Can't host/join netgames. Help please! :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because SRB2 is meant for PLAYING not standing around chatting. If you want to roleplay, go ahead, but don't advertise your server or you'll get banned.

Zonic The Hedgehog said:
*eyes pop open*

WHAT THE?! I HAVENT SEEN ANY OF THOSE! Except for the second one. But, why can't roleplaying be allowed, its fun!

It's not playing though, it's talking. That's what chatrooms are for.

Many people like Roleplaying! (god I don't know if their reading this now)

But its just plain fun! I mean, why can't you use the server for roleplaying, AIM Chatrooms, BORING!! Now SRB2 RP, great!

They're*

I just don't see the point in giving your match game a "back story". If you want back stories, go "play" on Gaia or play Final Fantasy.

And if we don't have the damn games?! SRB2 is a great game for roleplaying, and all other games it already offers! Still, theres no harm in allowing roleplay!

Make a seperate exe that supports .plrs and .wads and find another server to host RP netgames. No complaints there.

Like I explained earlier, people use the Master Server to find games to actually play in. From my experience, if you go into a RP server and start actually playing (That is, completing the level or start killing people), the people inside get all mad and kick whoever is doing it. If you want to RP, get your own Master Server. The official one is for actually playing the game.

FuriousFox said:
Like I explained earlier, people use the Master Server to find games to actually play in. From my experience, if you go into a RP server and start actually playing (That is, completing the level or start killing people), the people inside get all mad and kick whoever is doing it. If you want to RP, get your own Master Server. The official one is for actually playing the game.

He said what I did, only smarter.

Look. Lemme explain this for those people who don't seem to get it.

SRB2 is an action-platformer. It also has first person shooter elements. Nowhere in that does it say "role playing game".

If you'd like to role play, might I suggest World of Warcraft? It's a gigantic and highly entertaining game with servers specifically tailored to your interests.

However, SRB2 is not designed as a role playing game. Even worse, people are advertising their RP servers, and ban anyone who doesn't play along. That doesn't look good on the master server, and it's not necessary for you to host on the master server.

If you want to play a glorified chat room, that's absolutely fine. We aren't going to stop you from doing what you enjoy to do. However, there are not to be any RP servers hosted from the master server. It's a waste of bandwidth on our end and it leads to people joining games that are just a waste of time if you aren't looking for a glorified chat room.

If you want to set up your own master server, go right ahead. However, if you'd like to use ours, you'll abide by our rules, and one of those is "No advertising RP servers".

Since that's cleared, I'll be posting back on topic:

A few days ago, my laptop's srb2 kept saying that something must have been disconfigured with my router. Since both of my computers didn't like me now, I wasn't in good condition. However, I tried system restoring them, and both computers worked like nothing ever happened. I'm unsure if the system restores were successful, and it was probably just restarting the computer that returned the srb2 connection settings.

So, if you've still been having that problem, which I assume not, just try system restoring, or restarting the computer in general.

How about this? When I host netgames they register on the master server, but, some people don't se my netgame up, and others just can't connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back