• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

ChrispyPack (SonicCE is done!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my girlfriend takes up a lot of my time and attention leaving me with hardly any time to work on this. I should have SonicCE done soon though.

Chrispy said:
I changed Sonic to have a slower thok so that he won't be so overpowered in race.
Not a good idea. I did this once and people got pissed at me for doing so.
Keep it the same as the SRB2 sonic is what I'm saying.

Really? I've always found it annoying how everyone abuses thok in race mode. That's why I changed it to be slower. It's just fast enough to get you in the running animations after using it but slow enough to make it not so overpowered in race.

Flame said:
Chrispy said:
I changed Sonic to have a slower thok so that he won't be so overpowered in race.

Just HOW slow did you make it?

It didn't matter how slow I made it. If I made Sonic's actionspd slower even just a tiny bit, people would notice.

Just tested it. Its pretty good. Only real problem there is the slow thok speed makes some levels impossible in which I had to switch to the old sonic. Great job anyhow.

On those levels try spindashing and jumping right after charging, you get a good forward thrust.

Flame said:
Chrispy said:

And screw you. :D I like thok being slow. I feel 30-40 is fine, screw 60, it makes running pointless.

I'm already hard at work on KnucklesCE and I've gotten almost all of the front frames done.
EDIT: Here's the drawing i'll be editing for the select pic. Does anyone have any ideas for what level to use for the background?
http://i40.tinypic.com/3133ur6.png

Senku Niola said:
And screw you. :D I like thok being slow. I feel 30-40 is fine, screw 60, it makes running pointless.
I agree with Senku, it turns thoking into a great recovery move if you're about to fall off the edge on small platforms during a jump. It kept me from falling off even the pipes in Vulcan Forge many times. :D (I'm rather clumsy at jumping in SRB2, so this helps me out a lot. :P) The increased acceleration is nice too, although he feels a little harder to control, I slipped off quite a few platforms in Mystic Realm until I got used to it. It still works out great though.
Anyway, I'm adding this to my Autoexec script alongside AmyRENET and Blaze. I know it's been said many times before, but awesome work Chrispy. :P

Chrispy said:
I'm already hard at work on KnucklesCE and I've gotten almost all of the front frames done.
EDIT: Here's the drawing i'll be editing for the select pic. Does anyone have any ideas for what level to use for the background?
Inner Sanctum Zone, but with a daytime sky
Because of the Master Emerald
MAPAZ-mysticrealm.png

there is NO other choice.

It's warp code is MAPAZ.

Damn. Too bad I just deleted all my WADS and SRB2 to clear out space. Until 1.1 I'm not redownloading it anyway.

Chaos Knux said:
Chrispy said:
Inner Sanctum Zone, but with a daytime sky
Because of the Master Emerald
MAPAZ-mysticrealm.png

there is NO other choice.

It's warp code is MAPAZ.

I agree. the shot has to have the master emerald.

Well I dunno if I could do the daytime sky, maybe if someone could send me a WAD of the level with it I could do it.

Tails will be started after I finish Knux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back