Any of you here play without a mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keyboard+Mouse > Just Keyboard.
Why would I want to be stuck turning at a pre-determined speed when I can turn however far I want whenever I want?

Chaos said:
I always turn off the mouse because my arm sometimes hits it and my gameplay messes up.

Just turn up the mouse speed. That way you don't even have to move your hand that much to make a turn. I turned my speed up about 50%, and I'm pretty comfortable with it. Not once have I gone off of the mousepad.

My mouse speed is at max on my labtop, it's still not that sensitive. That might be because I don't have it on a surface with a lot of grip though.

I want to get really good at this game, so do any of you pros recommend geting a mouse with a side button or someting?

EDIT: I do have a mouse, but most of the time I can't use it. (Lol, I won't bother explaining. It'd take a while.)

You don't really need a special mouse. I use a 20 dollar Logitech wired mouse. Just having a mouse and using it for turning helps a ton.

Since I learned about the mouse in SRB2 I use it. Really helps, esspecially with Auto Rings, I like to shoot at full charge :)

Mouse? In SRB2? Blastemphy!
Ever since day one, I haven't played SRB2 using a mouse. I just got used to one method and never switched. Needless to say, it's not like I need to switch or anything, as i'm quite happy with how I can do without one.

Dark Warrior said:
The mouse is the reason FuriousFox, Mystic, Ritz, and a slew of others can kill you in an instant. So you'd be very, very wrong, with the exclusion of Spazz.
Fix'd.

Yeah, sure, I gloated. So what? :mrgreen:

I found out this that if you set the KEYS like this you can able to have a better gameplay.

Up: Move Forward

Down: Move Backwards

Left: Turn Left

Right: Turn Right

Mouse Button 1 *Left click*: Spin Dash

Mouse Button 2 *Right click*: Jump

Mouse Button 3 *Middle click*: Light Dash

Note: I have a 3 button mouse, the middle click is like a wheel that you can use to scroll up & down.

Which that, I handle better with this.

Almost looks like i'm playing SEGA.

However, without a mouse I would be dieing easily...

Ashovare said:
The mouse-look is what gives some of the players, like MegaSonic, a GREAT advantage to those without mouses. Even when In do play with my mouse...it's not sensitive enough. I'm thinking I'm going to get a G-cube controller adaptor for my comp and try using that.

I want one of those. Where do you get them?

My preferred settings for the keyboard and mouse are:

W = Forward
A = Strafe Left
S = Backwards
D = Strafe Right
Left Shift = No Mouselook
Left Mouse button = Shoot ring / special ring
Middle Mouse button = Spindash
Right Mouse button = Jump

Mouse speed = Relatively high
Mouse Look = Full
Chasecam = Off

All of my other settings are either made via script and/or irrelevant.

M.V.P said:
Ashovare said:
The mouse-look is what gives some of the players, like MegaSonic, a GREAT advantage to those without mouses. Even when In do play with my mouse...it's not sensitive enough. I'm thinking I'm going to get a G-cube controller adaptor for my comp and try using that.

I want one of those. Where do you get them?

I think I'll end up using a mouse anyway. But I Yahood it and found the adaptor, I'll post the link later if you haven't found it yet. (Ebay has a ton too.)

Ashovare said:
The mouse-look is what gives some of the players, like MegaSonic, a GREAT advantage to those without mouses. Even when In do play with my mouse...it's not sensitive enough.
Uh.. you DO know that you can change the mouse sensitivity, right? You can change it so moving it half a centimeter will spin you around 50 times. (Slight exaggeration)

Personally, I jsut don't get how to use the mouse in srb2, I just use arrow keys for movin' around, / for jump, . for spindash, and m and , for strafing. And l and k for look up/ look down, but I never use it, anyway.

SonicX8000 said:
Note: I have a 3 button mouse, the middle click is like a wheel that you can use to scroll up & down.

Which that, I handle better with this.

However, without a mouse I would be dieing easily...

Fixed. Thanks, you just made me remember that Mouse 3 Button, now I'll go use it for Normal Shoot.

If you have a mousewheel, you could use a small script to "switch weapons". In other words, it changes your fire key between "Normal" and "Alternative" firing modes.
Here's how I did it:
Code:
bind "wheel 1 up" "setcontrol fire SPACE"
bind "wheel 1 down" "setcontrol firenormal SPACE"
This is in autoexec.cfg, btw.

Shuffle said:
Ashovare said:
The mouse-look is what gives some of the players, like MegaSonic, a GREAT advantage to those without mouses. Even when In do play with my mouse...it's not sensitive enough.
Uh.. you DO know that you can change the mouse sensitivity, right? You can change it so moving it half a centimeter will spin you around 50 times. (Slight exaggeration)

I mean even with the sensitivity all the way - perhaps a surface with better grip and a better mouse will help.

Uh. If you set the sensitivity all the way up, you turn REALLY fast. Are you playing with the sensitivity in Windows or in SRB2? You need to do it in SRB2. :/

Shuffle said:
Uh. If you set the sensitivity all the way up, you turn REALLY fast. Are you playing with the sensitivity in Windows or in SRB2? You need to do it in SRB2. :/

Oh! No wonder!

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back