SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Old 04-06-2010   #1901
chi.miru
Developer

Linked portals which draws the target room on a linedef. (might have been said before, not sure)
chi.miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #1902
MechaS3K
NEVAR FORGET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac View Post
Linked portals which draws the target room on a linedef. (might have been said before, not sure)
I suggested it actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaS3K View Post
A linedef type that renders the viewpoint of an area as its texture

A "security camera" thing that marks the viewpoint for use with said linedef type.
DECORATE is the language of people who don't know how to program.
MechaS3K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010   #1903
chi.miru
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaS3K View Post
I suggested it actually.
Oh sorry for that, I guess I need to look more often...
chi.miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010   #1904
Autosaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyasarin View Post
Do we have to add onto a feature that isn't supported anymore?
If you want this feature, just do it yourself.
Well... easier said then done. Maybe if we had a person with a brain to do it?
Autosaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010   #1905
Srb2kirbyo
Goes by Kirboy in netgames

Umm, I think that is the point about it Autosaver. If you want so badly, learn to do it yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TysonTheHedgeHog
A Voting system ( Such as voting for maps, gametypes or even kicks/bans )
I can understand maps and gametypes, but don't you think the server should control kick/bans?
Plus make a voting script like what I did. Use color coded script. E.g. Purple = coop, Red = Team match etc.
[Lumo]my ipod is flawle-
-----
[Lumo] Sorry ipod froze there.
Srb2kirbyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010   #1906
Inazuma
likes to assault raccoons
Judge

Well, Im'a revive my suggestions *Hopefully one of you devs will see this :\). Well here are my suggestions...
Ability = 6 (Glide/No climb)
Ability = 7 (Wall Jump)
Ability = 8 (Thok/Wall Jump (Thoking to a wall makes you stick too it).
Ability = 8 (Glide/Wall Jump (Gliding to a wall makes you stick too it).

SuperAbility = 0 (Super Sonic Glide)
SuperAbility = 1 (Infinite Ability (Ex. Infinite Tails Flight)
SuperAbility = 2 (Multi Ability)
SuperAbility = 3 (Berserk (Able to use all superability + use special shield that has all the shields mixed together.(I hope people know that this one is a joke)

Jump = 0 (Regular spin)
Jump = 1 (No Spin Jump)
Jump = 2 (Spin, than fall animations)
Jump = 3 (Springing Up animations, than spin)
Jump = 4 (None (Just Standing, walking, or running sprites.

RingslingerItem please >.<

Ability to edit the ring sound that is SEPARATE from the thok sound and able to edit the redring without replacing regular redring (Only character with edit redring will use it).

CSAY Caps please!
And Kick reasons too!

Bring back the color black by switching it with lavender. :\

SpinAbility = 0 (NormalSpin)
SpinAbility = 1 (Melee (Unable to move but any enemy near will get hurt)
SpinAbility = 2 (PeelOut)
SpinAbility = 3 (Dig)

Also, I would like it if we could chose what sprites we want for the ability for characters instead of just using spin or special animations.

AbilityType = 0 (Spin)
AbilityType = 1 (Special Animations)
AbilityType = 2 (Spring Up/ Falling sprites)

Return of supercolor please!
SuperForms in SP and COOP Please! >.<
Sounds from thok are separate from ring toss.
Also,
AbilityGhostItem = (When 0, the ability will have no Ghost thok (Like that blue blob that appears when sonic thoks) and when set to 1, the blob will apear (Ex. when a flying character flys, the ghost thing appears whenever he/she starts flying).

I like Tyson's voting system idea and maybe you guys can put it as this --> (/vote match. Then a note will pop up to the server and if the server says ok, there will be a csay saying that there is a voting and if you want match, type in the console /voteanswer yes.)

Also, I think there should be a type of character thing that allows you to pick what type of character is it.
Ex. CharType = 0 (A regular character. It needs air so it can't breath in space or water so it will have the time. It can also do water skipping when spinning.)
CharType = 1 (A metal type character like metal sonic. It dosn't need air so it won't have the time. It can be able to run on water but also, since it's metal, whenever it jumps, it will fall faster than regular character, and it won't change height when jumping in water or space.)
CharType = 2 (A character similar to Super Sonic. It will need air so then you would still die in space and water. It can also be able to run on water.)

Well thats pretty much it... :U

Last edited by Inazuma; 04-11-2010 at 09:21 PM.
Inazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010   #1907
Chrispy

Bot = 1
To be used for characters such as Metal Sonic. Robots, obviously

Pros:
Higher Jump
Faster Run
Run on water
No space/water counter

Cons:
Can't turn super in match
No ability
No weapon rings
Old 04-12-2010   #1908
Ice
Pretty chill guy

-Make music return to where it left off after collecting a 1up
-Speed up the music when speedy shoes are collected.

