechanical Wolf Boss (this boss is super easy) I don't rember the order...
10. After the dessert level, A cut scene with SOnic and Elise talking, happens..
11. This is it, the 2nd Boss, Silver. Silver says, "Your the Iblis Trigger! You will codemn us all!" (Silver will deffinettly remind you of Future Trunks from DBZ due to similar situations and voice.) This boss was hard at first, Silver will definetly own you the first time you play him. To defeat him, do not face him head on, wait for him to throw objects at you and homing attack him quickly, then run again.... repeat this plan. Silver cheats when he throws you in the air, when you fall back down from being thrown, before you touch the ground he grabs you again for the 2-hit automatic kill. After you eventually beat this boss, Sonic checks on Silver who is on the ground and asks, "Are you ok?" Silver then sneaks attack Sonic and throws him into the building and says "Hmm, your not what I expected, no matter you are the trigger so I must defeat you" (again, not exactly what he said, because I don't remember) Amy comes from somewhere and protects sonic in the same stance as she protected Gamma, and says "stay away from Sonic, Silver". Silver replied, this doesn't concern you Amy, get outta the way! Amy says, Get outta here Sonic, I'll take care of him." Sonic leaves and thanks Amy.
12. After the Silver boss, Sonic has to play another town mission by finding the true general in order to get pass the gate. When you play the minigame, go straight to the general (who is the guy in front of the water fountain) and tell him yes, He will ask you to talk to the true general now. Now, speak to him again. He was the true general after all, and says he wanted to trick you and blah blah.
13. Tails calls you, and says to me up with Knuckles at the warehouse. Remember the gate you just opened? Go pass the gate to the next town area and look for the warehouse. When your at the warehouse, jump over the gate to play another town mission by destroying all the robots within a time limit. After this mission is over, you meet up with Knuckles who gives Sonic a holographic message fom Dr. Eggman. "If you want Elise, come bring me your Chaos Emerald Sonic." Tails replies Eggman will probably not keep his word. Sonic then says, No Matter what, I'm still going. (this part was kinda funny because when sonic threw the letter back to Knux, Knux missed the letter and couldn't catch it....)
14. There is a laser gate i the new town area, go to it then play another, beat the robots within the time limit minigame. Onvce this minihgame is over, you advance to the next level.
15. The next Level is the Snow level that resembles Ice Cap from sonic adventure. On this level you play on thesnowboard and dodge robots and snowballs. (I never got to finish this level aand that was the last Thing I played on Next-Gen, for Sonic's story anyways..)

I'll post more stuff later...

It uses the second boredom frame, and disables acessing them when you stand still.

Put simply, PLAYAB is no longer in use, and PLAYAC is the new grinding frame.

Ok, I would like to address some of the people who are requesting to be a part of NextGen Team. RGX and I, have been getting alot of requests on joing or being a part of NextGen Team. I was even asked once, "How do I join the NextGen club?" My reponse to that is, NextGen Team is not some kind of club. Please don't ask about being on NextGen Team if you can't do anything that could possibly help it. Some people have said, I can wad, sprite, soc, or script, but I'm sure I can do something for the project. I'm sorry, but we don't need cheerleaders on the project just so you can see your name in the credits. If you know you cannot make a contribution to the project, please don't even ask about it. On the other hand, if you have talent and can accomplish something to help out the project, you are more than welcome to inquire. Please contact RGX directly about what you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back