• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

About the next contest... (Jan/Feb 09, not the current one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Kaysakado's getting at, for those who didn't understand the implication, is that Single Player entries already allow for custom wad/soc content. Placing enemies into the custom material pack would be a waste of size and you're better off just adding them into your wad.

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Thing Type 13370 - Upside-Down Torch Flame
Thing Type 13371 - Tumbleweed
Thing Type 13372 - Invisible Quicksand Launcher. (Note: You'll have to put large clumps of these for them to function properly.)
Thing Type 13373 - Upside-Down Gargoyle

Just a few things to say about these:
1: The upside-down flames don't have an SOC entry to attach the flame lighting in OpenGL.
2: An increased radius on the quicksand launcher might be beneficial in that you wouldn't have to place so many to get the desired effect.
3: Maybe there should also be a separate upside-down gargoyle object that is pushable? I don't know if ceiling switches are possible, but it would make for a neat puzzle if you had to push a gargoyle that's on the ceiling in order to press a switch.

Any chance that custom music is allowed? If so, I'd be more than willing to donate my Chemical Plant ogg into the mix. I don't think the file size is significant (considering the music is slightly lowered quality and is looppointed), and it appears to be a popular tune among the Single Player division. I've gotten asked if a level author could use the song like three or four times now.

This is a recreation of the Hoops from Sonic Riders. Works for all characters. Use RunSOC = HOOP in the level header if you want this effect; otherwise, use RunSOC = NOHOOP in the level header to kill the SOC, so that it doesn't rub off onto other levels. More instructions inside the MAINCFG.

EDIT:

Blue Warrior said:
Any chance that custom music is allowed? If so, I'd be more than willing to donate my Chemical Plant ogg into the mix.

If you're willing, then donate it already! =P

The last day for submissions will be December 16th at 7:00 PM Eastern US time. If you want something added to the resource package, have it posted in this topic before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back