Dreamcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a DC. Shortly after receiving my preorder copy of SA2, a few friends came over, and one fell into a temper tantrum, pulling the controller out of the socket and knocking the dreamcast off the shelf... nearly cracking the laser disc reader. Me and my bro did a few hacks on the laser (We didn't know much at the time, surprisingly) and eventually, we hacked it without knowing that it could run homebrew now! The laser never really got fixed however, until recently when my cousins came over. My bro has some recorded stats of what each screw does what in his head, just in case it breaks down again. And, here it now, sitting on the floor under my TV desk ready to be turned on with a burn of every DooM game on one disc (sadly, no music :().

Well, then the guy down at my local EBGames is a dirty, lying rat bastard, for he claims that EBGames stopped selling Dreamcast stuff years ago, used games included. Bleh.

muffins.jpg
> Halo 2

Omega the Hedgehog said:
Well, then the guy down at my local EBGames is a dirty, lying rat bastard, for he claims that EBGames stopped selling Dreamcast stuff years ago, used games included. Bleh.
It depends where it is. Some of them do and some of them don't. I picked up Mischief Makers for the N64 about a week ago at our local EB, however, I've seen some that don't even carry Dreamcast stuff, never mind the N64.

I haven't played that in a long time. That had the girl with green hair, and used the D-pad instead of the analog stick, right?

Bigboi said:
I haven't played that in a long time. That had the girl with green hair, and used the D-pad instead of the analog stick, right?
Yeah. It's a 2-D platformer made by Treasure. Quite a piece of work.

furyhunter600 said:
I have a DC. Shortly after receiving my preorder copy of SA2, a few friends came over, and one fell into a temper tantrum, pulling the controller out of the socket and knocking the dreamcast off the shelf... nearly cracking the laser disc reader. Me and my bro did a few hacks on the laser (We didn't know much at the time, surprisingly) and eventually, we hacked it without knowing that it could run homebrew now! The laser never really got fixed however, until recently when my cousins came over. My bro has some recorded stats of what each screw does what in his head, just in case it breaks down again. And, here it now, sitting on the floor under my TV desk ready to be turned on with a burn of every DooM game on one disc (sadly, no music :().
I would've just shot your friend in the face and been done with it :E

Actually, everyone around here has N64 games, and pretty much always has. It's just anything before the PlayStation that is missing, or that's for a console that bore the name "Sega" on it. Hell, I think they might even still have some N-Gage crap lying around, somewhere.

So, if I want an old game, my best option is, by far, eBay. Seriously. The closest store I know that stocks anything PRIOR to the PS1 is several miles away, and I can't remember the exact path to get there. Everyone nearer doesn't sell anything old (although a fair amount of them empathize with me, saying they would if they could but company policy say's they can't so they shan't). Thus, eBay's what I'm left with.

I stack all of my consoles up in many piles and my dreamcast is on top of my xbox i got it on the day it was released and it is still amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back