2012: The Year The Internet Ends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why pay for google if it's useless since you won't be able to access 99% of results without paying extra? >_>

I highly doubt anything like this will ever go ahead, the internet would be useless to 90% of customers, so ISPs everywhere would have to kiss their money good bye.

Please note that at least one ISP is bound to stay out of this, since they will be that one alternative, that one fair alternative, so if every other ISP in the world switches over, they will be there as the one ISP everyone wants to use, their income would be huge and all the other ISPs would soon realise their mistake and stop this. Result? Back to normal.

The Mayan's calender dosen't say 2012 = doomsmonth, it says it's a great cosmic alignment. Something to do with moving into the other hemisphere of the Milky Way. Maybe a few bugs with electromagnetic equipment, but the only real chance of the world ending is the sheer amount of chaos caused by morons believing that crap, and thinking December 21st 2012 is the end of the world.

Anyways, I can not see this going anywhere good for those heartless corporations. As these articles are saying, limiting the existance of the internet like this is effectively destroying the internet. Destroy the internet, and suddenly it's not worth nearly as much.

Besides that, I can see a lawyer arguing this as a monopoly plot. There are just so many ways it could fail.

I don't mean to start an argument or go off topic or whatever, but there's more proof than just the Mayan calender stopping at 2012. I believe the most reasonable reason was that a computer program was built to detect nature disasters and it said like there would be a sudden rise in those december 21st 2012.

Draykon said:
The Mayan's calender dosen't say 2012 = doomsmonth, it says it's a great cosmic alignment.

Did you know the Sun has an orbit of its own? Yeah, in 2004 I believe, five planets were aligned. Do you know what it did? It pulled fiercely on the Sun and pushed it out of its orbit slightly. Now, it really wasn't much on a cosmic scale, but on our scale, if more than five planets align (along with moons and etc.), we're doomed. Now, this is VERY rare, and I doubt this would happen, but isn't it odd that the Mayan's calendar predicts a great cosmic alignment? Also, doesn't the Mayan calendar end December 21, 2012? Also, you should do some research on the heliosphere, because if we are moving into another hemisphere of the Milky Way...

Ash said:
2012 is the year our entire world ends.

Yeah, THAT's nice. Why am I put here on earth when I'm going to die when I'm 17?!? D:

And About the Topic: Government at this point FAILS. Why? I don't want to PAY for doing what I might do on my computer in 4 years (Unless it's somthing I HAVE to pay for in thew 1st place, and if i'm still ALIVE)! >> That's just scandalism. D: Why would they do this?

I don't know why I decided to post here but this topic......

Makes me Sad Faec *shot by AkumaTH*

Please.... lets just stop the talk about the world ending.

*ahem*

I know this post wasn't very smart to post but I just want this madness to end.

All I have to say is...

Just wait and see what happens.

SilverESP said:
2012 is a religious thing, and some people are interested in this. You don't have any right to make anyone not talk about this.

Karuno said:
SilverESP said:
2012 is a religious thing. You don't have any right to make anyone not talk about this.

Nononono I'm not trying to go there.

I'm just saying that in my opinion that discussion of that has gone too far since I hear of it everyday.

Now before I cause any trouble here I might as well leave this topic as I have said what I needed to say.

Hyper Shadic X said:
still ALIVE
The cake is a l-*shot*

Hyper Shadic X said:
Ash said:
2012 is the year our entire world ends.

Yeah, THAT's nice. Why am I put here on earth when I'm going to die when I'm 17?!? D:

And About the Topic: Government at this point FAILS. Why? I don't want to PAY for doing what I might do on my computer in 4 years (Unless it's somthing I HAVE to pay for in thew 1st place, and if i'm still ALIVE)! >> That's just scandalism. D: Why would they do this?
If the world ends in 2012 I'll be 18, old enough to play Half-Life 4 ^_~
If the world doesn't end in 2012, A LOT of people will look stupid, personally i would treat every day as if it were my last instead.
I feel a lock is going to hit this topic.

Yeah, Cue's right. Google's useless if this happens. It won't guys. It just won't. Maybe for a week, a month, no more than that.

How are we even sure that the world will end? I mean does it say that the world will end?
It was something an ancient nation wrote. Is there anything that said the world will end before 2008? If so then we either dodged it or they were wrong about the end of the world. So, HOW ARE WE SURE?

Jacy said:
How are we even sure that the world will end? I mean does it say that the world will end?
It was something an ancient nation wrote. Is there anything that said the world will end before 2008? If so then we either dodged it or they were wrong about the end of the world. So, HOW ARE WE SURE?

....And thats that point I'm trying to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back