1.09.3 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
A custom NiGHTS axis defines the size of the individual axis.

See, there are 512 axes, 1024 axes, and 2048 axes. A combination of those types of axes make a track. A custom axis allows you to define any size other than those three.

Draykon said:
Another new version? When will it end?!!? Oh wait, I don't want it to end.

I think you do. If it ends, it's done. And when's it's done, the final version is released. And we all know how much we want that. :roll:

No, he means, it's still fugly as in it's still that same shitty sprite they've used for the past 3 years.

Sonic and Tails get nice treatment while Knuckles must look like a pile of dog crap? Not nice. >_>

To respond to Lostgame: I think they're lazy. They could at least use that Knuckles recolor that can colorchange properly and looks ever so slightly better.

SSN! It's May 29! You're gonna hafta get 1.09.4 out in the next 2 days!

EDIT:

Awzomeful! No more OGL crashes! I never actually had any, but now it probably won't bug me about it anymore! Now, when does Hyper mode and the black emerald making the emerald collect sound and actually functioning get back in?

FSX said:
To respond to Lostgame: I think they're lazy. They could at least use that Knuckles recolor that can colorchange properly and looks ever so slightly better.

SSN! It's May 29! You're gonna hafta get 1.09.4 out in the next 2 days!

Mystic said:
Honestly, the game emulated the most in SRB2 is actually Sonic the Hedgehog 2. In Sonic 2, they made a very conscious decision to give Sonic a super form, and Tails got nothing. However, Super Sonic was very popular, so they expanded it a lot with Sonic 3K, giving every character a Super form and honestly, going far overboard, with Hyper forms, the whole nine yards.

That's just lame. All of the new forms were palette switches of the other characters, with Super Sneakers and Invincibility tacked on, as well as incredibly repetitive music that makes me keep a shield on all emerald saves to this day. None of them were anywhere near as downright "cool" as Super Sonic was, and honestly, we don't need lame palette switches in SRB2.

There is the reason why Super Tails/Super Knuckles/Hyper Sonic/Hyper Knuckles aren't in the game, in a nutshell. They just aren't that interesting.

Also, ust because SSNTails said 1.09.4 would be out sometime in May doesn't it WILL be out in May.

Also, you forgot to change the Sonics in your avatar(I didn't notice it was 1.09.3.10 til I barely saw the 10).

I think the allowed jump height should be increased for floating characters; like Super Sonic's floating. (maybe 200?)

In SRB2JTE, Shadow and Zeshiro Chaos Controls, Metal Sonic doesn't jump, he flies and Super Sonic floats. Where's HMS in this?

GCFreak said:
In SRB2JTE, Shadow and Zeshiro Chaos Controls, Metal Sonic doesn't jump, he flies and Super Sonic floats. Where's HMS in this?

Do you really think that wad is gonna be in SRB2JTE?

1: The mod still needs to get updated
2: HMS in a good mod? Please, Hyper Mystic Sonic is a Super Sonic recolor, so I wouldn't think JTE would do that.
3: HMS already has his own ability. In SMS blast 2

How about superability?

Example: You make a character wad that uses glide(no climb), and when he's super, he can fly like Tails. This could make pretty creative combo's in character wads, and it shouldn't be hard to make as well!

It seems like half these updates are just "security" fixes to make it harder to cheat. For the people who genuinely want to develop on SRB2's base, like me, you haven't got the slightest how much of a pain in the ass this is.

Not only are we not getting anything new, but it's ruining compatibility and multiplayer support.

>_>

Super mystic sonic said:
How about superability?

Example: You make a character wad that uses glide(no climb), and when he's super, he can fly like Tails. This could make pretty creative combo's in character wads, and it shouldn't be hard to make as well!

Uh dude, they were reluctant enough to give a standard way of going superform, I don't think they're going to do anything to make climb/glide,fly,glide,float,and doublejump supers more powerfull.

Lostgame said:
It seems like half these updates are just "security" fixes to make it harder to cheat. For the people who genuinely want to develop on SRB2's base, like me, you haven't got the slightest how much of a pain in the ass this is.

Not only are we not getting anything new, but it's ruining compatibility and multiplayer support.

>_>
1.09.3.8 had curcuit, which more than makes up for the trillions of updates. =P

Lostgame said:

>_>

I both agree and disagree here.

There's been TONS of fun things added and removed. A lot of fun is gone, but the new stuff makes up for that.

OWNAGE:
- Knuckles is now better
- New character abilities, who doesn't want that?
- A circuit mode.
- Everything is more stable
- A real Super Sonic! YEAH!!
- Sonic runs faster.....FINNALLYY!!!

SUCKAGE:
- noresetplayers removed. That'll effect netgames and multiplayer a lot (negative)
- multi-glide gone. What reason to play as the weak Knux now?
- multi-thok gone....now its just a damn speed boost.
- some extra stuff gone that could be used to mess around with a bit
- support for lots of mods and wads gone.
- multiplayer only relies on match now. Fun factor for other modes is gone.

The rest is just extra junk nobody will ever care about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back