• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

A Werehog WAD THAT ISN'T AN EYESORE!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scizor300 said:
An improvement on the colors and shading
werehogpreviewmepal.png

I'm also remaking the side hands

Okay, THAT'S really good. It still needs to be shrunk, though...HIRES sucks.

Eyes have been fixed up a bit, along with a bit of shading improvements. In other news, the side frames are being completely redone!
werehogpreviewmepal.png

Again, another improvement, but it still needs shrinking. I advise you to shrink it before doing any other work.

And it's huge
Don't you think he'll resize it...?

And I think we heard enough "My eyes are bleeding, its bad, its huge, shading is bad!"

I think we start giving suggestions...? >_>
Heres my take

Could you please make it smaller so we can see what it'll look like in game?

And can you fix the ears to go out more and in? His hands aren't that dark. And you should make his finger nails whiter. As its white on drawings. His eyes should be more "rounder" going in.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/Werehog/SSJ_spiderman2007/werehog.png

His body fur he grows should cover more area. And blue should be darker?

Any werehog is an eyesore, really. I think what you have right now it useless and you'll have to remake it. He looks like he'd be like 20 feet tall ingame and doesn't really look like the werehog. I can tell you used a lot of the line/curve tool, which I wouldn't suggest. Try remaking the whole thing, smaller. The hands would be good, but the fingers are too small and the thumbs are too big. The worst part I'd have to say though is the eyes. The shape is too flat and the pupils are horrid The hair is terrible and has no shape to it, and the ears are facing too far to the side. Also the stomach circle is too small.

Guys, I think you're actually being harsh. It's hard to make a werehog, and this one is a hell of a lot better than any other attempt I've seen. But for the love of god, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SHRINK IT!!!!!

fawfulfan said:
But for the love of god, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SHRINK IT!!!!!

Do you not get the "Hi-Res" concept? I've heard enough of this "PLZ SHRINK IT!!!"

I'm going to Hi-Res, and that's final.

Just because it is "better" then any other attempt at a werehog doesn't mean it needs improvement. Even if you hi-res that sprite, it will still be too large for the game. If you really are set on trying to do hi-res, then make it about twice as large as sonic. Right now, it is more then twice his size, and therefore would look too large in the game.

I suggest that you would take Chrispy's advice, since he has good advice for what needs improvement. The shape is what needs the most fixing, not shading. If you can't make the shape look right, then the shading isn't going to help much on that issue.

Hyper, I think you just won the topic.

Scizor, I think you may need to redo the whole wad. And make it similar to H Y P E R's wad.

Yes, please listen to Chrispy's advice (He is pretty good with spriting, after all) and try to make it close to Hyper's. I'm not going to list what everyone else is saying what's wrong, and the Hi-Res thing isn't going to work. It doesn't matter how "HD" it is, it's too damn big for SRB2.

Srb2kirbyo, I was meaning HYPER. I think he complained once about a SonicRE recolour when he was doing the exact same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back