Cartoon Air Walk

Cartoon Air Walk V1.2 (a whole lotta bug fixes!)

Dodobee

Avid Among us enjoyer
Dodobee submitted a new resource:

Cartoon Air Walk - A goofy addon that gives a new meaning to "Airwalking"

Ever wanted to see your character do that cartoon thing when they fall off a cliff? Probably not but here it is anyways. This addon makes your character float in the air for a second if they fall off a high cliff, and then they fall down. If you fall too fast, you'll take damage. This addon makes it a bit easier to save yourself when accidentally running off a cliff too fast but has risk too. Also its a goofy addon, what's not to like?

Read more about this resource...

Found a glitch where you just get stuck in the goop
srb20008.gif

yeah i'm sorry this is like one of the first things i've created for SRB2 i'll find a way to fix these issues

Dodobee updated Cartoon Air Walk with a new update entry:

Goop bug fix

Yeah this was stupid I was planning to fix this from the start because I remember coming across this bug where if you fall into goop, you're stuck but I forgot to fix it.

Read the rest of this update entry...
Post automatically merged:

This one really messes with certain ramps. I'd try to tweak how the air walk actually activates so these ramps work properly.
Do you have any examples of what ramps so I could test them and find out what the problem is?

Last edited:
Do you have any examples of what ramps so I could test them and find out what the problem is?
The one in GFZ 2, as shown in the GIF I posted. The one in Deep Sea 2 should act similarly, it's about as high off the ground, if not higher.

The one in GFZ 2, as shown in the GIF I posted. The one in Deep Sea 2 should act similarly, it's about as high off the ground, if not higher.
Oh I didn't even realise the gif lol, I can see the problem I think I have an idea on how to fix it

Just a quick suggestion, maybe make it that when the timer for falling runs out, the character freezes, turns to the camera, and then falls down

Just a quick suggestion, maybe make it that when the timer for falling runs out, the character freezes, turns to the camera, and then falls down
I was gonna do that at first but I thought it might make it feel a bit too slow and I think it wouldn't really look good without custom animations which I don't know how to do yet

There's a glitch, where if you already have enough speed, you'll go into the running frame that you use during the airwalk. On ground. It also lets you still airwalk. It's very slippery in this state, and when moving into air, it pushes you out, for some reason. Maybe it has something to do with the code thinking you still have the same speed? I don't really have many examples, but it involves going in the air for a considerable amount of time, then landing in an area where there's a hole in the ground. The Deep Sea Act 2 Upper Ramp is a good example.

Now, what should we call this glitch? Preserved Airwalking Speed That Pushes You Out Of Holes For Some Ungodly Reason? (PASTPYOOFSUR)
Post automatically merged:

There's a glitch, where if you already have enough speed, you'll go into the running frame that you use during the airwalk. On ground. It also lets you still airwalk. It's very slippery in this state, and when moving into air, it pushes you out, for some reason. Maybe it has something to do with the code thinking you still have the same speed? I don't really have many examples, but it involves going in the air for a considerable amount of time, then landing in an area where there's a hole in the ground. The Deep Sea Act 2 Upper Ramp is a good example.

Now, what should we call this glitch? Preserved Airwalking Speed That Pushes You Out Of Holes For Some Ungodly Reason? (PASTPYOOFSUR)
I found out that the earlier speed doesn't matter. You just need to have a hole. (I'm still keeping the name, you PASTPYOOFSUR haters.)

Last edited:
Do you know the upper Deep Sea Act 2 Route? Well then go on it until you find a ramp with red springs on it. Roll into the red springs, and then, there's a hole in the ground. Try to airwalk into it, it'll make the glitch happen.

Not really sure what ramp you're referring to, when I play Deep Sea act 2 I usually go in one specific route with all characters and its probably not the route you're talking about so I'm a bit confused lol

Not really sure what ramp you're referring to, when I play Deep Sea act 2 I usually go in one specific route with all characters and its probably not the route you're talking about so I'm a bit confused lol
Okay, so uh, go left, and keep going forward, look to the right until you see a staircase like formation (as in it elevates unsmoothly), then go up it. Follow the usual platforming until you get to the ramp I was talking about.

Dodobee updated Cartoon Air Walk with a new update entry:

Just a lot of bug fixes

Hey guys and gals! I didn't even realise but the old version was pretty buggy so I spent a bit of time just fixing them, now you can:
- Use springs properly
- Airwalk off ramps guaranteed
- Use Knuckles climbing without it being a bit broken
- Probably something else I forgot about

I also made it so that if you're rolling, you wouldn't airwalk so you have a bit of control over whether you want to airwalk or not. There's still quite a lot of bugs to fix but I thought I should release this so...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I think this is a stupid suggestion, but it would be fun if you could deal damage to badnniks when you fell. would it be something like cartoon-air-bounce-tech?
srb20808.gif

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back