Epic Mickey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously? Did I just read this? Especially after seeing a Beetleworx made from Hades' face, the Lilo and Stitch canons, and the Roger Rabbit Taxi car? No, they are going to fit in modern Disney history in here, but the chances of it being the actual characters is least likely.
That's basically what I just said.

I just checked back on this topic, and the game looks gorgeous. I would love to know when it's coming out... has it already been announced?

I just recently read about this in the newest issue of Game Informer. And I gotta say, for a Mickey game this looks sweet.

I remember playing the Mickey's Magical Mirror game for Gamecube, and that was slow and boring as hell.

Insert overused image here
Seriously? Did I just read this? Especially after seeing a Beetleworx made from Hades' face, the Lilo and Stitch canons, and the Roger Rabbit Taxi car? No, they are going to fit in modern Disney history in here, but the chances of it being the actual characters is least likely.
I actually got confused, with it borrowing mickeys DESIGN thats from the classic.
God... >_>

God... >_>

omg why dont peeple leaf me alon i dont get it

I remember playing the Mickey's Magical Mirror game for Gamecube, and that was slow and boring as hell.
I remember playing it at my local McDonald's (The playplace had that and Super Mario Sunshine, before kids eventually destroyed the controllers) I know what you mean.

I wonder if we'll be seeing characters from the other Disney movies, as we usually do, and not as a head attached to a machine or something like that.

Where'd you see that?

Anyway Toy Story is kinda owned by Pixar too. So chances are, no.

Yes, but Disney bought Pixar back in 2006. They're pretty much able to do whatever they want with the PIXAR material.

Scan4.jpg

That answers your question.

Ok, that image is freaking me out!

omg why dont peeple leaf me alon i dont get it
People do "leaf" you alone Jelly! :p

I am predicting this will sell 4 mil alone on the hype and the title. :P

Last edited:
Ok, that image is freaking me out!

I am predicting this will sell 4 mil alone on the hype and the title. :P

Which image?

Bah! I'm getting it for pure Disney nostalgia and Tim Burton inspired aesthetics. The title does stand out though. And I do you hope your prediction about selling 4 mil is right.

Last edited:
Anyone who liked the concept art may no longer like the game. I knew it was going to be some adorable game in the end.

You have to realize that's only a tiny portion of the game, right?

Also, look at the other stuff before basing an opinion off of a single screenshot that looks "adorable".

Uhh, "adorable game"? Autosaver, go play a game like Psychonauts. Hopefully that'll change your mind.

The Mickey Model looks like it needs more polish.

Completely intentional. It's old-timey Mickey. Is there anything inherently wrong with going retro?

Uhh, "adorable game"? Autosaver, go play a game like Psychonauts. Hopefully that'll change your mind.

Completely intentional. It's old-timey Mickey. Is there anything inherently wrong with going retro?

Not what I meant, you can still go retro with it looking good.
Also... wtf is physchonauts and why should I play it? O_o

To me, this game only has one thing in it for me, and that's Mr. Spector. I really hope there will be something deep within this cartoon coating. Granted, it's no independent do-all opportunity Looking Glass has always had in his new studio... but then again it's one of the only ways to make money these days with known licenses and marketing on his side, an opportunity Spector never had before. (Except with Ultima Underworld)

I don´t think so. It does look like a game for young kids, I wonder what Greg the Cat would say about it, since basically he´s kept this topic alive.
I honestly love this. This is building off of classic Disney which, while was for kids, was epic. And to see the screens I am seeing now I am impressed. None of the concept art's creepiness is there, but that's probably for the best.

Most interesting bit of info (which I was the first to predict) was that the game would get a lot darker and twisted than what we're seeing here. That made my day right there. I eagerly anticipate more info and the game Fall 2010.

Autosaver:

I am disappointed. I honestly am. You're not aware of the genius Tim Schafer game, Psychonauts? Get off of Sonic Unleashed and play a real excellent game.

http://www.psychonauts.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back