• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Dash's World: Moving to releases/massive update

Status
Not open for further replies.
New fog and colormap for OpenGL:

shot0042.png

What do you think?

shot0042mn5.png

So yeah, it's a combination of fog and colormap.

Also more changes already:

New MD2 Starpost:

shot0044yv0.png

Lights up when activated:

shot0045ne5.png

Sonic's also more texturey.

Note: I have no internet at home at the moment so the topic won't be updated for a while....

One more thing: Should I make a new topic for this?

Re: A New and Original Mod: Dash's World

DashFox2007 said:
LOTS OF PROGRESS!
shot0040db6.png

IT'S REAL!!!!!
Hahah, wow, I'm impressed. If you manage to get the collision working correctly, you'll be a god.

DashFox2007 said:
shot0040db6.png

IT'S REAL!!!!!

Phfft, i doubt that, if slopes exist in srb2, then im actually a clone bent on
world domination.

Speedylizzard14 said:
DashFox2007 said:
IT'S REAL!!!!!

Phfft, i doubt that, if slopes exist in srb2, then im actually a clone bent on
world domination.
It's not from SRB2 itself, it's from a modded EXE.

People, the slope code was ALREADY IN SRB2. He just activated it, yeesh. It's not the hugest deal because they don't work. At all. If he DOES get them working, however, it will be huge.

But he claimed they don't lag. However, as far as I remember, when SSNTails was testing them in 1.09.2, and in the slopeswin EXE (that was 1.09.2 with the slope code enabled), they did slow down. No idea if it was to do with the huge OpenGL optimization (1.09.4 runs way faster than 1.09.2 in OpenGL), but anyways, there's still a difference there.

The Dark Fox said:
I know slopes are in. Slopes are useless, it will be highly overused horribly.
Just think of them as FOFstairs 2.0, stairs that look like slopes and have slope physics.
And remember: every good thing will be used in the most idiotic way. Just look at internet =P

Ash said:
People, the slope code was ALREADY IN SRB2. He just activated it, yeesh. It's not the hugest deal because they don't work. At all. If he DOES get them working, however, it will be huge.

How do you activate it anyway?

Triangle Trumper said:
How do you activate it anyway?
Well, enabling it in the source simply involves uncommenting some lines and changing around some text.

To use it in a map works like this:

Create a sector outside of the map and tag a sector to a linedef the same way you would set up an FOF.

The sector slopes from the two linedefs that are farthest from each other in that sector, the sector either from bottom to top or left to right when viewing the map from an overhead view.

Making a sector next to the sloped sector makes a slope down the side
of a slope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back