Sonic Unleashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
STHE123O said:
Is really that Fang the Snipper is going to appear in the game??

Nope. It was just a rumor, it's been recently proven false.

I can't believe I didn't notice this until just yesterday, but the Werehog reminds me of Ristar. I think it can be argued that, even though Ristar is a bit slow, it still felt a lot like a Sonic game.

Didn't people say that about sonic '06's trailers? Hm.
This game PLAYS ITSELF!
Werehog? What a retarded concept, SONIC TEAM FAILS!
Its 06 all over again, prepare for disappointment.

Wow... these lines totally help put everything in perspective, now I can know for sure that the game will be terrible. So continues the Sonic cycle, I can probably assume that everything but the Roleplaying game will be like that stuff you have to peel out of the inside of the dumpster...

I've seen a ton of these sort of remarks and after bearing the severity of their tone for so long, they give me the huge urge to flee to the other extreme. I understand why there is a lot of cynicism in the Sonic fanbase, and do have some cynical tendencies myself, but it needs to be controlled or you might miss out. Anyone that continued their boycott of Sonic Team and didn't get Sonic Rush or Secret Rings deprived themselves of some pretty good, though imperfect games.

Regarding the trailers remark, I wasn't around for the 06 hype, but I've heard that much of the disappointment resulted from the fact that cutscenes were used for most of the promotion and the gameplay wasn't properly executed. And to be honest, the trailer doesn't scream free-roam to me, but I'm not after free-roam, I was very happy with the type of gameplay Secret Rings offered. Everyone says "plays itself" but if its the Secret Rings plays-itself then I may enjoy it.

Chaos Wrote:
Stupid this is only on the Wii or something, this should be on the Gamecube.

uh i think they stopped making new games for the game cube, its all about next-gen now (btw i gots a wii! in your face! *shot*)

JEV: Yeah, the community's skepticism is what bores me most about this topic. Not that I'll bet this game is as good as Super Mario Galaxy, but by now, it seems pretty obvious to me that this game isn't going to crap on us. I'm somewhat concerned that people will try and criticize the game as they're playing it; pointing out all the flaws could likely make it less enjoyable... thus keeping alive the bias that SEGA can't do a Sonic game right anymore. This is my perception of it, anyway.

What also bores me are the arguments about how this game will turn out. Unlike debating - for instance - the direction in which the SRB2 Wiki should go in, giving a person reasons why a commercial videogame is going to rock/suck isn't really going to change the quality of the game when it comes out. So, I don't even bother.

Besides, only two months left! Hopefully, this'll be the comeback we've been waiting for. If it turns out how you expect it to, then excellent work predicting the game's outcome. If not, then congratulations, you just wasted half a year arguing over a marketing product. :)

Regarding the trailers remark, I wasn't around for the 06 hype, but I've heard that much of the disappointment resulted from the fact that cutscenes were used for most of the promotion and the gameplay wasn't properly executed. And to be honest, the trailer doesn't scream free-roam to me, but I'm not after free-roam, I was very happy with the type of gameplay Secret Rings offered. Everyone says "plays itself" but if its the Secret Rings plays-itself then I may enjoy it.

What I meant was that when people saw 06's trailers, it looked good and all, and then we play it, it turns out bad. I am not saying Sega cannot make a sonic game, or anything of that sort. I currently have no opinion about unleashed. I'm just trying to say that even if the game does look good.... free roaming, enemies, whatever.... well, it can still play bad. Like 06.

Um... But we haven't seen much CG cutscenes in the trailers..... It's been mostly gameplay. High quality gameplay from what it looks, too.
This can't be another "2006". This has too much potential.

P.S. Love the Werehog howl. It's bloody awesome.

Gaia was the Greek goddess of nature and the earth.

EDIT: I think it's a fitting name, actually, from what I've heard of the plot.

You know, this would probably be a good game if they used both types of gameplay. Like using the werehoh transformation in a speed type way and the regular segments in the werehog type way. Combination is key.
When they input new gimmicks they should stop trying to make the gimmick the main part of the game. And for their sake, That dog better be a good character!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back