• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Eggmanway 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
You so fail.. no wait.. phail.. yes... That's the right way to spell it..

Phail.. You Phail you stupid Phailure...

Hurry up and release it os you quit nagging me to test crap when I'm not at the computer so I miss out.

And like 1337, it will be absolutely stupid in about, 15 minutes, when everyone figured out it wasn't funny in the first place.

Stay on topic, please.

NICE, mystic commented on an offtopic thing, then said to stay ontopic, ironic... in some way. ANYWHO,iv'e fully bugfixed all levels.... added 'tolkens'.... now... perhaps to add a few secrets...

Hmmm... I find this all quite intriging Shadow, from what I've read of this topic... And I'm not talking about the wad. I'm sure that is a very insteresting concept merely from having a custom boss and the sonic heroes engine, certainly oddities among all of the wads made around here, but I myself haven't bothered to download any of the movies.

What I find intriging is the entire motivation thus far of this topic. I take it in the past you created something a while back and recieved negative feedback, which happens someimes. And so then you started to work on/were working on this wad and say that you pretty much finished it quite a while ago.

If this is so, then you obviously put much time and effort into this wad. That being said, you also want everyone else to see it as well, which can be inferred from the work you put into it and the very creation of this topic, in which your purpose is to ask people if they like something of yours beforehand so that you can release it withhold it if there seems like people would criticize you. That is what I find insteresting. You want people to play this wad of yours, as you are obviously proud of it. Yet you were willing to not release it if people thought that they might not like the wad before they even played it.

Are you really that afraid of criticism that you would have let the words of people based on somewhat low-quality videos of something that cannot be judged except through actually experiencing it convince you not to display the wad when you seem to have worked very hard on it? If so, then why even go to all the trouble in the first place? I can see that you continually comment about every day that goes by without a reply to this topic. Are you also afraid that the lack of constant praise means that people suddenly dislike your wad?

I find you a very confusing person Shadow and I hope that you'll be able to adjust to the criticism people give you in the future. After all, they're only words and without criticism it is very unlikely for a person to do something right on their own without it to help them grow. I recieve daily criticism for what I think and I'm no worse off.

Like I said, I haven't bothered to watch any of the movie clips. If I give you my opinion on this wad, you can count on it being soley from the wad itself when you release it. I wish you good luck.

Metal Sonic MRK II said:
Hmmm... I find this all quite intriging Shadow, from what I've read of this topic... And I'm not talking about the wad. I'm sure that is a very insteresting concept merely from having a custom boss and the sonic heroes engine, certainly oddities among all of the wads made around here, but I myself haven't bothered to download any of the movies.

What I find intriging is the entire motivation thus far of this topic. I take it in the past you created something a while back and recieved negative feedback, which happens someimes. And so then you started to work on/were working on this wad and say that you pretty much finished it quite a while ago.

If this is so, then you obviously put much time and effort into this wad. That being said, you also want everyone else to see it as well, which can be inferred from the work you put into it and the very creation of this topic, in which your purpose is to ask people if they like something of yours beforehand so that you can release it withhold it if there seems like people would criticize you. That is what I find insteresting. You want people to play this wad of yours, as you are obviously proud of it. Yet you were willing to not release it if people thought that they might not like the wad before they even played it.

Are you really that afraid of criticism that you would have let the words of people based on somewhat low-quality videos of something that cannot be judged except through actually experiencing it convince you not to display the wad when you seem to have worked very hard on it? If so, then why even go to all the trouble in the first place? I can see that you continually comment about every day that goes by without a reply to this topic. Are you also afraid that the lack of constant praise means that people suddenly dislike your wad?

I find you a very confusing person Shadow and I hope that you'll be able to adjust to the criticism people give you in the future. After all, they're only words and without criticism it is very unlikely for a person to do something right on their own without it to help them grow. I recieve daily criticism for what I think and I'm no worse off.

Like I said, I haven't bothered to watch any of the movie clips. If I give you my opinion on this wad, you can count on it being soley from the wad itself when you release it. I wish you good luck.

The Wad WAS released already but only to a small handful of people who Shadow deemed "Respectible" to have it...
I stole it off one of these people way back when....
I would just like to say to you that this is one of the most ambisous projects I've seen outside of MR4 and SRB2JTE that actually GOT somewhere...
I'm actually hoping for a revamp of all teh old ones (Especially EMW4, all the others I've never actually played) and a release of EMW6...
Yes I tend to ask for a lot but these Mods are some of the creme of the crop here...
And to be honest, we don't have a lot of things to play since 1.09 came out and this will hopfully fill the void....

And I can assure all of you who download it that it WILL have a fast transfer speed....
If not you can all kill me... again...

