Blaze the Cat RE WAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just a conversion to the pallete. It's not even SRB2 Sized. Besides, Dr. Pepper's gonna resize and trace it himself. :P

Dr.Pepper said:
Alright guys, let's try to get this settled, which select picture is best for BlazeRENET?
Chrispy's Frankenstein edit of Blade's picture:
fu3q0n.png

Hyper's HMS-style edit: (I actually like this one, personally :P)
thHMB-1.png

Blade's:
BLZECHAR-2.png

SpaceKGreen's '06 Model pose:
BlazePose1.png

Now you guys can see why I have such a hard time choosing. D: I might go with Hyper's edit just for the lolz, so don't make me choose something nobody wants! :shot:

I added the spikes! Give some credit where it's due! Thank you.

I'll Begin said:
That's just a conversion to the pallete. It's not even SRB2 Sized. Besides, Dr. Pepper's gonna resize and trace it himself. :P
NUH UH! Look at the head. I re-shaded it. SRB2 Style.

H Y P E R said:
I'll Begin said:
NUH UH! Look at the head. I re-shaded it. SRB2 Style.
And now it's unevenly shaded and parts of it are the wrong colours. :P Just leave it to Dr. Pepper.

I could probably make it a lot easier on Dr. Pepper by shrinking the picture and rendering only Blender's edge-detection, but... my laptop's inverter board burned out so the backlight doesn't work, rendering me unable to see anything on the screen (already tried shining a flashlight, didn't work) and I haven't backed up the Blaze model to the external hard drive.

New inverter board isn't due to arrive until Friday... D:

Sorry to hear about your laptop, SKG. D: You don't need to worry about the edge-detection though, I've already shrank and edited the picture:
BlazePose5.png

I've been working on this in bits and pieces throughout the day in Paint. (Too lazy to boot back into Ubuntu.) It still needs a lot more work, (particularly around the eyes, cuffs, etc.) but what you guys think of it so far?
JEV3 said:
How come THIS isn't an option?
I forgot about it, oops... >_>
Jurai_Madman said:
I added the spikes! Give some credit where it's due! Thank you.
I went back and edited the post, sorry about that. :P

H Y P E R said:
The background is out of the palette.
I intend to replace it a color of blue, but I'm too focused on the face itself to really care about the background color right now. In fact, I'd like to put a background in there instead. Any ideas on what SRB2 screen shot I should use?

EDIT: I keep forgetting to ask this, but would it be possible to Soc something similar to Amy's Air Dash ability from JTE? If it is, then that would best represent one of her actual special abilities in Sonic Rush, and make the RENET version that much different from RE.

For a level, Red Volcano Zone or Flame Rift Zone from MR. I think fire levels would reflect her abilities better.

I disagree, she's better suited to some ruins level or cosmic scenery. She may have power over fire, but her character is not represented by fire. She is elegant, independent, and slightly strong willed. (strong enough to burn Sonic to a crisp in SR anyhow) This is not something that a volcano would depict as well as some kind of magical ruins.

Dr. Pepper, before you release this, I need to make a few suggestions.
1. Make the tips of her ponytails purple.
2. Make her frown, Blaze doesn't really smile that much.
3. Change her jumping sound effect to the Sonic Rush one.
4. Make the Sol Emeralds less shiny.
5. Make the custom spintrail red.
EDIT: 6. The peach shading on her shoes looks weird

H Y P E R said:
Dr. Pepper, before you release this, I need to make a few suggestions.

1. He's got a point
2. Blaze has smiled. More than once. Not as much as Sonic and st00f, but it's been done enough.
3. Why?
4. Tru dat
5. Blaze's fire has NEVER been fully red. It's always been outlined in purple.

Try Comparing All the blazes' from

Sonic rush
Sonic rush adventure
Sonic riders zero gravity
Mario and sonic @ the olympics
Sonic 2006
and you will be able to get it better

Koopadawg, I've already been doing that... >_>
JEV3 said:
I disagree, she's better suited to some ruins level or cosmic scenery. She may have power over fire, but her character is not represented by fire. She is elegant, independent, and slightly strong willed. (strong enough to burn Sonic to a crisp in SR anyhow) This is not something that a volcano would depict as well as some kind of magical ruins.
Ruins or Cosmic scenery would make sense, how does this screen shot from the Blue Heaven mod look in the background?
srb20039-1.png

H Y P E R said:
1.The reason why they aren't has already been discussed. I refuse to turn BlazeRE into the same screwed-up blue/purplish mess that was the old WAD. Purple tips look horribly out of place on these sprites, because her fur is no longer stupidly outlined in black to match. This won't be a problem at all in SRB2ME, but until then, that's the best I can do. :(

2.Blaze doesn't "frown", that suggests she has something to be pissed about all the time. It's more of a "No, I'm serious." look than anything.

3.Do you happen to have that sound effect? I sure don't, this was discussed loooong before (I think) you even joined. Otherwise it would have already been done.

4.I'll see what I can do, but I can't figure out why no one else seems to have a problem with them as they are now. >_> I asked if they were too shiny for SRB2 some time ago and nobody said a thing about it.

5.That would probably make more sense, but how will it change color in net games if someone uses the RE version? It would definitely confuse a lot of CTF and Team Deathmatch players.

You mean the life icon? There's not much I can do about it because of her hair. If I do shrink Blaze's height even slightly, she'll be even shorter than Sonic than she ought to, and that would look strange. XD

Also, did some more minor edits to the select picture. That's about the best I can do with it right now. :P
srb20039-1-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back