Pokemon:Black&White

Status
Not open for further replies.
I´ve heard Chatot is banned because he has some confuse move with 100% accuracy, but I think it would be stupid to ban him just because of it.

I´ve heard Chatot is banned because he has some confuse move with 100% accuracy, but I think it would be stupid to ban him just because of it.
"Confuse Ray"? And he doesn't learn that, I'm pretty sure. A bunch of others do though. Why aren't they banned? o~o

Oh sorry it has accuracy 100% , but it doesnt have to confuse. That move is called Chatter. I´ve never seen that move before, so I don´t know its power. I still don´t think he deserve to be banned just as Rayquaza or Mewtwo.
MetalRawr try to record landing plane and you´ll see what will happen.

Last edited:
since there is already a banned move, Sky Drop.
This could be due to a glitch with it, let's see if I recall what it was...

If one of your Pokemon used Sky Drop and the other Pokemon used Gravity, it will force both Pokemon down. (One that used Sky Drop and the one that was being attacked by Sky Drop.)

Since both Pokemon are in a semi-invulnerable state until the next turn. Gravity forces them down, the one that was being attacked by Sky Drop becomes glitched, meaning that Pokemon will NOT be able to perform a move at all, unless it faints or gets hit with another semi-invulnerable move, such as Fly or Bounce I think.
-----
You know... can someone tell me why Friend Matches are badly restricted? I can understand with Random Matches because it was kinda annoying to run into a person with 6 Dexoys *In PBR, I had this happen to me once.*, but... friend matches? I don't get it...

For those wondering, in the Free Rule, any kind of Pokemon can enter no matter what level, and you can select what kind of battle you want and stuff. However... in the Flat Rule, no Special Pokemon can be used and all Pokemon that are above Lv. 50 will have their level lowered to 50, if you enter with a lower level Pokemon, it stays a low level.

Last edited:
if you enter with a lower level Pokemon, it stays a low level.
This also happened in the Battle Tower in Pearl/Diamond.
It wasn't "fixed" in Platinum.
Neither on HeartGold/SoulSilver.
Seems like Nintendo wants it to be that way, for some reason.

Wait, wait, is Emolga Pachirisu's evolution? I'm just asking because they look so similar and they're both squirrels (Emolga is a flying squirrel).

I finally got Black today.

It wasn't as easy to get it as it sounds either... My mom was one of the ones that fell for the "Pokemon are satanic" myth way back when. I would have figured she had gotten over it by now, and realized how ridiculous it was, but apparently not. Even though she was there when I went into Gamestop to get it, she didn't say anything, despite me telling her what I was getting. Then, I get home, and I sit down to play it, and my smart-alec older brother, just joking around, shouted something along the lines of, "ZOMG MOM YOU LET HIM GET A POKEMON GAME?"
My mom was like "WHAT???"
Anyways, my brother and I had to spend the next 30 minutes convincing her that Pokemon is not satanic, does not have satanic references, and is not all about killing and abusing other animals. She's still not entirely convinced, but after browsing through the entirety of the game manual and not finding what she was looking for, she's not making me take it back.

And yes, if she insisted, I would return it, as I live in her house, and am under her authority. But... Not before enlisting the help of my dad, who would almost assuredly stick up for me.

It being my first Pokemon game to play (excluding MD: Blue Rescue Team), I'm enjoying every little bit of it. :D

To boot, I've done a bit of hacking and got the legendary Trio, and Celebi, so that I can access their events, even though I missed when they were being given away.

Oh god, my Dad was the same. He would go to these websites that had pictures of pokemon with devil ears and eyes. V_V I wasn't able to play Pokemon again until Diamond came out. He just.. stopped caring.

I personally believe that Pokemon, has Jumped the Shark in a sense. I believe that they've begun to go too far with the Number of pokemon, and simply the fact that some of the newer ones aren't as aesthetically appealing. In my sole opinion I think after making "God" making anything else seems like a useless thing.

I've got to admit some of the new pokemon aren't horrible. Purrlion, Snivy, Reshiram, and Zekrom, as well as the Chinchilla one which I cannot recall the name of are great looking, but a large majority of them just blow.

I haven't gotten to play much of it because I'm too lazy to get around the anti-piracy things (the Saving at least), and I don't really feel like buying it at the moment, I'm having cash flow issues, housing issues, and family illnesses, Pokemon has become a moot point, but for me I'll probably stick to Heart Gold, I was waiting for that game for like... 5 years and Kinda wanted it to be my last pokemon game, for a sentimental reason.

Oh god, my Dad was the same. He would go to these websites that had pictures of pokemon with devil ears and eyes. V_V I wasn't able to play Pokemon again until Diamond came out. He just.. stopped caring.

