Super Mario Galaxy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mystic said:
Mario Sunshine was disliked because of how stupid all the exploration things were. Blue coins were incredibly dumb, and the level design, while good in places, had no variation whatsoever.

Also, Galaxy DOES have exploration. There are secret stars, and hidden 1-ups everywhere. It's just not in the same method as Super Mario 64's "figure it out to continue playing" vein, and the level design is more focused and linear than it was in SM64.

There are still plenty of opportunities to explore and look around.

Sunshine was good. I have to say the worst one is pony kid....wtf?

Well I beat the Mario story and got all the stars now I need to complete the other story. I can't say it because I'm going to spoil it for everyone!

P.S The library story makes me cry.

Although I highly recommend the game, you might not enjoy it as much if you aren't a huge fan of platformers. Besides, Brawl is not going to be out for another two months, so you must find some game to waste your time on.

I now have this game. I've got four words to say:
Best Mario game ever!
I could imagine the Flying Mario mechanism being used for Super Sonic. You'd have to be crazy to say that that wouldn't be awesome.

I just got this game earlier today. It's amazing. One-up happy, but amazing. Anyone who owns a Wii but doesn't care to buy this game is a heathen. Buy it now.

...Yes, I did play this for nine and a half hours.

Definatly the best mario game, and probably the best game I've ever played, the final boss I think overall was probably
easier than the second, however there have been one or two points where I've done just as bad on the final as the
second, but I don't think I was concentrating properly those times.

But my brother just finished the game, but did worse on the final then he did on the second, not sure, anyway, it was
still the best boss, and the most epic.

There are 1 or maybe 2 major flaws in the game IN MY OPINION.

1st: The game needs more coins. Whats the point of collecting coins if there are more star bits in the game to get a 1-up? By the way collecting 50 coins or star bits is a 1-Up. So what is up with that?!

2nd: I got really disappointed that Luigi meets Luigi. WTF?! It would be better if he met Mario and it would make sense. If it were Mario in the Mansion. Luigi rescuing Mario would add a remembrance to Luigi's Mansion.

I wouldn't call those MAJOR, but...

1. They wanted to downsize the amount of coins in the levels because the coins in the game where pretty much only used for gaining health. Because of this, they dropped those crappy 100 coin challenges.

I do agree that 50 Star Bits = 1 Life is a bad idea. It really should've been 200 Star Bits.

This game gave away as many lifes as New Super Mario Bros.

2. I actually found that funny. I don't really think Mario is the type that would get stuck inside a haunted mansion because he is scared. I found that having two Luigis was funny. Should I also not that Luigi's game is not canon, it is just a little bonus to those who get 120 stars.

I still don't think those are major flaws. A true MAJOR flaw is something that will hinder your gaming experience all the way through the game. Things like sucky controls, annoying music, or just boring level design are MAJOR flaws.

I totally respect your opinion and all, but I wouldn't think that would ruin the game for you.

Annoying music is minor. Turn down the volume then play some music on an MP3 player or something. I've done something like that just to test it out, I plugged in a Dreamcast into the sound input thingy, and a gamecube in the visual input thingy, and mixed 'n' matched the music.

I got this game on Christmas day. I like it so far, and the controls are stable for me. I'm stuck at the second world's boss right now. :P
The graphics are impressing for such a thing in one disk..

I just wish this game could have a better co-op mode, but other wise 5-5 for me

1. its great for any one of age.
2.the graphics are creative
3.manuplating gravity makes the audience wonder how to control where your running too.

4.Flying to planet to planet is fun.

5. Boss difficulty is fine .

FoxBlitzz said:
Hmm, I might get it, though it isn't really fun when you're shown a bunch of references to Yoshi and then hear from someone that he never physically appears in the game (at least without 100%). I just hope he's part of a secret... If anyone can find him, please let me know. If you do, I'll buy the thing like a hotcake, but until then I'll just be coding my own game and playing a few rounds of Team Fortress 2.

For what I have seen, His face is a planet for one of the hidden stars.

I've said this many times: that's just a reference, and only a reference. I'd like it if one of these days they'd bother to take it past just "reference" and actually give him some purpose.

Is this coming from someone who thinks Sonic should have more solo adventures? =P

Still I wouldn't avoid the game just for the lack of Yoshi, if you like platformers and enjoyed previous 3d Mario games then you are missing out.

Chrome the hedgehog said:
FoxBlitzz said:
Hmm, I might get it, though it isn't really fun when you're shown a bunch of references to Yoshi and then hear from someone that he never physically appears in the game (at least without 100%). I just hope he's part of a secret... If anyone can find him, please let me know. If you do, I'll buy the thing like a hotcake, but until then I'll just be coding my own game and playing a few rounds of Team Fortress 2.

For what I have seen, His face is a planet for one of the hidden stars.

Which hidden star? And do you have any pics?

It's the hidden star in Good Egg Galaxy (the first major area). I forget which star you have to choose to get to it (IIRC it may be the one that ends with you inside that giant cylinder), but halfway through the level you need to feed a Hungry Luma something like 40 Star Bits, and then he turns into a Sling Star that shoots you off to a small planet that's basically a stone bust of Yoshi's head. Getting the star simply involves getting rid of all the Goombas walking around the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back