a Loop wad, THAT WORKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame

WR 102
DOWNLOAD HERE:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/k2dm8w

and i know you wont download without a Pic... So heres one i just made :mrgreen:

Old loop:
omgloop7ho.png

New loop:
newestloop3of.png

to use the "Loop" you have to use the lightdash button (it may stop doing the loop sometimes, but when you see that, press the lightdash button quickly!) <-- PROBLEM FIXED!

also there are conveyor belts that you can ride to get downward and closer to the end of the level

Nice simulation loop. I'd been suggesting this in IRC for a while. Glad someone used a loop in a wad. Though, there should realy be a better way to pull it off... Other than the lightdash I mean...

Zeshiro said:
Nice simulation loop. I'd been suggesting this in IRC for a while. Glad someone used a loop in a wad. Though, there should realy be a better way to pull it off... Other than the lightdash I mean...

well i made it 2D like so it'd be more like a sega genisis game (cant beat the classics :mrgreen: ) but the lightdash/homing/convear belts are an exeption...

and if there was a better way to pull it off... people would need to make diffrent angles of Sonics sprites and make a code that'll let you be able to walk up walls or something from a set of stairs like that (for a short time) and be able to walk on the celing :eek: , but i know that cant be possible

(and thanks too :mrgreen: )

The rings near the top are too far down. Make them go higher. Also, those stupid conveyors don't always work like they should. Make them longer.

The loop is useless, but the 2D level built around it is kinda interesting. You should continue it as an extra level (but do something about the conveyers..).

It looks nice, but the loop is not really even a loop. It is simply a trail of rings that go in a circle and are lightdashed.

FoxBlitzz said:
The rings near the top are too far down. Make them go higher. Also, those stupid conveyors don't always work like they should. Make them longer.

if i make them longer, then you'll fly off the map when you go to the 2nd conveyor belt, and you'll land in the watery death pit, you'll just have to dash/run into the conveyors cause when i tested them, it worked every time

(also hyper tails, i'll get around to fixing the rings :D)

Umm... yeah. First time I played the level, I RAN into the conveyor, and I went too fast, so I flew off the right. It seems that they don't work properly unless I go very slow and just barely touch the conveyor.

FoxBlitzz said:
Umm... yeah. First time I played the level, I RAN into the conveyor, and I went too fast, so I flew off the right. It seems that they don't work properly unless I go very slow and just barely touch the conveyor.

i tested it, but you can run full speed into the conveyor, but the conveyor's will push you automatically, try to center yourself on the Conveyor... or i may put a "impassible" linedef that stops you so you wont fall off the edge

Update: IM REMAKING THE LOOP, to make it seem... more... Round...

UPDATE:
here is what the new Loop wad is going to look like once i finish making it and adding the rings and stuff

omgnewloop0dz.png

the loop may seem offset... thats because i took it from an angle

Wow that is great!

The loop is awsome. But the conveyer belts dont stop you. You can you fly right into the water if your going to fast. Maybe those could be dash pannels instead

v.g.m. said:
Maybe those could be dash pannels instead

i tried dash pannels... but those are worse... they kep dashing you untill you jump into the water

and if im not going to use impassible line defs... what should i use?

NEW DOWNLOAD LINK:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mspobi

this one has a better... more Rounded loop... and i had to go through tons of tests with the rings... i did the best i can to make them go around the loop...

Conveyor belts are fixed... they go slower though to not mess up the 2nd boost pad

ENJOY! :mrgreen:

any bugs/errors you find... please tell me, i can fix them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back