*kills*

Anyway, I have a question about the name. Where did it come from? It just seems so... awkward... no offense. You think you might be able to convert all the other EMWs so that they work with 1.09, so I can get an understanding basis of where this came from?

funny, i'm still converting emw5 to 1.09, THATS how complex it was.Eggmanway5 was released to a few 'special' people sometime i cannot remember in 1.08.Right now i'm making the levels waaaaaay more detailed, adding secrets, the whole shiot. The special stages are some of the old ones, before 1.08.They're pretty dang hard to do, but if you wanna fight SuperMetal, you REALLY should get all the emeralds to not have your arse handed to you.

Now i know i want opinions just on vids, but thats how sketchy i am now.
This wad/mod has been worked on for a total of 3 years.It's my best, even better then eggmanway6's preview now.

As for the Eggmanway question.The name came to me 5 years ago when the first was made. I haven't changed its name since i find it classic. Eggmanway0, actually made after eggmanway5, is entitled ShadowTheHedgehog to some.So,yeah... but once you think of it... the first eggmanway... long halls of doom filled with tons of eggman clones.
It sorta fits.*shrug*

While i'm being bored... i'll give some more info on Eggmanway5.
This is mostly for advanced Srb2ers.Even then you could have your arse handed to you a bit.
Blue crawlas run 22mph.
Red crawlas run as fast as your power form, maybe a little slower.
Goombas(classic emw enemy) run a little faster then blue crawlas
BlueGoombas(again) are the fastest basic enemy, that run 30 mph.
MetalSonic is faster then your speed form by 1 or 2, depending on how it lunges at you.He's has quite the deal of hp, but nothing irritating.
EggSlimer has more hp... thats about it...
Ulti Slimer has the same amount of hp, its just alot of eggslimers merged.
They go crazy, strafing, teleporting, whatever.

thats all i'll say for now

Shadow said:
funny, i'm still converting emw5 to 1.09, THATS how complex it was.Eggmanway5 was released to a few 'special' people sometime i cannot remember in 1.08.Right now i'm making the levels waaaaaay more detailed, adding secrets, the whole shiot. The special stages are some of the old ones, before 1.08.They're pretty dang hard to do, but if you wanna fight SuperMetal, you REALLY should get all the emeralds to not have your arse handed to you.

Now i know i want opinions just on vids, but thats how sketchy i am now.
This wad/mod has been worked on for a total of 3 years.It's my best, even better then eggmanway6's preview now.

As for the Eggmanway question.The name came to me 5 years ago when the first was made. I haven't changed its name since i find it classic. Eggmanway0, actually made after eggmanway5, is entitled ShadowTheHedgehog to some.So,yeah... but once you think of it... the first eggmanway... long halls of doom filled with tons of eggman clones.
It sorta fits.*shrug*

While i'm being bored... i'll give some more info on Eggmanway5.
This is mostly for advanced Srb2ers.Even then you could have your arse handed to you a bit.
Blue crawlas run 22mph.
Red crawlas run as fast as your power form, maybe a little slower.
Goombas(classic emw enemy) run a little faster then blue crawlas
BlueGoombas(again) are the fastest basic enemy, that run 30 mph.
MetalSonic is faster then your speed form by 1 or 2, depending on how it lunges at you.He's has quite the deal of hp, but nothing irritating.
EggSlimer has more hp... thats about it...
Ulti Slimer has the same amount of hp, its just alot of eggslimers merged.
They go crazy, strafing, teleporting, whatever.

thats all i'll say for now

How far are you from release?
Like you originally had planned to have it out tomarrow but a certain movie came out (Which I have seen already :P)
How much is left to do?

For all you SRB2 veterans, this is a must-have when it is released. It is fairly difficult. The system it adds will also need some getting-used-to, but this is undoubtedly a mod that deserves a spot on me Hard Drive.

I still play it every now and then. It has some very nice levels and awesome plotting. And that was only in the old one. Now for the updated one...

Bah. I never really cared much for Eggmanway or Mystic Realm or anything ... Shadow could probably tell by the amount of begging it'd take to get me to play, even in things like RP City, and Shadow dun beg very often, you know. :P Which means the only times I really played was when he couldn't put up with all the IDIOTS who wouldn't listen when he told them to do stuff. Sadly, when I got my laptop, I lost my ability to host and my internet connection went splat on the floor, I was slower then DSL (Yet still faster then dial-up, yay!) due to having a standard wireless router. Now I have a high-end wireless router and I could play, but I can't REMEMBER the last time Shadow even bothered asking me to play with him, now that he has a large fanbase and whatnot. ^_^ Which is kinda good for him, I guess.

Meh, I'm all work and no play. :( Back to SRB2JTE with me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back