Super Mario Galaxy

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does get kinda frustrating trying to get around when you're moving under the planets and such. Especially when you're holding a bomb... D:

Anyway the game's great, just those damn comets that get to me...

Kaysakado said:
So the controls will suck horribly? Awesome.
Shockingly, most of the time, the controls work perfectly. It occasionally screws up when it's a mostly flat surface and the camera flips over when you go under, but 99% of the time, it's about as far from Mad Space as you can imagine. It's like Nintendo said "That's a good idea, but it's done really badly. Let's do it right."

As in "HAHAHHAH I CAN RUN AROUND A TNY PLANET FFFFFF" and go upside down and stuff.

And don't say Sonic sucks because IGN says so, SEGA is getting better now.

i have 100 stars and counting...

I like the classic remixes nintendo did.

Collecting the 100 purple coins is a pain.

i just need to do the comet missions then i will be done with the game well still have to beat bowser with luigi then get 100 purple coins at the star festival then i will have all 121 stars.

One thing that i dont like is the fact that you can only get the ability to fly in the main area not in the actual levels.

Shadow Hog said:
Chaos said:
Yes, because Sonic 2K6 was SOOOO awesome.

Sonic Rush Adventure and SatSR. Say anything to you?

But back on the subject, I got Mario Galaxy 2 days before it was released. And I was right to get it earlier. It was sold out before it officially got released.

Right now I completed Mario's game with all stars and extras.(except for the 121th star) and am now
busy with Luigi's file where I got 80 stars as of now.

I like the game, but I really wish there would be more large missions on 1 big planet. I simply loved FreezeFlame Galaxy's Mountain climbing mission. I also like how you can skip gigantic parts of the game by jumping higher than with the spring powerup. (Try a side or triple somersault against a wall, and before hitting it, spin. Now do a wall jump, and then spin again to get on top of the wall. You can go amazingly high this way.)

Curses, my lack of Mario Galaxy!

I've got FAR too many video games to play right now. my head is about to EXPLODE.

Also, SMS, suppose you haven't noticed the extra MB themes? "SPOILER" shows up like a sore thumb on the Void theme.

ree-c said:
Also, SMS, suppose you haven't noticed the extra MB themes? "SPOILER" shows up like a sore thumb on the Void theme.

Made it dark blue because I take it most of the people still use the regular theme.

I have to disagree with the control being great compared to SA2, though. There are times when you just run in circles at certain gravity angles if you push the control stick forward, and I get hit alot by rolling stones when it happens. But at least they don't have reversed control.

Super mystic sonic said:
Shadow Hog said:
Chaos said:
Yes, because Sonic 2K6 was SOOOO awesome.

Sonic Rush Adventure and SatSR. Say anything to you?
Nope. Secret Rings wasn't particularly great (although it was better than the SOOOO awesome 2K6) and I've surmised based on Sonic Rush and impressions of Adventure that it, too, really isn't all that great either. Speed was the gimmick, not the primary focus - something Rush doesn't seem to understand.

But yes, I suppose this is off-topic and that we should take this discussion elsewhere.

Well, I got the 121st star, and have had 120 since Wednesday. Super Mario Galaxy is downright phenomenal. Best game I've played in years.

63 Stars, and counting. By far the best platformer I've ever played. My only complaint is the boss difficulty, as I found the final boss to be a bit lacking in that category. In terms of EPIC, though, it's above and beyond the standard I had set.

Like, 40 stars and counting, and I've only been playing the game for a total of around 6 hours.

EDIT: Here, let me rephrase that: I have all the stars up to the point that I'm on, except for three shooting stars.

Mystic said:
Well, I got the 121st star, and have had 120 since Wednesday. Super Mario Galaxy is downright phenomenal. Best game I've played in years.

Well, I too have finished the game completely now, and I have to say it, no matter how many of you disagree. I liked Sunshine and 64 better.

It just seems to lack replayability, a good working camera, and most of the levels are linear, meaning they're good for only one or two runs.(Although you get forced to go trough them multiple times because of those comets)

Super mystic sonic said:
I liked 64 better.
I'm unsure which was better. Probbably 64 mainly because it seemed a bit harder than Galaxy.
Super mystic sonic said:
I liked sunshine better
No, just no.

Anyway, anyone who has Luigi, have you had trouble with Cosmic Luigi? Back on the second planet, it took me a couple of tries to beat him.

This game... wow.

As many of you from #srb2fun might know, I was really hyping the game, to the extent that I seemed to be overhyping it. But I really was not. This game surpassed my mile high expections. I haven't had this much fun with a game for atleast 10 years. Every part of this game is amazing, and I couldn't help but say "wow" a lot in this game.

One of the things I enjoyed about this game was the amazing soundtrack. I am a huge fan of Video Game Music, and I'm downloading every rip from this game. The music is just so, well, epic. And in a Mario game...
Yes, a epic Mario game is what this is. This thing was more epic than Twilight Princess for me. Sure, maybe I am a bigger fan of Mario than Zelda, but the size of this game is incrediable. You might not realize it if you speed through this game just getting 60 stars, but wow, the scope of this game is amazing.

The graphics, well, make all the other games on the Wii look like total crap. This doesn't look like two Gamecubes taped together, but two Xbox's taped together. Some of the specular highlights and bumpmapping show what the Wii can really do. And did I forget to mention the draw distances?

Some people have been complaining about how "linear" the game is, but I like this. It makes the game feel more like the classics. Although I don't hate the "exploration" parts of 64 and Sunshine, this is Mario, not some Adventure game. I also like how with each star, you visit a completely different part of the level. The controls are tight. The camera is near perfect. And the gravity and sphereical surfaces make this game unique to be its own. The difficulty is not easy nor frustrating, and is just perfect. This game has some pretty crazy moments. It isn't Lost Levels, but it is not New Super Mario Bros. either.

This thing is practically at times Mario fan service. Airships. Magikoopas. Bad-ass Bowser. Fire Flowers. Suits. The list goes on and on. This thing references almost all the big Mario games in the past. Parts made me almost cry. Yeah, I'm a Mario fanboy, what can I say?

I have two complaints...

1:No Koopa Kids dammit
2:No Yoshi dammit

This game is going to be a classic. You know it. I know it.

Now if you excuse me, I will be attending my second playthrough of this masterpiece...

How do we know your not over-hyping it now? =P

How are the levels laid out, is it a series of little round areas you jump to and run around briefly before jumping again?

Mystic said:

Have you been playing all day everyday? By that I mean that it is hard to find the last star usually.

JEV3 said:
How do we know your not over-hyping it now? =P

How are the levels laid out, is it a series of little round areas you jump to and run around briefly before jumping again?

Hyping a game you already beat?

Anyways, no, each level is extremely unique, though going from planet to planet is the basic idea.

I really liked the exploration in the 3D Mario games. Its just something 3D games need to be fun, and 2D games need as fun extras. I was dissapointed it wasn't avaible in Mario Galaxy. It was fun, sure. But I wouldn't want to play it again lots from this point, something I did do with Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine. Mario Sunshine is underrated IMO. Is that because it doesn't have that much old styled gameplay and many differen't level themes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back