Best Sonic Game Ever! (not srb2 as choice)

What is the Best Sonic Game Ever?

• Sonic Genesis/Game Gear

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sonic Adventure 1/2

• Sonic Heroes

• Shadow the Hedgehog

• Sonic Riders

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You really should go into more detail there. Which Genesis Sonic game? You just have them all grouped under one poll option.

How do you even know that Sonic '06 is your favorite Sonic game? Its not even out yet, and I highly doubt you've been to a video gaming expo to try it out. Sure, I do think it will be somewhat better than the Sonic Adventure games, but it will definently not be close to as good as the Genesis Sonic games and what we know right now as Sonic Wildfire for the Wii.

My favorite game then? It is a close tie between STH2 and STH3. They both are great games with very varied and creative zones, plus they both give what I think is one of the best examples of control over speed, somthing I think that makes the original Sonic games so much better than the newer ones.

Just my two cents. :wink:

I have played a demo on my friend's Xbox 360 and it was AMAZING!!! Oh SRB2 isn't a choice because this is only Sega/Sonic Team games. Sorry.

(After this post, I'm picking Shadow as well)

I liked Shadow Best, since it wasn't just a remake. It was something new that I wanted to see. I can see why a lot of people say it sucked. The story. For me, screw the story. If it's good, take it into stride, and if it sucks, Just plain old ignore it. Skip the skippable scenes. WHATEVER!

It was interesting to see Shadow with a gun, but at the same time, it never suprised me. I played SA2B and saw the fact that he's a rebel. Soon as he got freed, one thing was on his mind. Revenge. That in itself gave him a nice Backstory to go by, but SHtH mutilated it.

I liked Shadow because of the levels. There's a lot more destruction and it has a Darker theme. I like dark themes. Get the **** over it! The weaponry was superb. Although most of the weapons were just the same as another except with more ammo or new Graphics kinda pissed me off.

I just wish more opinions could be like that ._. Not based upon what is expected as main, rather as a whole.

You like Shadow because of the darker themes and guns?

It seems like you fell right into Sega's trap.

That is true and you know what? I think it is a darn good game and I don't care what others think so long as I know what I do. :mrgreen:
EDIT:It was to Sykotic if you did not know.

Sonic Adventure 2. Many resent it for its mediocre camera work, but strangely enough, I find nothing wrong with it (well, it's a little annoying at times, but nothing that would make me want to chuck the controller across the room. ._.) To this day it's my most favorite Sonic game ever, and I'm not entirely sure why.

I played Sonic Heroes, but it got old fast. There wasn't as much "depth" in it as there was in the Sonic Adventure games. And 2-player mode sucked hard. .-.

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles was okay. However, I thought that Tails was shafted in it. He has the hardest boss of all time (excluding Sonic 2 final boss) in Marble Garden Zone act 2.

Bigboi said:
LOL at whoever picked Shadow.

... Why do you say that, I like that game

but SA1, SADX and SA2 are some of the funnest (im my opinion... probebly didnt spell that right(the ether lol))

That is true and you know what? I think it is a darn good game and I don't care what others think so long as I know what I do.
EDIT:It was to Sykotic if you did not know.

Sonic Adventure 2. Many resent it for its mediocre camera work, but strangely enough, I find nothing wrong with it (well, it's a little annoying at times, but nothing that would make me want to chuck the controller across the room. ._.) To this day it's my most favorite Sonic game ever, and I'm not entirely sure why.

I played Sonic Heroes, but it got old fast. There wasn't as much "depth" in it as there was in the Sonic Adventure games. And 2-player mode sucked hard. .-.

People dislike certain games for the problems that they may or may not have. I can't really respect anyone who finds a problem and goes "OMG WTF THIS TEH SUX!!!11" Seriously man, you play games for fun, not to drop at the sight of a problem. You probably suck if you do. The whole Idea for gameplay is for it to be straight and well. The testers can't help but not find a problem or two. They can't find everything, can they? Not all of them have the super keen gamer eyes that alot of have here, right? Half the time, they just play straight on through, never testing secret routes etc. Why? Because Beta/Alpha testing gets old after a while!

Sykotic, if that was directed towards me, I just want to say that the 2-player mode was only one of the many problems that I had with Sonic Heroes. It's a fun game, don't get me wrong, but like I said, after a while it got old for me. As for it "lacking depth", I meant that it didn't seem as a big of a game as SA2 or SA1 ... like, it didn't have as many secrets or unlockables or extras and et cetera. This isn't necessarily a problem with the game itself, but it could be my own problem, perhaps having gotten too used to SA2, or the game just not appealing to me, for some reason.

But in any case, everything above is opinion. Different people have different reasons for liking or disliking a particular game. You made the assumption that I disliked Sonic Heroes because of only a single, particular flaw, but I'm just like you, I play games for fun ... I just didn't bother to write an entire essay explaining my reasons for not liking the game. By the way, I'm not sure why you quoted Cory the Hedgehog's post before mine, since my post certainly wasn't directed towards him ... :/

EDIT: Err ... now I feel slightly stupid. ._.;; Who was your post being directed towards?

Heh heh, That post was directed to everyone here as whole, but I'm glad you decided to post that. Some people are actually smart and look past a games Flaws (Like myself =D). I love it when people do that.

It makes me feel fuzzy inside >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back