Ever look at your old posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earuto

I haven't really been on here as much as I used to, but I check the forum from time to time and I decided to look at my old posts. Have you guys ever thought that around some of your first posts, "I can't believe I used to ask that or say that"? I looed and I asked some stupid questions and put some stupid things.

Most of the time, every now and then I do so. Just as a reminder of how to properly say or state things in topics.

Doesn't the "Find More Posts" feature only show the last 500 posts? Those were probably all made in the last few weeks in my case.

EDIT: Yeah, last nine weeks or such.

My old posts? Why would I want to look at them? I still regret making some of my very old posts back 2 years ago, especially the ones involving the stupid arguments between me and my brother, Aled the Hedgehog. D=

Maybe on the odd occasion to look at information I really need, otherwise I was just a bit of a plonk back in the early days.

I can generally tell when I'm looking at old posts of mine because I had a very different writing style from what I do now. I do tend to see old posts of mine a lot, though. It's one of the ways I notice when something has been bumped.

Basically, I can basically notice when I've come across an old post of Mystic's, as it tends to be basically basic.

AJ basically has got that right. I have to wonder if I'm eternally abusing a NEW word now. I tend to go through that in phases.

I used to, but I don't really use it now since the old post feature doesn't really show old posts. (Posts from years ago I should say)

On the first day on the forums, I could barely form a sentence.

I tend to not search for them; I just dislike looking at my old posts as they remind me of how naive I was, and how small of a vocabulary I had back then, compared to now.

Typing without any proper capitalization or punctuation, abusing smiley faces such as "o_o" and "x_x", and of course writing (complete?) sentences differently. This took presence on the Messageboard AND on IRC.

Yup, that was me. While I'm regretting making those old posts showed my immaturity back then, I do feel that I have matured since my initial join date to the community.

And then there are some things which I wonder about.

To the question at hand: Yes, yes I do. I am guilty of this to a tremendous degree.

Since everybody seems to be sharing their previous embarrassing moments, I suppose I'll share mine. This post, Tets's succinct and devastating response, and my subsequent fumbling shows what is probably my worst breach of logic on these boards. Since then I've tried to be more thoughtful in how I respond to things. And I'm still probably overly-verbose, sometimes.

Last edited:
Since I am new to these forums, I have yet to make my stupid posts. ;)

But thankfully, I have wasted most of my stupidness on Spectrum's Wadbase already.

Besides... I don't act stupid.

(Now that was stupid.)

My earliest posts were probably my worst, I forgotten basic sentence structure, proper punctuation, and forum etiquette ( But this is the first forum I ever made an account on sooo...).

In other words, this forum has taught me the valuable lesson of forum etiquette and following the rules =D

Here's a good idea of what I'm talking about.

http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=21275

Yep, first post ever. The topic would've worked if I knew how to make it not an offense.

To the best of my knowledge, my early posts weren't filled with grammatical, capitalization, and punctuation errors, but I really regret them, as when I look back on them now, I feel very embarrassed.

Oh god, I've looked back at my oldest posts a few times. What a freaking n00b I was! I was spewing out god-awful crap into Releases and asking questions that I could easily have worked out on my own. I guess we all start somewhere, but that doesn't mean we have to be proud of our beginnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back