DUDE, It's the best idea since underwear!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's already a PSP port, but no, there will not be a ds port.
You should read the sticky about srb2 ports.

Last edited:
Yuyoko, he's talking about SRB1, not SRB2. We talked about SRB1 ports on irc at some point, but I don't remember anything about the conversation other than that >_>

A DSI port of SRB2 is achievable. (I assume you're talking about the SRB1 remake)

But somehow, I doubt a 12MB or so heap will be able to load many levels at all, in fact, I doubt you'll get beyond the title screen.

I don't really see how it's the "best idea since underwear", though. Sure, it could probably work, given that SRB1 isn't exactly a processor's nightmare, but SRB1 is really only worth playing for nostalgia purposes. I can't see the point of porting it.

I don't know how well TGF games work on PSP or the DS anyway. You might have to rewrite it so it works on the PSP. Honestly that isn't worth the amount of effort to port such a thing.

I think I'll put my input in this topic.

I think some of you are just trying to get these on the handhelds, why not do it on something that could process it a lot better, like say, the Xbox 360, or PS3, heck even the Wii might work.

I don't really see how it's the "best idea since underwear", though. Sure, it could probably work, given that SRB1 isn't exactly a processor's nightmare, but SRB1 is really only worth playing for nostalgia purposes. I can't see the point of porting it.

I knew someone would say that...

I think some of you are just trying to get these on the handhelds, why not do it on something that could process it a lot better, like say, the Xbox 360, or PS3, heck even the Wii might work.
I cannot pick up my Wii and go around playing SRB1 on a bus, for instance. Of course, there are laptops if you wanted to play SRB1 while away from home, but that doesn't change the fact that a port to a handheld would be much more useful than a port to a home console.

TGF/KnP has no way of compiling anything other than a Win32 EXE, so no, it's not happening.

Ever.

That "best idea since underwear" thing came from this flash video.

That's an awful lot of trouble to go to to port a game that completely sucks by our standards and possesses only nostalgia value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back