Srsly, I've avoided these items before because I was enjoying the music so much.
Old 04-12-2010   #1909
123 Runite
Wait for it... *BANG*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post
-Speed up the music when speedy shoes are collected.
We got this already via level header command, SPEEDMUSIC, although it is buggy in the current version (v.2.0.4).

I have not checked if this has been suggested already, but, there should be a way for a designer to determine the direction the player faces when going through upwards/downwards current/wind. It seems that every time, the angle is 0 degrees, relative to the x-axis.

By the way, I do not have the time to search for an answer to this, but, is there any way for SRB2 to increase the downloading rate for getting files from servers? An average rate of 50 KB/S is pretty slow, especially when you are able to download at much faster speeds than that. I do not see why you are restricted to downloading at that average speed.

The large, "epic" single player level, Oceanic Cove Zone is released here. I humbly encourage you to view it. If you've played through it, please get comments going! This will help me. Thanks.

Last edited by 123 Runite; 04-12-2010 at 06:39 AM.
123 Runite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010   #1910
Fred
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
No weapon rings
Are you actually serious.

Please play a game of SRB2 match to understand why weapon rings can't be disabled for a single player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 Runite View Post
By the way, I do not have the time to search for an answer to this, but, is there any way for SRB2 to increase the downloading rate for getting files from servers? An average rate of 50 KB/S is pretty slow, especially when you are able to download at much faster speeds than that. I do not see why you are restricted to downloading at that average speed.
There is a command line parameter which controls this. I do not remember what it is, and I'm not even sure if it works properly. Is there any reason why it's not dynamic, or at least higher?
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010   #1911
Senku Niola
Drifting Golden Swordsman

-bandwidth: defaults at I believe 20000 and SHOULD be 500000 or something....
Senku Niola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010   #1912
Fawfulfan
The Tortured Planet guy

Here are some ideas for extra weapons in Match and CTF Mode:

Random Ring: When you collect this, it randomly awards you one of the other weapons. Checking the "Object Special" flag will turn it into a Strong Random Ring; otherwise, it is a Weak Random Ring.

Magnet Ring: If it makes contact with a player, it'll bind to them and start a 20 second countdown. At the end of the countdown, the player automatically loses all rings and items, and those rings and items disappear immediately. During the countdown, however, the player can transfer it to another player by hitting them.

Arrow Ring: This ring can pass through a player. If you've got a multiple player shot lined up (which is admittedly very rare, but by no means impossible), you can hit all of them with a single shot. It travels faster than an ordinary ring, but slower than a Rail Ring.
Old 04-21-2010   #1913
Prime 2.0
Grape flavored
Administrator

Some SOC modifications for A_FireShot/superfireshot and A_ToggleFlameJet:

You can already alter Z displacement for A_FireShot; how about being able to also alter left to right displacement, and forward/backward displacement using the upper 16 bits? It would be great to be able to break free from the set configurations of A_BossFireShot.

A_ToggleFlameJet used to also be able to set that old Eggslimer jetfume. I think that this functionality should be brought back, along with one for the old GFZmobile configuration. You could toss the new sprites into the existing jetfume sprite set so it doesn't break anything, after all.

Next, steal or recreate A_RailRing from ShufflaRB2:

Code:
A_RailRing
//Fires a hitscan projectile
VAR1 = object type to fire(redring in normal rail rings)
VAR1 upper 16 bits = Firing SFX
VAR2 = "trail" object type(ring sparkle in normal rail rings)
VAR2 upper 16 bits = Projectile impact SFX
//SFX variables will use -1 for fired object's seesound,
//-2 for attacksound, -3 for painsound, -4 for deathsound,
//-5 for activesound and -6 for no sound at all
And lastly, a suggestion for a new SOC action: A_SetIDVar.

Spoiler: detailed explanation
Currently, you can have an object keep track of up to two other objects by assigning Target and Tracer. Actions such as A_CapeChase and A_RemoteAction can use these to designate what your object acts upon, and as such it is immensely useful for making stable systems of communication between objects.

It's also incredibly unreliable. Target and Tracer were made for completely different reasons, and the game will wipe either of them under many different circumstances, many of which the scripter/mapper will not be able to control. Long range communication using just SOC actions is impossible. Furthermore, only being able to keep track of two objects at a time(one of which the "actor" object will have to be facing because of how target works) is highly restrictive.

