• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

About the next contest... (Jan/Feb 09, not the current one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I was working on last, I believe. It's not possible to increase the actual speed it moves at, due to MF_PUSHABLE being in place, but using current you can make it move faster that way. In the version presently released, that would make you fall out, but in the version I've been working on, you can only fall out in excessive currents, with Sonic thokking out, or if Knuckles glides in it long enough for him to reach such a high speed. If you want, I'll pm you with a link when I get back to my own PC. (Posting from a friend's Acer Aspire One, if anyone cares)

Here is my XMAS texture pack, in the form of a zip. XMAS wad will probably still be released this Christmas, but someone may want Christmas themes even when used outside of any sort of Christmas mod. They aren't anything exceedingly special, all textures are clearly recolored counterparts to existing ones except for one or two. Do note, however, that they will need to be renamed, otherwise they will still replace the existing textures. (maybe just add an XM to the front of all of them via XWE)

Prime 2.0 said:
I happily contribute my horizontal springs, and upside down blue spring.

Newsprings.wad

THANK YOU! I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THOSE!

Speaking of custom stuff, I was wondering something.
I'm designing a level (not for contest, but for general release) based on New Super Mario Bros. The level design is highly original, and I'm putting a lot of effort into it. The trouble is that all of the texture and sprite replacements are sprite and tile rips. I have provided thorough credit, and, as I said, the level is very unique, but would those textures mean I can't post it?

You can only use materials that are in the pack. If the pack has Mystic Realm stuff, then you're in luck.

I wouldn't mind the Mystic Realm stuff being in the pack, although I'd prefer the palm tree sprites to be a different thing, rather than replace the candy cane sprites.

Maybe the things in JJames' mod could be added too? After all, Mystic Realm did use some of the enemies from that mod.

verifiaman said:
Is the wnner actually going in the addons section on the srb2 website?

No. It used to, but this forum is now the place for the WADs. That part should be fixed up, honestly. Oh well.

It is better to just provide the Red Desert custom content in a separate WAD. This contains all the custom textures and flats it uses, and ALL of its objects.

Thing Type 13370 - Upside-Down Torch Flame (I don't know why, but it does not burn you, so you have to make a 3D area with Fire Damage to make this work)
Thing Type 13371 - Tumbleweed
Thing Type 13372 - Invisible Quicksand Launcher. (Note: You'll have to put large clumps of these for them to function properly.)
Thing Type 13373 - Upside-Down Gargoyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back