I finally got Black today.

It wasn't as easy to get it as it sounds either... My mom was one of the ones that fell for the "Pokemon are satanic" myth way back when. I would have figured she had gotten over it by now, and realized how ridiculous it was, but apparently not. Even though she was there when I went into Gamestop to get it, she didn't say anything, despite me telling her what I was getting. Then, I get home, and I sit down to play it, and my smart-alec older brother, just joking around, shouted something along the lines of, "ZOMG MOM YOU LET HIM GET A POKEMON GAME?"
My mom was like "WHAT???"
Anyways, my brother and I had to spend the next 30 minutes convincing her that Pokemon is not satanic, does not have satanic references, and is not all about killing and abusing other animals. She's still not entirely convinced, but after browsing through the entirety of the game manual and not finding what she was looking for, she's not making me take it back.

And yes, if she insisted, I would return it, as I live in her house, and am under her authority. But... Not before enlisting the help of my dad, who would almost assuredly stick up for me.

It being my first Pokemon game to play (excluding MD: Blue Rescue Team), I'm enjoying every little bit of it. :D

To boot, I've done a bit of hacking and got the legendary Trio, and Celebi, so that I can access their events, even though I missed when they were being given away.

Geez, crazy parents.

My mom didn't really like Pokemon (not because she thought it was satanic, mostly just because it was sorta 'violent' >_>) but I did eventually get my first one (Emerald) a few years back when my GBA SP still worked.

I may pick up White sometime soon, but there is other things I'd rather buy atm.

Anyone willing to explain to me exactly how the whole Wi-Fi thing works? I find it un-necessarily confusing. I mean, there's both the C-Gear, and the Pokemon Center, each of them with three different options! Really I just want to know how I would connect to friends across the world. Does that count as them being in the union room, like it says on the C-Gear? Please tell me I don't REALLY have to go and check out in the Pokemon Center Wireless room whether they're on or not...
I don't have any friends around me that have either of the games... So WFC is the only thing that matters to me. And once they are on, what can we do? Can you use the Xtransciever? Can you do the drawing thing it mentioned? For that matter, can you use the Entralink?
In all the instructions I've looked up this didn't seem to answer my questions...

Anyone willing to explain to me exactly how the whole Wi-Fi thing works? I find it un-necessarily confusing. I mean, there's both the C-Gear, and the Pokemon Center, each of them with three different options! Really I just want to know how I would connect to friends across the world. Does that count as them being in the union room, like it says on the C-Gear? Please tell me I don't REALLY have to go and check out in the Pokemon Center Wireless room whether they're on or not...
I don't have any friends around me that have either of the games... So WFC is the only thing that matters to me. And once they are on, what can we do? Can you use the Xtransciever? Can you do the drawing thing it mentioned? For that matter, can you use the Entralink?
In all the instructions I've looked up this didn't seem to answer my questions...
C-Gear has three different options.
IR, Wireless, and online. In IR, it uses In-fared built in the game. You can use feeling check(which can grant you special items and healing items), trade, or battle. You can trade and battle almost anywhere in the game instantly. Online isn't up yet but its Game Sync and I'm guessing it has to do with the dream world stuff. Wireless just uses wireless built in the DS like previous games. You can use EntraLink or Xtransciever, but it has to be people near you and not far away.

On Wifi, you can use Xtransciever. You can also trade and battle. The Pokemon Center has the union room and wifi room along with global trade/battle.

On Wifi, you can use Xtransciever. You can also trade and battle. The Pokemon Center has the union room and wifi room along with global trade/battle.

So correct me if I'm wrong, the union room is for local playing only, and the Wi-Fi room is for long distance? :(
And following that, I'll only be able to see when local friends are online using the C-Gear, and any long distance will have to pretty much be preorganized?

Aww darn I can't use Entralink then. *cries self to sleep*

Sooo, I'm getting my game soon, and I started making up a team in my mind, but I have a question that's bugging me. Emolga- that flying electric squeirl (<is that how you spell that? Probably not~), is he capable of learning Fly?

Sooo, I'm getting my game soon, and I started making up a team in my mind, but I have a question that's bugging me. Emolga- that flying electric squeirl (<is that how you spell that? Probably not~), is he capable of learning Fly?

Even though Emolga is flying type, from HMs it can learn only Cut. Also if you want good electric-type pokémon try Klinklang instead.

Last edited:
Well, I just got the Regigigas I needed, so I now actually have a full National Dex, with 646 obtained. I think I am now certifiably insane.

I think I am now certifiably insane.
Confirmed.

Also, Shiny Minccino within the first three days of Black, eff yeah. It's a Cinccino now. Probably never would've evolved it if I hadn't found a shiny one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back