So, the proposal here is for an action that works like A_FindTarget and A_FindTracer, but which also has a variable for setting a "slot". Slot 0 would be target, slot 1 would be tracer, and every slot after that would be a custom IDVar that only A_SetIDVar could alter. Any actions that ask you to specify whether to use target or tracer such as A_RemoteAction would be modified to be able to select from any IDVar. In this way, not only is the harsh restriction of how many things any one object can keep track of removed, but the scripter is now afforded a way to do so that is stable and that can work over long distances.

Code:
A_SetIDVar
//Assigns an ID Variable for the actor object to keep track of.
VAR1 = Object type to search for(uses nearest)
VAR2 = IDVar to assign to
//In Var2, 0 is target and 1 is tracer. 2 and everything after 
//are "stable" IDVars and can only be modified with this action.
Science tells us that nothing can be proven, only rendered more likely to be true. If we do not question what we already know, how can we know, much less admit, when we're wrong? Such things are vital to progress.

Last edited by Prime 2.0; 04-21-2010 at 06:31 AM.
Prime 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010   #1914
Blade
ANNIHILATE.
Developer

Speaking of soc actions, Morphed's soc actions from his exe mod would be cool. They allowed alot of flexibility for bosses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawfulfan
Linedef Type 451 - Linedef Executor: Make Level 20% Cooler!
Quote:
Blade was hit by Inuyasha.
<Blade> osuwari
Inuyasha is no longer super.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #1915
Mr. Mystery

- Since there's already a water-borne bomb-dropping badnik, make Jettysyn Bombers and Gunners unable to chase you into water. (If pinned to a cieling by a water block or otherwise swept into one, they should either short out and selfdestruct or lose engine power and plummet helplessly like a rock. Whichever is funnier.) Also, I second whoever suggested that Crawla Commanders should be able to evade characters charging up a spindash.

- Set a 70-or-more Rings on hand requirement for Emerald Tokens before they will activate at the end of a level - if you finish with less than 70 then the token(s) are wasted. (given the abundancy of rings, the usual 50 seems too low.) This is the kind of element of challenge the tokens need because at this stage they're not much more than a formality to grab.

-- In co-op, if the above can be made to check only the ring count of the player who took the token, this might work. In case of kicks/timeouts, the token (and the ring check) could shift to the next/previous player node automatically (a console command could be used to set or disable the token-shifting behavior).
[16:44] <Mystic> actually, Deep Sea is filled with the tears of kids banned from the forums

Last edited by Mr. Mystery; 04-22-2010 at 12:24 AM.
Mr. Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #1916
darkbob1713
I hate this username :(

Show emerald tokens that belong to players in the TAB screen? (Like emeralds)
<SirCoat> what does that have to do with you hangouting
<SirCoat> ...
<Streakster The Fox> um this is a hangout
darkbob1713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010   #1917
Spherallic
a.k.a. sphere
Developer

Trigger Linedef Executor - CTF Red/Blue Flag - Once/Continuous/Each Time

Basically, a linedef trigger that activates when the red/blue flag is inside the tagged sector. This could be used for changing the enviroment when the flag is captured, for example.
Old 04-23-2010   #1918
MechaS3K
NEVAR FORGET

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawfulfan View Post
Here are some ideas for extra weapons in Match and CTF Mode:

Random Ring: When you collect this, it randomly awards you one of the other weapons. Checking the "Object Special" flag will turn it into a Strong Random Ring; otherwise, it is a Weak Random Ring.

Magnet Ring: If it makes contact with a player, it'll bind to them and start a 20 second countdown. At the end of the countdown, the player automatically loses all rings and items, and those rings and items disappear immediately. During the countdown, however, the player can transfer it to another player by hitting them.

Arrow Ring: This ring can pass through a player. If you've got a multiple player shot lined up (which is admittedly very rare, but by no means impossible), you can hit all of them with a single shot. It travels faster than an ordinary ring, but slower than a Rail Ring.

1. That's a good idea actually. It would take some getting used to though.
2. I already suggested a Supervirus Tag mode.
3. Great idea! Heck, you could probably make it in a SOC if you really wanted to.
DECORATE is the language of people who don't know how to program.
MechaS3K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010   #1919
DS # 1
One Rude Dewd.

Off topic: Where/How can I make/find a music pack? Whatever D00D64 said waaaaay back last September...
OT: Melee move(s) to conserve rings? Cool...
Old 04-23-2010   #1920
Wombatwarlord777
"...What?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS # 1 View Post
OT: Melee move(s) to conserve rings? Cool...
That kinda defeats the purpose of SBR2's multiplayer. Plus, it'll be practically useless.
Wombatwarlord777 is offline   Reply With Quote