2.1: It's happening! Release details!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes 2 weeks it is short but as my Holiday's are finished Monday I would have school when the 2.1 leaves what irritates me a little because I will not be able to play there

Oh...I, hmm...This wad scares me... I mean, I like the fact that Knux taunt would be laughing (Prior to sonic 3), but ain't it just all? I prefer the 2.0 Knux because it adopts the style of Sonic and Tails. He doesn't have to be chuckling. Bah, Whatever. Futur shall tell if yes or not, Chuckles be the next Knux.

Thanks for the link.

Never someone has shat so much on my work.

As a longtime SRB2 fan, and a knuckles fan, I'm fine either way. :P

Chuckles is a REALLY nice character wad, but I don't mind if it stays as an external mod character.

I mean, he doesn't exactly fit super well with the Sonic and Tails Sprites, despite being really nice looking.

He fits perfectly fine. He just doesn't have the stupid grey and brown dirty pixels that everyone talks about.

He fits perfectly fine. He just doesn't have the stupid grey and brown dirty pixels that everyone talks about.

Which could easily be fixed on Tails and Sonic by slowly updating their look over the course of releases as well, or just simply re-shading them.

<MotorRoach> Are you playing with my Chuckles in 2.1?
<Prime_2> Chuckles is knuckles in 2.1 full stop, dude
<Inuyasha> [image below]

chuckles.png

<D00D64-X> so
<D00D64-X> permission to post this in the 2.1 topic?
<Badz> No D00D64-X
<D00D64-X> too bad

knock knock its chuckles

<Inuyasha> I have a problem with chuckles
<Inuyasha> he chuckles at me on the continue screen
<Inuyasha> for playing so badly ;~;
<CyanRyan> unlike sonic
Chuckles was removed seconds later because the devs thought his chuckling at your continues was a tad inappropriate.

Chuckles was removed seconds later because the devs thought his chuckling at your continues was a tad inappropriate.

D00D64's post made 213546765 people so happy. Your post makes the Heavy sad.

204512-header.jpg

See This? This heart-breaking news makes him and almost everyone one of us terribly sad.

Last edited:
Apparently I'm one of the only ones, but I don't like Chuckles. I don't like the big gap in the center of his head in his running and gliding animations. Sure, it's "better" than SRB2's way of not having Knuckles's quills move at all, but it looks worse to me. There's gotta be a happy medium...

Never someone has shat so much on my work.

D'ho...Hmm...I did not meant it was baddly done. I just prefer the old-fashioned one. No offence?

D'aww poor Heavy. At least he'll be able to test out the game with all the others.

I'll be off to sleep and I'll be dead hoping to see an update in the News about the release of the game.

The reason why people are against Chuckles's inclusion in 2.1 is simple: Knuckles, unlike Sonic, would rather flex his muscles.

The reason why people are against Chuckles's inclusion in 2.1 is simple: Knuckles, unlike Sonic, would rather flex his muscles.

Theme songs puns aside, Chuckles should be the 2.1 Knuckles. But since there's a small amounts of people who don't think that Chuckles fits as the 2.1 Knuckles, it's not very possible that our Good-ol' Chucklehead can make it into 2.1. Either way (Incoming: BAD PUN) It Doesn't Matter ~

On the topic of Chuckles' sprites, I'm generally fine with them, but I agree with Unknownlight that the positions of his quills can look awkward sometimes. If I had to recommend a better way to handle them, I would suggest modeling them after Knuckles' SRB2Riders sprites, which look to me like a pretty happy medium between 2.0 Knuckles and Chuckles.

A happy medium, to be frank, is bullshit because it's a downgrade. Chuckles fits the style fine, and I'm still convinced people are just yet again scared that he's different and actually sprited from the ground up. He actually fits the style MORE than Chrispy's when put side by side.

and I'm still convinced people are just yet again scared that he's different and actually sprited from the ground up.

You may be convinced, but you're wrong. I can assure you that I legitamately do not like the aesthetic designs of Chuckles's running and gliding animations. Seeing how both of those are the most common things you see when playing as Knuckles, it causes me to not like the WAD as a whole, even though I like many of the other animations (and sprites in general)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back