• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

DB Test Function

Status
Not open for further replies.

saph

I use the testing thing in DB often while editing DooM wads, and I was wondering if it's possible to set it up for SRB2. I got it as far as running SRB2, but I can't make it auto-load the wad. I tried "-file %F" and "-file test.wad", as well as "-addfile test.wad". Anyone know how I can make it automatically load the wad, and possibly load into the map I'm editing right away?

Simple. Use the netlauncher, and just click the RUN button after saving it.

But you need "%F" in quotes so that you can have wads with names with funky characters and spaces and such in them.

I havn't seen one WAD yet with spaces...

And, that's not the way that DB works. What DB does is it copies your wad to a file called tempmap.wad, then it adds that. Even if you have a WAD named something like "*#%!^$Cheese Rocks!*$^@><.wad", then DB would make a new file called tempmap.wad, so you don't have to put it in quotes.

-file "%F" -win -nosound -nomusic -nodigmusic -warp %M

Windowed loads much faster, and I like having WinAmp open while designing.

Also, Zash, keep in mind that unless you always save to the same file, you'll have to re-add the wad in the launcher everytime you save.

Yeah, I like Winamp too, thx for that music stuff. Except... my windowed mode is so tiny, I can't play like that. Unless there's a way to make the window bigger.

Well I would use OGL, but it keeps saying somethin' like "320x200 error not supported" or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back