Status
Not open for further replies.
God. how could you people even consider this good? He over-used the pop-up turrets, and the same textures are used all over the level and those flames don't look like they were used rightly either.

Okay, WTF is with the end? It is IMPOSSIBLE to go Super due to ring loss at the very end of the level, because the floor seems to be a death trap!

As well, the level is too linear. You should give us a chance to explore. As well, you over-used the crawlas, the interactive Shadow does nothing, the flames are too generic and should be more spaced out, the textures kill my eyes and the first spring isn't needed.

camo man said:
KingofFlames said:
By not rightly used, I mean they were just randomly placed in a line.
They weren't randomly placed in a line, it wad supposed to look like something had caught on fire. I personally think that this is a kind crappy level even though I started mapping this morning.

Try changeing the textures to be less bright, remove a few of the enemies (and space them out), add a few more corridors (as well as widen all of them), put the emeralds in secret areas that you have to actually explore to find ways into (as well as possibly put them in places where you've got to break the walls down), make Shadow more useful and fix the floor at the end.

Also, add a space section where you have to go as Super Sonic, possibly with floating platforms and and random walls for those that like to use Tails or Knuckles.

sontails said:
I think you should use srb2fhh.Could you?Because sendspace stays on a screen like nothing. :cry:
Although you're right that he should use that, I found the link quite easily. I't's in the exact middle of the page if you scroll down a little.

camo man said:
TimberWolf said:
camo man said:
KingofFlames said:
By not rightly used, I mean they were just randomly placed in a line.
They weren't randomly placed in a line, it wad supposed to look like something had caught on fire. I personally think that this is a kind crappy level even though I started mapping this morning.

Try changeing the textures to be less bright, remove a few of the enemies (and space them out), add a few more corridors (as well as widen all of them), put the emeralds in secret areas that you have to actually explore to find ways into (as well as possibly put them in places where you've got to break the walls down), make Shadow more useful and fix the floor at the end.

Also, add a space section where you have to go as Super Sonic, possibly with floating platforms and and random walls for those that like to use Tails or Knuckles.
Okay I will.
I would like to thank all of you for your coments, they will help me become a better level wader in the long run.
No problem. I'll be looking forward to the next version of the wad.

I'm dying here! Too........many................unclosed...........sectors. Too.................many............chaos...........emeralds. Too.........many................enemies.

Seriously:
1) Why do newbs always delete a linedef, thinking that it's not supposed to be there and they've "cleaned up". Folks, only delete stray linedefs, and never create stray linedefs. It makes your level look awful.
2)Make your chaos emeralds either A)Harder to get or B)Nonexistant.
3)I had a harder time killing the enemies when they were seperate than clumped. Delete every other enemy, keeping them evenly spaced.

camo man said:
BlueZero4 said:
I'm dying here! Too........many................unclosed...........sectors. Too.................many............chaos...........emeralds. Too.........many................enemies.

Seriously:
1) Why do newbs always delete a linedef, thinking that it's not supposed to be there and they've "cleaned up". Folks, only delete stray linedefs, and never create stray linedefs. It makes your level look awful.
3)I had a harder time killing the enemies when they were seperate than clumped. Delete every other enemy, keeping them evenly spaced.
Most of this is fixed (not all sectors are closed in new version) in the new version.
Just wondering (not wanting to rush you or anything, or sounding impatient) but when is the next version gonna be available? Or is it in the first post?

camo man said:
TimberWolf said:
camo man said:
BlueZero4 said:

Seriously:
Most of this is fixed (not all sectors are closed in new version) in the new version.
Just wondering (not wanting to rush you or anything, or sounding impatient) but when is the next version gonna be available? Or is it in the first post?
I hope it's gonna be out soon, I;ve finsihed the design of the level (I totally started from scratch) but it's having texture errors.
Okay. At least you're working on it. DO your best and keep trying, but don't give up.

Are all those quotes really neccesary? Its not as if the post is on a different page.

Also about the level. I really liked the placing of the Detton. It really did surprise me and was the one of the two times in the level i got hurt (Those pop up towers are a bit cheap though)

With some more dirty tricks that are avoidable like the Detton though i think this could be a rather challenging and fun map.

Umm, camo man, if you use Doom Builder, go under tools and select "Find Map errors". Make sure "Missing textures" is checked.

From the top:

Sectors, to my understanding, don't necessarily assign themselves to linedefs and points. When sectors are unclosed, they still occupy the same space. However, the linedef that should've been in existance to provide the textures needed probably was deleted. Therefore, the missing texture can't show up, because your linedef is gone.

In other words, never delete a linedef unless you are sure of what you are doing.

A rather complicated solution is to draw a linedef in where one was and check (playtest) to see if it worked. If the lineddef still doesn't work, make the font and back sidedefs the sectors on the respective side. (Sector : ___ ) And if you are still having a problem, create a sector around the problem linedef (or lack there of) and delete it. The selected area should be hollow. Now, using the vertices mode, carefully reconstruct what was supposed to be there, carefully creating and dragging veritices when necessary. And if you still can't fix it, I'd be happy to take a crack at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back