• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Flash-drawn wads a.k.a. NG wads (cancelled)

Do you want a next gen sonic wad?

• Hell no!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • wtf r u talking about?

• no

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
sonicfreak94 said:
The legs need Darker Shading. It would look better

Funny you should mention that...
This is an example of the first version of the robot.
I edited it a bit to make it look better. (So, I thought.)

Here is a comparison.

camo man said:
RgxSuperSonic said:
The only thing is, we need someone to some them so they can shoot.
I think socers can do that, is there a socer on the team?

I am the SOCcer, even though RgxSS has no knowledge of that. I'm doing this:

Wadding
Music
SOCcing/scripting
secondary spriting
White dots of doom removing
textures
project support

I'm the guy of the team who adds all those small things to make bring the real Sonic next atmosphere to the wad, or just add those small details.

Morph said:
Ah! That was the point!

Well... I don't know that much about soccing like
THE ALLMIGHTY
DRAYKON
does, but to make enemies shoot is not that hard. I already did it in my levelpack wad. You know... These grey guys with a red jewel on their forehead.

Hmm, it's funny. A long time ago that was my nickname to establish a difference between myself and my character.

Anyways, a simple A_FireShot is all you need. Although you might wanna play with var2 to allign it more to the guns.

I touched up the sprite and made the behind view!

Also, it seems the wings were made incorrectly, but that can be fixed later...

The wings can still be attached to the robot's back. All you have to do is make the robot peices go down to the back...right?

Well i think me and camo man are the only ones who have a full rotation and me the only one who wadded it :P

RgxSuperSonic said:
I touched up the sprite and made the behind view!

Also, it seems the wings were made incorrectly, but that can be fixed later...

Great editing RGX!
This looks great!
I think it's really coming along now. :mrgreen:

I wanted to finish the rest of the robot, but I got lazy, besides I'm about to leave to reserve my copy of Next-Gen. If you want to use this as a guideline or finish it, then your allowed to.

Super mystic sonic said:
Now we're talking about the robot anyway....Sonic seems to be bigger as the robot.

I assume you meant Sonic is bigger than the robot.
In response to that, I originally made the robot using the original
Sonic as a template for size. I made sure that the robot would be
slightly taller than Sonic. However, I completely forgot to take into consideration
the larger size of the NextGen Sonic sprite.
Besides, I just got a copy of the beta. :eek:

RgxSuperSonic said:
I wanted to finish the rest of the robot, but I got lazy, besides I'm about to leave to reserve my copy of Next-Gen. If you want to use this as a guideline or finish it, then your allowed to.

I just reserved Next-Gen for 360 at EB Games! I also recieve a sonic fugurine with the pre-order! ^_^

Well, some bad news though, it seems the Day/Night soc is causing alot of bugs and problems, unless it can be fixed in time for the beta, it will not be included.

Super mystic sonic said:
Really? I've not detected any level bugs caused by the day-night system.

When you either jump, spindash or get hurt, sonic grows twice his size!
Also, during the game the camera will sometimes gets messed up.
When your supersonic or in objectplace mode, the gravity gets all messed up and sometimes you even go through walls.... >_<

Erm, I think I know what's causing all those problems. Day-to-Night has nothing to do with it. The problems are the anti-springfall sigsegv SOC, and likely the nodesbuilder Flame uses.

Draykon said:
Erm, I think I know what's causing all those problems. Day-to-Night has nothing to do with it. The problems are the anti-springfall sigsegv SOC, and likely the nodesbuilder Flame uses.

Hmm.. Think you can fix it? If you can, ill send you the latest beta.

The best solution to fix the anti-springfall sigsegv SOC, is to make it so you don't need it. That's relatively easy to fix.

As for the nodesbuilder part, I can never get Zennode to work, so you're on your own with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back