Epic Mickey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope no one minds me bumping this up, but I couldn't let this video go unnoticed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-MnhFSHTxU

That there's the intro video IGN just released, and it looks absolutely brilliant by my standards. It does show even more the darker theme I was expecting to become more and more apparent as the game comes closer to release, but the quality in both the scripting and animation is excellent with me.

But remember Autosaver, that's just a cutscene-sort of thing. Not ingame graphics. Although, it is pretty impressive. Mickey's voice sounds almost exactly like the original.

Well Well Well... Seems that cool Blot v.s. Mickey clip that I thought was at the end of the game is actually in the introduction scene. That means he does get worse as the game progresses, give or take that we haven't seen the worst this game has to offer.

Consider this a day one buy.

And where did all the ¨gory¨ concept art go?

Seems like America (continent) will never get a violent sequel of a game (DAMN YOU ALTERED BEAST AND APE ESCAPE!)

And where did all the ¨gory¨ concept art go?

Seems like America (continent) will never get a violent sequel of a game (DAMN YOU ALTERED BEAST AND APE ESCAPE!)

Didn't Greg post about that earlier? I'm pretty sure Disney made it more family friendly. Greg even posted about cut material. Something about Mickeys good/bad meter.

Didn't Greg post about that earlier? I'm pretty sure Disney made it more family friendly. Greg even posted about cut material. Something about Mickeys good/bad meter.

Yes, except the karma meter wasn't posted by I, but rather Bobinator.

I don't mind however, because this game is really shaping up to be something great. However, if we end up getting horrific landscapes and twisted beasts from the concept art, then that will be even better.

Greatest thing I've seen in my life. My whole entire life.

I really hope you have a child or something to that effect some day so that you can look back at this and feel as bad for yourself as I do.

Anyway, I'm with Sonnakru or whatever on this one. It doesn't really seem like what it could have been. Don't get me wrong, the fact that Warren Spector's behind it alone keeps this on my radar, but it's kind of disappointing.

"Let me start by saying, I have never, and I will never, make a design change as a result of a focus test. It has not happened at any point in my 27 years, and it will not happen. I will quit if that happens -- if you ever catch me doing that, that will be last thing I ever do in the games business, okay?

What I have done, is about three years ago when we first started thinking about this, we did over a thousand versions of Mickey -- I'm assuming this is where this started. So we did a focus test because I had a thousand different looks for the character, and people just said, 'don't mess with Mickey.' When you make a game, you make this creative box, and you try to figure out what fits in the box. You can do anything with Mickey Mouse or any character. So I said, 'let's test the extremes,' and there were things that were too radical. Game fans, Mickey fans, they didn't want to go that far.

So three years ago, I said, 'Alright, that's too radical; we're not going to go that far with Mickey.' And I think I mentioned that at E3, and someone assumed that that happened this past Christmas. And so, 'Warren Spector got rid of the Scrapper because of a focus test!' And it's not true. The idea of the Scrapper Mickey went away because I didn't like it. There was no focus test. If there were any focus tests done last fall, no one ever told me they were happening or gave me any data about it." - Warren Spector

Spector sounds pretty heated on this issue. I always thought that focus-testing and Disney prodding lead to the removal of the Scrapper Mickey design, but I guess that's not the case. That's not all that Spector had to say on the topic, either. You can check out his full response here.
http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=133873

News for any die hard Epic Mickey fans.

And now I'm... relieved somewhat. He is thinking on what fits here. I'm liking that. EXCEPT... What was wrong with the Scrapper? I'm curious.

phantom_art.jpg

The game's due for November 30th release.

Go to this Youtube channel for the most recent trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/user/disneyepicmickey?v=CUzEkepSQqg&feature=pyv&ad=6780800271&kw=mickey

This game still has me on the edge of my seat. Anyone else determined to get this as soon as possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back