Creepiest (non M rated) looking boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just bought the retail version of Minecraft, and this is the scariest stuff I've played in a long time. Right now, I've discovered an open cave system. After constructing a defensive barricade of doors, I heard a moan... A Zombie! So I crept out, sword in hand. It's dark. I keep placing torches but I still can't see him in the darkness ahead! Where is he? WHERE IS HE?!?

2q3z0p5.png
Zap610 said:

Nahatomb was also pretty frightening. So was Joka to a lesser extent.

Klonoa had great bosses. I'm glad I got the chance to play it.

Last edited:
I've just bought the retail version of Minecraft, and this is the scariest stuff I've played in a long time. Right now, I've discovered an open cave system. After constructing a defensive barricade of doors, I heard a moan... A Zombie! So I crept out, sword in hand. It's dark. I keep placing torches but I still can't see him in the darkness ahead! Where is he? WHERE IS HE?!?

2q3z0p5.png

Pfft, Zombies?

hsudlf.jpg

Creepers are much worse.

Yeah, strategically speaking. Creepers can make you drop everything in your inventory and may cause damage to your structures (like, after the first night, a Creeper fell from my roof just as I exited my front door, exploded in my face, and instantly reduced my health to one-and-a-half hearts while also destroying the entryway to my fortress. That was annoying).

While their threat levels differ, every enemy in this game loves to play twisted mind games with your sense of paranoia. Their ambient sounds, especially when heard deep underground in narrow, dark caverns, make everything worse. And I personally find their blocky, grainy appearance to be positively horrifying. It's as if you have otherworldly robots homing in on your trail with a directive to destroy you at all costs.

Last edited:
I wish I could say Brood Mother and Pandora, but they're both from M games.

So I guess I'll say that Majora (The second phase freaked me out the most) from Majora's Mask, derp. And Dead hand from Ocarina of Time.

Also, Queen slug for a butt from Earthworm Jim. Especially the way she dies.. *barf*
Or, by her full name: "The evil queen, pulsating, bloated, festering, sweaty, pus-filled, malformed, slug for a butt." Imagine that!
And, about Giygas..

If you think about it, Giygas' battle can be considered an abortion. Considering the fact that this looks like a woman's birth canal:

And the Fetus, from the second phase from the battle. And an outline for you people who can't see the fetus:

And basically, this was like before Giygas had a chance to be born, so...
That proves that bosses can be creepy both by appearance, and back story.

Last edited:
Nahatomb was also pretty frightening.

I haven't actually played the Wii version, but on the PSX one I didn't really remember what Nahatomb looked like. However, after watching a playthrough of his final form on the Wii (clearer graphics) it is pretty freaky. Also second form.

That is Ballos. Ballos stands at the end of the long and harrowing Sacred Grounds, ready to rip unsuspecting soldiers to atoms. At least you get the good ending for beating him.

The final boss from Kirby:Canvas Curse (DS). Especially the part where Drawcia Sorceress turns into Drawcia Soul and you have to fight her..
....and even the music.....I was using headphones....

Last edited:
That is Ballos. Ballos stands at the end of the long and harrowing Sacred Grounds, ready to rip unsuspecting soldiers to atoms. At least you get the good ending for beating him.

Yeah thats totally easy, ONCE YOU GET THERE! (20 replays later)

When I was younger, and I played Super Mario Sunshine, I fought that ghost manta-ray in the haunted hotel place. I thought he was kinda scary, but only because he was a ghost and I coulden't figure out how to kill it without getting launched by like seven of its smaller self.
Then again, I was younger, soo.. yeah.

No, that thing IS creepy... Seriously, it's like WHERE DID THE SHADOW COME FROM WHEN THERE'S NO RAY??? And you have to hide under umbrellas to stay out of reach... I've played that a lot, but it still creeps me. Giygas neer really creeped me, even the music didn't, but that Mother 3 Boss is terrifying. And M3 is my favorite game too. Anyone ever play Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future? That whole game is creepy. It's worse than Jaws. I got it years ago and was like "Yay! Dolphins!" And then I got mauled by giant eels while racing through dark undercontinent mazes with a limited supply of air. And then, at the VERY last chapter, in the first level of it, Chance of Reckoning, you start out, and the water is foggy, and it's raining, all dead silent. You swim along, see a few jellyfish, no problem. All's good, if even a little ominous, and suddenly, there in front of you is a GIANT alien queen, who eats you if you come too close. And she shoots lasers too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back