• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Roach's endless sprite parade

So, something I'm wondering: if Super Sonic has walking frames now, wouldn't it make more sense for him to actually stand on the ground when he's not moving? I'd think it would look weird to be floating there and then decide to start walking on the ground.

Not to worry! Standing frames were actually the first ones I made for him:

piMkjJD.png

He's on point right now! also can you do a quick edit on his transformation sprite. I don't know if his feet, or legs needs to be scale but one of them is bigger than the other.

image.png

glq7esuu9

Last edited:
Good god. These are looking 100 times better than the current SRB2 Sonic. And they're being made by ONE PERSON! When 2.2 comes out, I will be overjoyed to see both bug fixes and new character sprites! Keep up the great work, MotorRoach.

So if Super Sonic stands normally now... how does it handle stages such as Mystic Realm Zone, where the floor is the skybox?

@Tokyo:

3bR9Jwk.png

@Nomekop: He would probably still stand on the invisible floor. Not that you would pay too much attention to that, though, because in Mystic Realm Zone, the last thing you will want to do is stand still.

So if Super Sonic stands normally now... how does it handle stages such as Mystic Realm Zone, where the floor is the skybox?

You DO have a point there, but... I would just assume he would be just standing there.

Edit: Didn't know Motor already posted. :P

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Is F@$#ingSonic going to have any new abilities other than a proper Spin Dash?

Last edited:
Okay, fair enough.

...he does still preform super flight properly, right?

I... don't know. His flying sprites are the same as his walking sprites in 2.1 and under... I assume. I haven't played any version lower than version 1094.

Bit of trivia: the current Super Sonic sprites were first put into the game in 1.09; before that was a joke "Superman" Sonic as a placeholder!

Though in saying that, the Superman Sonic itself was first put in for Demo 4, and before that ...

SRB2002-xmas.bmp

Bit of trivia: the current Super Sonic sprites were first put into the game in 1.09; before that was a joke "Superman" Sonic as a placeholder!

Though in saying that, the Superman Sonic itself was first put in for Demo 4, and before that ...

SRB2002-xmas.bmp

What am I even looking at? Super-Chainsaw-spines-of-death Sonic?

EDIT: I'm an idiot now. *puts on dunce hat and sits in a corner*

Last edited:
Okay, thanks.

Unrelated:UGH! When will 2.2.0 come out!? The anticipation is KILLING ME!!!

Last edited:
He's had a life icon since 2.0 and maybe even earlier. I would assume he would have a life icon now, and not a goal post sprite, unless he's made into his own wad, like ssonic.wad.

The way that Super F*cking Sonic illuminates in that picture makes me think of glow sticks, for whatever reason. No doubt that the current Super Sonic isn't already a rave party, but I hope that the better spritework brings out the alternating hues of yellow for this one better, like, in a "flashier" fashion. Awesome work here, nevertheless.

Last edited:
Oh. Well... then I don't think so, but I might be wrong. He previously only used Sonic's life icon, but yellow.

Last edited:
Notice the super form can glow in dark areas. It doesn't occur in the current version right now.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back