• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Roach's endless sprite parade

Cool! Could we see the new falling animation?

Alrighty, I feel in a fine mood, so here ya go:

Tk2XT8S.png

tpOBzR3.png

Hopefully the spring frame shoes do not still seem too big~

Is the super sprite set going to be separate from the regular sprite set, or are they still together?

They are still somewhat together, hard to explain. Keep in mind that the extra super sprites that are shown are Lua programmed, and if they were to appear in 2.2, they would most likely work through a completely different manner, although I have no idea what it would even work like, so no use in asking for further details about that to me.

Also, do you have any plans for dedicated skidding frames? I think SRB2 could really use those.

I had heavily considered making skidding frames for the longest while, although I'm convinced that for those to work, it would be a rather complicated matter, mostly due that the skidding sprite might seem out of place depending on the direction you skid from. I'm convinced that it would be better off by not having those at all, and I'd rather not try to complicate this matter either.

I actually like Super Saiyan Sonic hair,but... I hope someday the SADX Super Sonic hair appears to light.

I would've done it if I was making SADX Sonic or anything close to that ;)

Iceman404 said:
Is that really relevant to anything?

That's how original Super Sonic was :D

CobaltBW said:
it's supposed to look super saiyan, that's half the point of super sonic's conception

It looks more of a DBZ Sonic style sprites. Eventually the 2 top and middle spines pointing down make their own style.

MotorRoach said:
I would've done it if I was making SADX Sonic or anything close to that ;)

I actually wouldn't say that, SADX Super Sonic came with his own spine style. The actual Super Sonic looks like a rip off of DBZ. But that doesn't means I don't like it, in fact, I REALLY like 'em, but seems like it is based on Dbz instead of Sonic himself. No hate, I really like the actual sprites you did for him.

What I said still stands. The chances for me to make a SADX Super Sonic into a supposedly classic Sonic design are little to none.

Besides, I personally never found the SADX Super Sonic design to look very... super, because from how I see it, only four of his spines go upwards, and not even that much. So the whole idea of Super Sonic not look as much like a DBZ ripoff by giving him the SADX design feels too ineffective for it to even interest me, and hardly helps the fact that he'll still be kind of a Super Saiyan.

Yes, I'm well aware you're not demanding for any changes and that you're just posting your opinion about it. Just giving what I think about it~

Well MotorRoach, since you are close to finishing this, I think it's a good time to think about a name for this Remake. Here are some of my suggestions:
  1. Sonikku (Probably a good choice in my opinion.)
  2. Sanic (2fust4u)
  3. F*CKING SONIC (And we have a winner.)

Just sayin', since this is very very close to finishing, I think. No problems if you need more time, we already spent a whole year waiting. We can wait more ;3

Also I take this opportunity to tell you that you are one of the best spriters I've ever seen. Awesome work man.

EDIT: Oh and I think that the only thing that we haven't seen from Sonic is his Character Select pic. Crossing fingers, MotorRoach ;)

Well MotorRoach, since you are close to finishing this, I think it's a good time to think about a name for this Remake. Here are some of my suggestions:
  1. Sonikku (Probably a good choice in my opinion.)
  2. Sanic (2fust4u)
  3. F*CKING SONIC (And we have a winner.)

Just sayin', since this is very very close to finishing, I think. No problems if you need more time, we already spent a whole year waiting. We can wait more ;3

Also I take this opportunity to tell you that you are one of the best spriters I've ever seen. Awesome work man.

EDIT: Oh and I think that the only thing that we haven't seen from Sonic is his Character Select pic. Crossing fingers, MotorRoach ;)

FuckingSonic is the definitive name. No doubt about it being the best one~

Wondering whether I should show the new character select in here or not, even though there are still other surprises within the character. Heheheheheh.

Nah, none of those names beat "Needlemouse". ;)

That gives me a great idea.

FuckingSonic is the definitive name. No doubt about it being the best one~

Wondering whether I should show the new character select in here or not, even though there are still other surprises within the character. Heheheheheh.

That gives me a great idea.

I don't think you should show it, IMO. It's no fun if you give away everything before we get a chance to play.

I aggree with Puppyfaic, don't spoil it, I rather get surprised than knowing what's gonna happen. Keep up your great work MotorRoach!

I think Knuckles should have that sprite when he slides through the ground while gliding. He looks weird and stiff right now.

Keep in mind that Knuckles is not my concern right now, so it's unlikely I'll do any extra things for him anytime soon.

I'm kinda hoping that 2.2 will be a birthday present, in a way saying, "Happy birthday, Gemini." In March, of course. ;)

Wouldn't it be better to simply have a patch for that new Sonic sprites?
You know, for 2.2 the devs will probably make new levels aside of a stable netcode.
And it will take at least as long as the 2.1 version took to be released (We had trailers since 2011 and it was released 3 years later, so yeah.)

Might as well make a patch for the new levels and other content, in that case.

Really, even though 2.2 might take a while to be finished, it still needs reasons for hype. This might as well be one of them~

You know, for 2.2 the devs will probably make new levels aside of a stable netcode.
And it will take at least as long as the 2.1 version took to be released (We had trailers since 2011 and it was released 3 years later, so yeah.)

2015 IS the year of 2.2 you know. And Sanic would be a great name, but there's already a Sanic.wad. I have it, too. It's horrible. No defense for that one.

Well I'll be damned. I absolutely adore these sprites, look so polished and refined. Great work.

SPECIFICALLY love the Super sprites. Walking and floating having separate frames is a GOD YES. And he actually looks like he's SERIOUS and pissed off almost. It's beautiful. ;-;

While I'm a fan of SADX Super Sonic's quill style, the multiple perspectives of the "Super Saiyan" quills actually looks BETTER in my eyes. Just, ALL MY YES. NGHFGH.
>.<

Well I'll be damned. I absolutely adore these sprites, look so polished and refined. Great work.

SPECIFICALLY love the Super sprites. Walking and floating having separate frames is a GOD YES. And he actually looks like he's SERIOUS and pissed off almost. It's beautiful. ;-;

While I'm a fan of SADX Super Sonic's quill style, the multiple perspectives of the "Super Saiyan" quills actually looks BETTER in my eyes. Just, ALL MY YES. NGHFGH.
>.<

Wasn't Shadow basically a recolor of SADX Super Sonic?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Back