1.09.3 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
SSNTails said:
This is a public beta to the good people of this messageboard.

The "Final 1.09.3" will be v1.09.4, which will come out sometime in May.

I think that needs to be changed to reflect current times. :wink:

I heard from AJ that the next release will be an early version of 1.09.4, so let's keep our hopes up. :P

Welcome to being a developer. You people all request betas all the time, but then when you actually get to be on the inside, you all complain. Now you know how beta testing REALLY is X_X

It's always been this bad for me whenever there is active development. Several EXE files in a day. Does it work on this one? No. Does it work on this one? No. Does it work on this one? Well, it doesn't crash, but it shouldn't do this. Does it work on this one? Mostly, but it still needs this. Does it work on this one? Yes.

In fact, I've gone through MANY, MANY more 1.09.3.X EXEs than we release. We went through like 3-4 today. I honestly don't see why this is confusing, anyhow. You patch the 1092to1093 EXE. You extract ZIPs. What's complicated here?

Nothing. People are just too damn lazy to upgrade. I still have 1.09.3.8 because my internet went down a week ago.

Mystic said:
It's always been this bad for me whenever there is active development. Several EXE files in a day. Does it work on this one? No. Does it work on this one? No. Does it work on this one? Well, it doesn't crash, but it shouldn't do this. Does it work on this one? Mostly, but it still needs this. Does it work on this one? Yes.

In fact, I've gone through MANY, MANY more 1.09.3.X EXEs than we release. We went through like 3-4 today. I honestly don't see why this is confusing, anyhow. You patch the 1092to1093 EXE. You extract ZIPs. What's complicated here?

The amount of betas you have?

"Oh jeez, what was this beta again? Was the one with...no it was this one. No wait, maybe it was that one, or perhaps this one....does this have that thing in it, or does this have the other thing?"

Yeah. That's very simple.

Well if the latest is .17 I doubt you can get it confused with others like .8, or .2, unless you have trouble memorizing numbers or are just a moron.

Point is, if the game was finished, there would be no need for betas. The whole point is to catch bugs as they show up. It's easier to fix a version with a single problem every few versions, than to wait for later ones and have to fix a thousand errors.

-EDIT- Note what happens when you do that. *looks at the first post in this topic*

proooooooooooooblemo

I got a problem. whenever I go to join server(search) on multiplayer, my computer always freezes!What's up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back