Some new features I'm working on for SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone get in touch with Robotnik; he needs to know about the inevitable renovation of the Egg Rock.

I know you're having trouble believing all this sudden information at once, but please remember we've had this in production for about two years now in our private development team. What you're seeing in the firsts posts and the OP are farther indev.
The Video is Private :(
Which engine is used in the game ? Doom's Engine,UDK or another one ?

I'm not believing this until you guys give me something I can actually use and see for myself.

First of all, something which is very heavily being worked on won't be easily released to the public. The developers don't owe anything to you to make you believe, you're free to do what you want.

Also...

poster2.JPG

Here's a screenshot I got with a later build, on high resolution enabled. Oh look, it's cp_gorge! Oh look, it supports Source's map formats now! Oh look it CRASHED MY COMPUTER because you were so desperate in proof I had to jack up everything to max and fry whatever graphics card I had.

First of all, something which is very heavily being worked on won't be easily released to the public. The developers don't owe anything to you to make you believe, you're free to do what you want.

Also...

poster2.JPG

Here's a screenshot I got with a later build, on high resolution enabled. Oh look, it's cp_gorge! Oh look, it supports Source's map formats now! Oh look it CRASHED MY COMPUTER because you were so desperate in proof I had to jack up everything to max and fry whatever graphics card I had.

Good proof, I must say. But I'm not going to be a believer just yet. I'll wait.

The development team could care less about whether you believe or not, to be perfectly honest. We've shown all we can to deliver, what people have pretty much wanted forever. This only goes to show that this forum prohibits the creation of nice things.

images

You guys can't blame me for being suspicious. A lot of people, companies, and developers pull april fools pranks a day early to fool people.

Everybody here are liars. JTE himself said he wants to rewrite the game in OpenGL, and leaked this screenshot:

Rolly Polly Putt for the win.
Nice try, but Sonic and Arid Canyon Zone aren't in Roly Poly Putt. Your cynicism is an unfortunate outcome of the dev team's immense efforts to revolutionize the SRB2 community. The Doom engine has clearly started to show its age, and refusing to adapt to changing times is consistently shown as a nonviable tactic. Just ask Darwin.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the sheer negativity of your comments actually had an effect on the devs' morale. Perhaps they'll accept the idea that no one will take their work seriously (which we DO, but that is blighted by your doubt), coercing them to scrap everything and pretend as if they had nothing noteworthy to show at all. Almost like a prank.

You guys can't blame me for being suspicious. A lot of people, companies, and developers pull april fools pranks a day early to fool people.

They do? Blizzard is usually on the ball with their April Fools stuff but they never release it early. I, for one, think it would be silly to do so, because April 1st is April Fool's Day, not March 31st.

I can't post any more stuffs right now but let me tell you guys, it's going to be rad as hell when this gets out the door.

I cannot believe that the game that quite dramatically defined my childhood and was already the epitome of programming perfection is now capable of such indescribable landscaping. Congratulations, devs! You've outdone yourself for the first time since the greatness that was 1.09.4's Castle Eggman Zone.

Nice try, but Sonic and Arid Canyon Zone aren't in Roly Poly Putt. Your cynicism is an unfortunate outcome of the dev team's immense efforts to revolutionize the SRB2 community. The Doom engine has clearly started to show its age, and refusing to adapt to changing times is consistently shown as a nonviable tactic. Just ask Darwin.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the sheer negativity of your comments actually had an effect on the devs' morale. Perhaps they'll accept the idea that no one will take their work seriously (which we DO, but that is blighted by your doubt), coercing them to scrap everything and pretend as if they had nothing noteworthy to show at all. Almost like a prank.

Roly Poly Putt has arid canyon zone in it, and also look at the hud...Roly Poly Putt.

And also, if this is real, then how come only some people have the build of it? Are some people better than others? That's a great thing to imply. Why not make it as a community build so everyone can see and try it for themselves, you would be able to fix bugs easier, and people like me wouldn't doubt the authenticity of it all.

From the screenshots, this is looking like it at least has SOME gameplay, so why not?

Last edited:
Because you're not a developer of the project. We have builds of this because we work on it and community testing is bullshit. This isn't just the vanilla dev team making this, there are many other members here at work as you've clearly seen people without orange user-titles posting.

Roly Poly Putt has arid canyon zone in it, and also look at the hud...Roly Poly Putt.

And also, if this is real, then how come only some people have the build of it? Are some people better than others? That's a great thing to imply. Why not make it as a community build so everyone can see and try it for themselves, you would be able to fix bugs easier, and people like me wouldn't doubt the authenticity of it all.

From the screenshots, this is looking like it at least has SOME gameplay, so why not?

How DARE you doubt the developers's hard work? It isn't ready for the public yet, of course they wouldn't release it!

Also, I'm excited for those new features! Keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back