Best Sonic Game Ever! (not srb2 as choice)

What is the Best Sonic Game Ever?

• Sonic Genesis/Game Gear

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sonic Adventure 1/2

• Sonic Heroes

• Shadow the Hedgehog

• Sonic Riders

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a close contest, but I think Sonic 3 and Knuckles wins overall. Sonic CD is a close second. And I have to be honest with you guys, there were parts of Heroes that I liked.

SADX, for sure.

Adventure fields, great old-age tropical levels, glitches that allow fun stuff, spindash gave you great accel that should be in every game, and of course the cinamatic action that Sonic Team worked so hard for.

Other opions:

SA2:B
Although the music/story were far superior, and the spindash and stuff were still there, it missed some parts of the Sonic-feeling. Sonic never really got in his running animation by just running, and too much levels were exclusive for a certain person, while I rather want to play as Sonic only. I only like the game for certain levels that are really entertaining. Who ever wants to replay the Knuckles mines, or those Rouge "get the emerald in 5 minutes" missions? More of Sonic, please.

Sonic heroes:
The idea was fine, and so was the max speed. Levels were okay to me, but this game lacked many things. The story was very confusing, how they tried to force players to slow down by switching to power/fly type sucked, and it was kindof a game-on-rail. Most of my time playing this game, I just tried to dump those irritating team-members, or I tried to run trough levels without using power/fly. The camera was kinda hard on you, as well.

Shadow the hedgehog:
Alright, this game missed a LOT of things. First of all, control! I found shadow kinda uncontrolable. Then you have the bad camera and guns. Now that sucks. The levels....let me be fair, the design of them sucked, and I'm really not waiting on hero/dark missions. Although I am glad that you can play them all with Shadow himself, instead of Rouge/Knuckles/Tails/Big/etc. The story can be confusing at times. Finally, the superfight! It took me so long to get it, and all I got was a Sonic heroes styled shooting match. I've lend the game to a friend to I never took it back.

Sonic Riders:
Needs more levels. Thats all I can say. Its so annoying that I have to do those 6 levels over and over again. Those near-copys of levels were just no fun to play. The story? Well, lets say.....why doesn't Sonic act quickly, when he needs to chase the "bandits". He can run at supersonic speeds, but instead he forces himself to use boards that can only go at 160 miles a hour.

Sonic genesis games:
I never really enjoyed any of them. All of em had a major mistake, making me not like that game. Sonic CD? Too slow, even in stardust speedway. Sonic 1? Wow, now I didn't like that. Sonic 3&Knux? Very weird movement and too extreme made level textures. Sonic 2? I found this the most enjoyable Sonic game. It had speed, good looks, and was simple. I didn't really like the Super Sonic system, though. Kinda buggy....

SMS, what the heck does that mean? All of the Genesis games use the exact same amount of speed. I question your judgement.

Well I'm glad some people posted, but like Sykotic said the flaws, storyline, and graphics aren't as close to important as if it is fun is.
EDIT: I hope you all understood that :P By the way to SMS I really think they should have made SA2B with the Adventure stages like SADX/1

Yayes, my 9 day week temp ban is over!*shot*
Wait, where is flipin' Sonic CD on this poll?

FoxBlitzz said:
SMS, what the heck does that mean? All of the Genesis games use the exact same amount of speed. I question your judgement.

Yes they do, but Sonic 2 was the best of all the genesis games to keep in the speed. The other games were running-jump-accel-running-jump-accel-running-pain-accel-jump-accel-running-etc.

Sonic 2 was more like.....accel-running-runshoes-dashing-jump-running-dashing-super sonic-dashing-jumping-dashing-stop-spindash-superspeed-jump-FINISH

Yeah, not even I understood what I just said. Simple: Sonic 2 had less slow-downs (and for as far as I know, better accel) then the other Sonic genesis games.

Oh, and by the way. Sonic genesis is getting released on gameboy!

The word you're looking for, SMS, is "flow", and Sonic 2 did have excellent flow. You can in fact do it in S3K as well, but it's harder.

Favourite NewSchool Game:SA1/SADX
Favourite OldSkool game:Sonic CD or Sonic Rush
Favourite Advanced game:Sonic Advance 3 *Shot* (I don't have any others)
Favourite Fan Game:SRB2 *Shot*
Least favourite game: Mean Bean Machine and SSSSSOOOOOONNNNNNIIIIICCCCC HHHHEEEERRRROOOOS
Favourite Level:City Escape from SA2
Favourite Game overall:SA1/SADX *Shot*

As for Shadow the Hedgehog lets say it had good story line and the levels are good buts it not that good.

But either way SA1/SADX owns all game.

Sorry it was stupid of me to not put Sonic CD up there, after all it's one of my favorites, so just use Genesis/Game Gear as the vote or your second favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back