• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Dash's World: Moving to releases/massive update

Status
Not open for further replies.
DashFox2007 said:
Any questions?

Only one:

WHERE DO YOU GET THE TIME TO DO THIS?!?

*shot for blatant randomness*

This is a really great mod, DashFox. I see great potential in this. :D[/u]

Hyper Shadic X said:
Game.data is srb2.srb re-named. Just read what Sonict said to help.

*Watches as mike messes up.* XD

I hate having WinRAR...I can't extract all of it at one time to where I want and need to....

Just select everything in the package and drag it to the folder. I realized how to do this the first time I got it. :P

It's a test wad. It show's random slopes. They don't have ANY collision yet,, but they look cool with his new texture set. ;)

I don't know how to say this but you deserve no credit. You basically using Chaos Zero 64, Shufflars and other peoples work and claming it as yours. Thats terrible.

He's giving credits to the people who did this, he's only one person for pet's sake, and he's coding some stuff himself. Oh, and another thing: It's REALLY Hard to port things from other mods, so he deserves credit for that too. His code base may be the same, but just adding "#adddefs" doesn't work. Also, he has PERMISSION from the people who already coded this, and he even does some code of his own. None of this is 100% exactly the same, and the title even said: "Dash's World: A mix of stuff" before he released it. And he's even making levels, which are huge and awesome. When they're done, I'm sure he'll release it. I know you didn't know about the levels part, but this is NOT a code-theft mod, Princess Solelias.He didn't even claim them as his own. He even fixed up OGL to have the flashing finally work.

I assure you, he is not claiming this as his own. Look in the "DOCS" zip and you'll see he gave credit to the people he was borrowing code from.

Princess Solelias said:
I don't know how to say this but you deserve no credit. You basically using Chaos Zero 64, Shufflars and other peoples work and claming it as yours. Thats terrible.

Your tempban is over? Damn. Just keep finding something you consider wrong here to insult Dash, that's not terrible.
Question: Have you played this exact mod somewhere else? In what other exe have you seen slopes?

Ice said:
In what other exe have you seen slopes?

Slopeswin.EXE. *shot* Only they had collision, his doesn't yet. He's trying to give them collision (I think), but as it says on the first post, it's going to be fixed soon.

And BTW Ice, you posted right after I did. XD

Actually, Ice. I know that most people in #srb2fun do agree with what he said. Yes, he has done a bad job with crediting people and such and there actually was an SRB2 mod that had slopes in it.

Once DashFox starts adding new and original stuff to it, then it will be better.

Princess Solelias said:

Did I ever say that every part of the code was mine? Did I not include a list of readmes on release?

Dash's World Src Readme said:
Much of the source code is comprised of random merges from the SVN version of SRB2JTE mixed with original additions by me. No stealing was intended as the authors, Shuffle and Jason The Echidna are credited for their source code.

And I took the time to make a feature list with a key of where the sources were from:
Feature List said:
Key:
Original: I coded this myself
SVN: An online system of files with SRB2 source code
Extension: This feature was someone else's, but I added to it
Reworked: Changed someone else code to do some thing different
Recoded: Took someone else's code and completely changed it
Addition: Some thing completely new, a feature you won't find anywhere else

With each feature listed by author and even what I changed to the feature

And I specifically said:

And it should be noted that this mod uses code from another project, which is the SVN srb2jte. If you read the source code, people are credited, but since most people won't read it, I just want to state that I used code from srb2jte and shufflerb2. Which means, I did not make all of the exe myself. If anyone thought I was trying to pass off other's work as my own, I'm updating the docs.zip and first page.

What I intended to do was take features from the public SVN and extend them.

Please read through the whole topic before you post.

I have a request, No dig sector. A sector effect that stops players with digging = 1 from digging. Could be useful for metal areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back