• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Roach's endless sprite parade

Unless you expand on the silly notion of there needing to be more detail, your opinion is worthless.

Obviously, we must have every strand of fur and every glove thread perfectly depicted.

Though I will admit, it does look a bit odd seeing Sonic's sprite look less "busy" in terms of colors and stuff.

I'm going to go out and say that there is nothing wrong with the sprite(s), and the previous version has absolutely nothing, and I mean nothing over the new one in any way, shape, or form.

I'm going to go out and say that there is nothing wrong with the sprite(s), and the previous version has absolutely nothing, and I mean nothing over the new one in any way, shape, or form.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the new sprites at all. They're 100% improvements in every way.

jesus christ guys, you don't need to get wound up every time some kid rolls into the thread giving incoherent nonadvice

he's probably like ten, just let it go.

Okay guys, but really, what about Sonic's magically shrinking feet in his falling animation? And the red soles in his jumping frames?

This is becoming pretty nice, glad to not have to deal with only a few SSonic sprites that for strange reasons had Grey Shoes bottom instead of red ones like in every other frame X)

Okay guys, but really, what about Sonic's magically shrinking feet in his falling animation? And the red soles in his jumping frames?

qxpJNzL.png

I don't remember the reason for ending up leaving the soles red in his spinning frames in the first few screenshots, but I fixed it up not too long ago. The feet in the falling frames no longer magically shrink either... well, at least not as much.

I just took a close look into the sprites inside the file, and his stomach seemed completely normal to me. Guess that's from the waterfall or something then.

The feet in the falling frames no longer magically shrink either... well, at least not as much.

Isn't the main reason his feet shrink in the first place is to create the illusion that his feet are closer to the front side of him when he's falling compared to the spring frames where they're pushed outward? I'm sure you knew that, just wanted to make sure.

I'd draw an image to illustrate maybe but I'm not home... ;w;

Its a magical term called "perspective"! :V
The issue is though. Most of Sonic's sprites have none and appear proportionately consistent at all angles instead, so when a frame does it looks very out of place.

There's still a sense of perspective in the angles in the spring sprites, but the size change of the shoes is no longer overly exaggerated, which makes the perspective illusion a little more believable and not as drastic.

Two questions.

Is the super sprite set going to be separate from the regular sprite set, or are they still together?

Also, do you have any plans for dedicated skidding frames? I think SRB2 could really use those.

I agree with Jay. I think that the only thing that this remake needs is skidding frames. It's cool that Skidding was added to the game, and the sprites were... well... Sometimes they looked good, but sometimes they looked quite weird.

But it's not really something that should delay this WAD, because it would make me feel completly guilty.

Please don't delay. Please.

I actually like Super Saiyan Sonic hair,but... I hope someday the SADX Super Sonic hair appears to light.

it's supposed to look super saiyan, that's half the point of super sonic's conception

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back