2.1: It's happening! Release details!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, how come the four diamonds shape? And is that an emblem hidden directly in the level, or one that you get if you get a high enough score or something?

I hope knuckles' sprites are changed. At least it would be a neat change for Knuckles. It's something it would make me want to play more as Knuckles.

I really think that the knuckles we have in 2.0 is perfect and better than chuckels. I like chuckles, but only as a wad, I don't want to have it as the official knuckles in 2.1 or in any other version. I don't think we should say we want so much things. After all, they don't get any money from this game and they are working hard just to please us. If we keep being such dicks, they will probably stop making this game.

Hmm, how come the four diamonds shape? And is that an emblem hidden directly in the level, or one that you get if you get a high enough score or something?
Let's just get all this out of the way once and for all.

Each NiGHTS stage, including Spring Hill, has 3 emblems: a hidden emblem that you have to find in the level (four diamonds icon), an emblem for getting an A rank (A icon), and an emblem for beating a stage-specific time (hourglass icon).

Each normal stage has 8 emblems: five hidden emblems (star, spade, club, heart, and diamond icon), an emblem for beating a score requirement in record attack (crown icon), an emblem for beating a time requirement in record attack (hourglass icon), and an emblem for beating a ring requirement in record attack (ring icon).

Boss stages have a single emblem for beating a time requirement in record attack (hourglass icon).

There are five extra emblems in 2.1, which are the following:
Complete the game (sonic head icon)
Complete the game with all emeralds (emerald icon)
Perfect bonus in a non-secret stage (star ring icon)
Complete SRB1 remake (modern art)
NiGHTS mastery emblem (trophy icon)

The other icons pictured are not used in-game, but may be used by modders if they want. You can also add your own icons as there are a bunch of extra slots.

Last edited:
It's nice to see you noted that perfect bonus problem. It was so easy to just go to srb1 remake, and finish the level with all of the rings in less then 1 or 2 minutes.

I really think that the knuckles we have in 2.0 is perfect and better than *chuckles.
But it isn't.
I don't think we should say we want so much things. After all, they don't get any money from this game and they are working hard just to please us. If we keep being such dicks, they will probably stop making this game.
Except it takes near to zero effort to add a new default character in the plr files, besides about a minute of fixing md5 shenanigans and recompiling. Sorry but it sounds like you're just unnecessary kissing ass here. In fact, I have no doubt in my mind that the dev team has already begun using Chuckles as a replacement because there is no reason not to other than shields not fitting him quite well, but those have been resprited completely already.

I'm sorry sir, but do I know you?
also it's XSpeedGodX. There aren't multiple mes...unless someone's jacking my style. :T

Sorry, my bad. I believe I am PunchTheEchidna/HeartlessJoe ingame. I must say it has been quite some time since we Raced against each other, so that must explain the hole in the memory, but anyway, I'll keep a place in my server just for you in case you'd like to Race against me once more, sometime.

Also, I believe the version of Knuckle is quite fine like he is right now. The beta version of it was TERRIBLE(3D Rendered) and I'm pretty sure I have no reason to complain about the last version. (Beside, what is the "Chuckle" everyone is typing about? Picture?)

On the other hand, those emblems are enigmatic to me. I'm not even sure I'll be enough "Maniac" to find em all and complete SATANIC races against the clock to get most of emblems. I'll probably rage quit before (As long as no reward is given however. :D).

Come to think about it. The game is now in intence gameplay. If it takes 2 weeks to complete, does that mean that the gameplay is now WAY longer? I mean, I used to complete all the levels in 2-3 hours...

Oh and...Nevermind, I already spoke too much...(Espio's gonna wreck me up...)

Last edited:
It's a resprited Knuckles wad. A lot of people tend to think it looks better than the current Knuckles.

http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=38039

Oh...I, hmm...This wad scares me... I mean, I like the fact that Knux taunt would be laughing (Prior to sonic 3), but ain't it just all? I prefer the 2.0 Knux because it adopts the style of Sonic and Tails. He doesn't have to be chuckling. Bah, Whatever. Futur shall tell if yes or not, Chuckles be the next Knux.

Thanks for the link.

Yeah, you can come in and say if there's any change in characters (beside Sonic&Tails) so that they can move on.

Oh...I, hmm...This wad scares me... I mean, I like the fact that Knux taunt would be laughing (Prior to sonic 3), but ain't it just all?
what

I prefer the 2.0 Knux because it adopts the style of Sonic and Tails.
It really doesn't, both it's shading and line-art are pretty sub-par. Not to mention it's an edit of Sonic.

He doesn't have to be chuckling. Bah, Whatever. Futur shall tell if yes or not, Chuckles be the next Knux.
what

I'm baffled at why anyone would prefer 2.0 Knuckles over Chuckles. Change is that evil of a thing I suppose. People will find any nonsensical reason to oppose anything, even when it's for the better.

I suppose that plenty of people are used to old knuckles, making the new one look unusual.
Speaking of, new knuckles doesn't resemble tails or sonic as the old one does, which could make him a little unfitting.
On the other hand, chuckles brings originality and presents different style, that makes it extraordinary.
Personally, I think that both are quite good and it's a matter of taste, more than mentality, which one you like more.

new knuckles doesn't resemble tails or sonic as the old one does, which could make him a little unfitting..

If you look at ingame screenshots, the new knuckles looks FINE.
It's about a billion times better than the 2.0 version we have now because:
He's taller than Sonic.
He looks nothing like a rip off of Sonic's sprites.
He has an animation that represents his first game appearance.
He overall just looks badass.

Seriously, Chuckles is a lot better than 2.0 Knuckles. If you say he's not, you haven't even used/seen Chuckles yet. I'll be amazed if they haven't replaced 2.0 Knux with Chuckles.

Plot twist, #srb2fun developers develop 2.1 but don't release it for another year; building up hype and keeping the spirit of "When it's done" alive.

About the netcode, by the way. It's completely and absolutely unchanged, besides things like downloading working superbly (no more stops anymore, new joining screen). You also don't have to reset SRB2 to join a server again if the game was modified.

Small question which can appear stupid or or which already was to pose but why not leave the 2.1 before these 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Small question which can to appear stupid or which was already known as But why not leave 2.1 earlier than 2 weeks.

Best anwser would be another question. Why?
Yes indeed, why would you want it 2 weeks sooner. It's in testing and I'd rather like a tested product beforehand rather than testing it myself, having to fill up an huge amount of bug reports, moderators would be overwhelmed by those. My point being, less bugs means less reports. (I've notice that bug section a bit earlier...)

What I want to say it that they one already is perhaps tested but why then wait 2 weeks

Re-testing? I believe that in the chatlog, it has been said that they were keeping it for testing sakes. Probably that it's still unstable. Also, you gotta know that because some maps has changed, they are probably walking/dashing/spinning into all of the walls in order to see if it's solid and also probably looking for annoying hall of mirrors that can cause some trouble when you need to see where you are going. Yes, testing is not short, I however inderstand your feelings about it. Did I told anyone I used to work in a videogame testing industry? It's not as easy and fast as people thinks. The games can be made and ready to test about 3 years even BEFORE it has been announced.

No worry, 2 weeks will be short :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back