What bugs you on net games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jumping over a death pit and having an ad pop up, minimizing SRB2, causing lag, killing you, then finally come back to SRB2 and finding yourself about to get server timeout'd. I swear, that happens to me so many times, it's like the ad was programmed to do that.

Andy said:
Jumping over a death pit and having an ad pop up, minimizing SRB2, causing lag, killing you, then finally come back to SRB2 and finding yourself about to get server timeout'd. I swear, that happens to me so many times, it's like the ad was programmed to do that.
Guy:He's on to us...
I forgot a lot of stuff but I agree with most of that stuff that Penopat said.
(What is pillow shading anyways?)

Andy said:

Then clean your pc, you shouldn't be getting ads unless you have a virus or spyware. If it's a program popup, then disable them. NTL Netguard (now PCGuard) always used to minimize SRB2 to tell me about updates and such...

I use Live One Care now.

I don't really hate lag. It's natural. I do dislike seriously bad lag, but minor lag and the occasional jitter don't bother me severely.

I don't tend to complain about it. I think about how I feel when people complain about lags on my server.

The feeling that I have an unfair advantage as the host
Getting consistency failed immediately after joining
The above, when the server has modified the game
Modifying the game via cheats, such as startrings and startlives, which modifies the game, without any fun effects
The CTF cecho bug
Idiots who claim to be able to ban me from the forums
Lag

Draykon said:
The feeling that I have an unfair advantage as the host
Getting consistency failed immediately after joining
The above, when the server has modified the game
Modifying the game via cheats, such as startrings and startlives, which modifies the game, without any fun effects
The CTF cecho bug
Idiots who claim to be able to ban me from the forums
Lag

What is the CTF cecho bug what dose it do I heard of a gravity bug but not a never of the cecho bug.

Penopat said:
Servers with carpy levels or pillow-shaded character wads.
Servers with so many damn wads.
Servers with both.
Servers with dumb SOCs.
Servers with all three.
Servers with wads no one actually has.
Servers with all four of those.
Lag.
Hosts that don't know how to use a console.
Servers with the maxplayers of 2.
Co-op servers using no (good) coop wads.
Servers that lack special rings.
When people don't pause when it's lagging and the host owns everyone due to thus.
Lag.
N00bs.
Being banned/kicked for no reason.
People blaming me on cheating even though I am not Velocity.
Full Race.
Too many Match servers.
Not enough good CTF servers.
Egotists.
Lag.
People that whine since you are using mouse.
Flame when abusing CTF glitches.
Ringslinger Co-op servers.
Co-op servers where it is mostly chatting.
People who demand to know your name every time.
People who threaten to ban you since you are telling them to stop breaking the master server rules.
People who are general idiots.
Lag.

You know how long I can go on for? :|

Every thing you said was right. Especially the amount of n00bs that **** you off for flaming you for cheating, lagging which they are, I'd wish something was done about this, so the more MATURE people who play srb2, can join.

HYPERKNUX said:
so the more MATURE peoplewho play srb2, can join.
I've played with an eight-year old and ten-year old on netgames. :|
They never caused trouble, heck it was fun having them around. :o

Vic Fox said:
HYPERKNUX said:
so the more MATURE peoplewho play srb2, can join.
I've played with an eight-year old and ten-year old on netgames. :|
They never caused trouble, heck it was fun having them around. :o

Yes, but I''m aiming this mostly at the n00bs, and some of the younger people I do know (not all of them, but some) but I won't say their names.

Just had a very irritating while at the same time hilarious match, everyone was doing nothing except constantly hitting the boxes to get invincibilities, and just staying invincible the whole time, every round, the hilarious part is that they were all invincible trying to kill each other.

I played 5 rounds and ended up using the invincibility twice, beat them on all rounds except one, and that's only because they were all up on a little island, every player, and were all invincible, trying to kill eachother, and they started that near the beginning when they had just got enough points to become invincible the whole way through.

The player mostly doing it was someone called kiddytails, constantly invincible, nonstop all the time, yet always came last, he exagurated all the time "I can't go on" "I'm getting worn out" "I'm at my limit" people were saying I'll protect you don't worry, really pathetic.

At the beginning of one round he said "help, I can't go on, worn out" some guy said "I'll protect you" and he was actually standing infront of him protecting him while he was in a corner resting, and because it was the beginning and he'd been hitting this one guy constantly while I didn't know, and everyone else was invincible, he was winning.

He was winning and he had someone protecting him, so I just went over there and shot them like 6 times, before my computer shut down on me XD.

Sorry if that was to long to read but...uugh, noobs. They were all also constantly getting nuke shields at the same time as well so they couldn't hit each other.

I guess what annoys me the most is when people come into my server demanding that i add a specific wad. Some noob said that if I don't add SMS1.09.5 to the game he would call the cops on me. I mean come on that is rediculous.

server names:

"come along everybody, join the fun! This server is for everybody!, that's right, EVERYONE!! Fun for the whoole family, we except all types, we don't make any exceptions, all people are equal in our opinion, so as this for Everyone, come along and enjoy the fun! EVERYONE!!.

Oh wait, except you, you don't have the wad, hehehe, just what made you think you could get in?".

People who keep wining about adding wads like hangout.wad or the SMS wad, those who can't speak properly, people who leave or get real angry when you beat them in some way, people that like only 1 gametype and join in a race game and keep wining about going to coop, people who just plain whine about any kind of stuff, and well, n00bs in general.

Besides that lag can be very annoying. I'm already trown of the game when there's 1% extra lag or control lag. Some servers can seriously have 10 seconds c-lag.

I can sometimes handle lag. It's spikes that piss me off. Specially the railers who take advantage of the spike, and it turns out I get hit with 3 rails once the spike is gone.

Wads are also annoying, but I can either wait for a wad-less server, or I join another one.

I also don't mind playing against people who are better than me. It's the chasing slash grudge that annoys me. You kill someone or happen to have the highest score around, and you start to notice how a specific someone starts chasing you around. You take the longest or hidden routes you can find, and find that player shooting like mad right behind you. Why do you think I have a high scrore? It's because I shot everyone I could find. I hit someone, then choose another. If you do that too instead of chasing me, you'll get a much higher score instead of an added 50 points, just so you can have a big smile on your face.

I also don't mind playing against people who are better than me. It's the chasing slash grudge that annoys me. You kill someone or happen to have the highest score around, and you start to notice how a specific someone starts chasing you around. You take the longest or hidden routes you can find, and find that player shooting like mad right behind you. Why do you think I have a high score? It's because I shot everyone I could find. I hit someone, then choose another. If you do that too instead of chasing me, you'll get a much higher score instead of an added 50 points, just so you can have a big smile on your face.

I agree that there is a distinct difference between the two (hitting people you see and targeting), but at times it can be better to target a player who is camping at a rail spawn or something. I don't often target players, and if I do, I don't for long.

I don't think I've ever had a netgame where somebody is constantly targeting me, to be honest. I just get hit by players (and vice versa) who are around me at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back