Dreamcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did you think of it? A friend of mine and I were arguing over our greatly-differing opinions and views on the Dreamcast yesterday, and I was just curious as to what you guys thought of the Little White Box That Almost Could.

It may be old and is, um... rather dead around here (Though still recieving occasional new releases in Japan), but still, let me know what you think.

How many of you have DCs, anyway? If not, what the hell is wrong with you, they're like thirty bucks or something now. Just look on Amazon, you're missing out on some great stuff. 'specially with them Phantasy Stars and Quake 3s out there. The severs are still online, you know. It's really a lot better then Xbox Live, if, um... A little less populated. :E

I have a Dreamcast, and I must say, it's the best console ever made. Especially for it's time. It had memory cards with screens, a 56k modem built in, it could actually SURF the web as opposed to only playing games online.. A HUGE percentage of it's games at least had cool little downloads for their games if they didn't have full-on netplay support.

Yup, the Dreamcast is awesome, basically. My only gripe is WHY DID THEY PUT THE CORD ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE CONTROLLER?!

I have a DC, but it's fading fast and falling apart. The system just wasn't really all that well designed, in my opinion.

Also, the disk drive is incredibly loud, which is just stupid. Whenever a character talks or the game loads I hear grinding from next to my TV, which really disrupts the immersion of playing a video game to HEAR it loading.

That's not to say some of the games for it weren't great, but the system itself really isn't all that great.

I've had some of the best times ever playing Tony Hawk 1 & 2 on my DC.

Shuffle said:
Yup, the Dreamcast is awesome, basically. My only gripe is WHY DID THEY PUT THE CORD ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE CONTROLLER?!
I have a third party DC controller with the cord on the top. It looks freaking weird that way; the regular way looks so much better.

Also, the disk drive is incredibly loud, which is just stupid. Whenever a character talks or the game loads I hear grinding from next to my TV, which really disrupts the immersion of playing a video game to HEAR it loading.
Last-wave Dreamcasts were less noisy (Likewise with last-wave VMUs), so you could always get one of those if you think it's that horrible. Too bad I got mine on launch day. It's not really THAT loud, though... =/

*plays another game of Quake 3 Arena. Too bad I don't have a BB adaptor =P*

Omega the Hedgehog said:
What did you think of it? A friend of mine and I were arguing over our greatly-differing opinions and views on the Dreamcast yesterday, and I was just curious as to what you guys thought of the Little White Box That Almost Could.

It may be old and is, um... rather dead around here (Though still recieving occasional new releases in Japan), but still, let me know what you think.

How many of you have DCs, anyway? If not, what the hell is wrong with you, they're like thirty bucks or something now. Just look on Amazon, you're missing out on some great stuff. 'specially with them Phantasy Stars and Quake 3s out there. The severs are still online, you know. It's really a lot better then Xbox Live, if, um... A little less populated. :E

my Big Brother have one but...(thats baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddd) he have no sonic game for it!

My dc is sitting right next to my n64, under my ps2, across the room from my xbox, in front of my genesis and no where near my nes.

fox.dx2 said:
What's a VMU? I never owned a Dreamcast.
Visual memory unit... its for games like sonic adventure and you can raise your chao in that, its like a little gameboy, look it up on google

Chaos Zero 64 said:
My cousin had it years ago. I was gonna buy from him, but it was too late.
And I don't like shopping from the 'net.

I was about to buy a dremcast from a yard sale with SA and it was missing a cord... The next day, it was gone.

They sell at EB Games for about $20. The games there are really cheap, too.

I think my mom wouldn't let me buy it from that yard sale.

The people at the yard sale were selling video games there. The last people that moved from there threw away a playstation after they moved.
I was about to take it because my playstation stopped working.

Off-topic: I don't understand why people throw away perfectly working systems though.

I was about to just get Sonic Adventure from there.

Bigboi said:
They sell at EB Games for about $20. The games there are really cheap, too.
Clearly, you've never tried the EB Games here. :\

I have one. I haven't gotten a new game for it in since, like, I got Crazy Taxi, but I got a fair amount of titles well before that (and I didn't get Taxi at launch, just for Xmas one year, well after the console's demise), and I have dabbled quite a bit in homebrew. Beats of Rage FTW. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back